!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2016 5:56 pm  #181

Re: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition

I was gonna say the one stretch goal I wanted was the ribbon and then ask for a second ribbon but it looks like Ghul already thought of that.

What? Me worry?

10/22/2016 6:01 pm  #182

Ghul wrote:

I was just looking at the art again...as you do and for this piece I was thinking "as a DM this summoner is about to have a bad day [book stand in the circle never mind him standing in the circle], but as an art love it's cool".

I'm also half wondering if that warlock is getting ready to go into "oh s***!" mode.

What? Me worry?

10/22/2016 10:29 pm  #183

Yeah.  This is about to get really ugly really fast.

10/24/2016 7:44 am  #184

I suspect "more spells" mostly covers the lists of the additional classes, but what about those new monsters? Will you share a list of those at some point? I'm waaaay too impatient, I know :D

10/24/2016 8:16 am  #185

I am very glad that you keep sticking to your guns.  Advice of barracks rooms lawyers, navel gazers, and serial crowdfunders didn't make you the best of the best, when it comes to tabletop rpg crowdfunding.

Last edited by francisca (10/24/2016 8:36 am)

10/24/2016 10:30 am  #186

Ynas Midgard wrote:

I suspect "more spells" mostly covers the lists of the additional classes, but what about those new monsters? Will you share a list of those at some point? I'm waaaay too impatient, I know :D

Not ready to spill the beans on that yet, Ynas!

But one thing I'll tease with is this: How about sixteen new daemons all illustrated by the legend, Russ Nicholson? ;)

Last edited by Ghul (10/24/2016 10:38 am)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/24/2016 10:32 am  #187

francisca wrote:

I am very glad that you keep sticking to your guns.  Advice of barracks rooms lawyers, navel gazers, and serial crowdfunders didn't make you the best of the best, when it comes to tabletop rpg crowdfunding.

I'm receiving a lot of advice, it's true! 

10/24/2016 10:36 am  #188

Ghul wrote:

How about sixteen new daemons all illustrated by the legend, Russ Nicholson? ;)

10/24/2016 10:38 am  #189

New art has rolled in for the Second Edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (Kickstarter live now!). This piece, originally pencilled and inked by Val Semeiks (Conan the Barbarian, Lobo, Wolverine), has now been colored by Daisey Bingham. This picture will serve as a frontispiece for Volume III: Adventure & Combat. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! ~Jeff T.

10/24/2016 10:40 am  #190

Ghul wrote:

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Not ready to spill the beans on that yet, Ynas!

But one thing I'll tease with is this: How about sixteen new daemons all illustrated by the legend, Russ Nicholson? ;)

Well thanks for making the wait harder.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/24/2016 11:55 am  #191

Chainsaw wrote:

MonkeyBlood wrote:

A brilliant day for the AS&SH game! Well done everyone :D

Great map, Glynn! Thanks for your hard work, man. Looking forward to using it and everything else you're doing for this project!

Cheers Chainsaw :D

Build it, and they will come.

10/24/2016 1:13 pm  #192

Val Semeiks work just looks brill!

10/24/2016 2:48 pm  #193

francisca wrote:

I think it has something to do with Kickstarter/crowdfunding. It makes people feel like a producer with a say in how the end product will appear.

At the same time, I wouldn't call Jeff closed to ideas. Don't take anything personally should you suggest something he doesn't go with. Try to come up with something better, or venture out on your own, or just enjoy the game. :-D

Edit: I think I see the comment on the KS that spurred you to make the post. It's pretty inane to say "change the magic system," but I would have found more worth in the fellow's views if he said something like, "here's the magic system we use in my home campaign," and placed the rules up in these forums.

Last edited by Josh (10/24/2016 4:16 pm)

10/24/2016 3:16 pm  #194

Ghul wrote:

You, sir, have not made my waiting any more bearable, but you sure have kicked the carrot at the end of the stick up a notch ;)

10/25/2016 8:11 am  #195

Check out our new Kickstarter Update on the Second Editon of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, where Johnathan Bingham shows us that tomb raiding in Hyperborea can be dangerous business!

10/25/2016 1:39 pm  #196

Nice! Does that mark the first Hyperborea comic?

10/26/2016 12:17 pm  #197

Josh wrote:

Nice! Does that mark the first Hyperborea comic?

Well, Ian did an excellent sequence in the original boxed set, but we split it up over several pages, but as far as full page sequencing in an ASSH book, yes, John Bingham and Del Teigeler each have some work in this style. In each instance, I feel that they tell a great story.

10/26/2016 12:22 pm  #198

If this Amazon paladin of Artemis found herself in the zombie apocalypse, I scarcely believe she would fare as poorly as Rick Grimes and company. This heroine has strength of steel, indomitable resolve, and mystic sorcery to turn the undead! She would be victorious. Illustration by Del Teigeler!

Please support our Kickstarter campaign for the Second Edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, live right now!

http://kck.st/2erUCmz

Cheers,
Jeff T.

10/27/2016 8:18 pm  #199

Oh man!  Awesome!  Is there a possibility of T-Shirts with this??? <edit> I SEE THE TSHIRT!

Last edited by Barnett1967 (10/27/2016 8:29 pm)

10/28/2016 7:32 am  #200

Barnett1967 wrote:

Oh man!  Awesome!  Is there a possibility of T-Shirts with this??? <edit> I SEE THE TSHIRT!

Hi Beau!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.