!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2016 5:37 am  #101

Re: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition

That's very nice...need to add to my GMing t-shirt collection with that one!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/17/2016 10:02 am  #102

I can see this Kickstarter project is going to cost me a LOT of money.  /sigh/

10/17/2016 10:37 am  #103

ThornPlutonius wrote:

I can see this Kickstarter project is going to cost me a LOT of money.  /sigh/

Same here, haha!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/17/2016 11:02 am  #104

Ghul wrote:

soundchaser wrote:

That nifty canvas map has me thinking of trying to put together something like it for my own campaign world. Do you notes anywhere on how you crafted it together??

That Runegraver is awewome. 

Glad you like it! It is probably important to design a map like that to actual size; meaning, if you plan to print a map on canvas that is 11 x 17 inches, I would suggest that you not blow it up too much, because you can start to lose quality -- unless it is 600 dpi high resolution in a lossless file format. After that, there are canvas printers probably in  every city!

Huh, will search around (Pittsburgh area). My plan is to put together a 22x34 hex map of the campaign world (I have lots of blank hex maps that size).

10/17/2016 12:51 pm  #105

I am definitely getting the maps and t-shirt.

10/17/2016 5:41 pm  #106

Brock Savage wrote:

I am definitely getting the maps and t-shirt.

That's nice to hear, Brock! Just to be clear: Your book will come with a folded map; the canvas map is an optional add-on. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/17/2016 7:21 pm  #107

Getting real excited for this.

10/17/2016 9:48 pm  #108

That canvas map might be a must for my table;)

10/18/2016 11:05 am  #109

Jason Sholtis is a man who really enjoys exploring the "weird fantasy" aspect of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, so it was with little hesitation that I assigned to him a series of monster illustrations inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith. Here is Jason's rendition of the Great Race of Yith -- weird, alien beings that were featured in HPL's novella, The Shadow Out of Time

KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN FOR AS&SH 2E LAUNCHES THIS FRIDAY!

10/18/2016 11:10 am  #110

Badass!

10/18/2016 11:15 am  #111

I'm pretty sure that thing is what gave me my small scar on my left hand after feeling something underfoot while at the Wildwood shore!

This just keeps looking awesomer and awesomer.

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

10/18/2016 2:16 pm  #112

Zudrak wrote:

I'm pretty sure that thing is what gave me my small scar on my left hand after feeling something underfoot while at the Wildwood shore!

This just keeps looking awesomer and awesomer.

As long as you're sure! ;)

10/19/2016 2:23 am  #113

Ghul wrote:

Here is Jason's rendition of the Great Race of Yith -- weird, alien beings that were featured in HPL's novella, The Shadow Out of Time

That is an amazing pic. Pardon me if this has been answered before, but will the hardback rulebook also come with a pdf? I prefer to archive my hardbounds and use my pdfs on tablet + prints from my work printer for actual gameplay. Thanks.

10/19/2016 2:44 am  #114

I feel like a street party is in order to celebrate the opening of the kickstarter. Sadly, I don't know anyone else on the road who will be willing to dress up as a barbarian or a cthuloid monster and join in with me. I'll just have to party on my own!

10/19/2016 7:53 am  #115

Brock Savage wrote:

Pardon me if this has been answered before, but will the hardback rulebook also come with a pdf? I prefer to archive my hardbounds and use my pdfs on tablet + prints from my work printer for actual gameplay. Thanks. 

Yes sir. The PDF by itself will be a separate pledge level, but it also will be bundled with all hardback pledges (except perhaps the three-book retailer package—I'm unsure on that one).

10/19/2016 10:42 am  #116

AxBattler wrote:

I feel like a street party is in order to celebrate the opening of the kickstarter. Sadly, I don't know anyone else on the road who will be willing to dress up as a barbarian or a cthuloid monster and join in with me. I'll just have to party on my own!

Haha! Sounds like a plan, Ax! Show your street you mean business!

10/19/2016 10:44 am  #117

DMPrata wrote:

Brock Savage wrote:

Pardon me if this has been answered before, but will the hardback rulebook also come with a pdf? I prefer to archive my hardbounds and use my pdfs on tablet + prints from my work printer for actual gameplay. Thanks. 

Yes sir. The PDF by itself will be a separate pledge level, but it also will be bundled with all hardback pledges (except perhaps the three-book retailer package—I'm unsure on that one).

But yes, the regular pledges will come with a PDF and that is a perk of the Kickstarter campaign, as hardcopy and electronic copies will be sold separately after the KS is through. 

Retailer packages are straight books, intended for brick-and-mortar shops. They won't come with PDFs

10/19/2016 10:48 am  #118

Val Semeiks is doing phenomenal work for the Second Edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. This pencil sketch called "Ossuary" is a work-in-progress in which our Atlantean thief needs just a little more rope...

AS&SH 2E KICKSTARTER LAUNCHES IN TWO DAYS!

10/19/2016 12:40 pm  #119

Very cool!

Do those skulls behind her belong to all of the thieves before her that failed?

10/19/2016 4:53 pm  #120

Chainsaw wrote:

Very cool!

Do those skulls behind her belong to all of the thieves before her that failed?

That's a lot of failed thieves!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.