!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2016 7:42 pm  #21

Re: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd Edition

Uh... Jeff, should we tell them now that I am working on the Essentials; Gnomes of Hyperborea splatbook or is that still a secret?

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

9/09/2016 5:03 pm  #22

mavfire wrote:

Uh... Jeff, should we tell them now that I am working on the Essentials; Gnomes of Hyperborea splatbook or is that still a secret?

Featuring 99 new feats, just for gnomes? No, we shouldn't tell them yet... ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/13/2016 5:39 am  #23

The new HYPERBOREA map features the work of Mr. Glynn Seal of MonkeyBlood Design. It is already complete, and we are over a month away (Oct. 21) from launching our Kickstarter campaign for AS&SH 2nd Edition. In fact, the original is now here at North Wind Adventures.

So, what is different about the map? Well, it has been hand drawn -- pencils, inks, colored pencils. Labeling has been rendered via computer, afterwards.

The new HYPERBOREA map will dwarf the old map, measuring 40 x 32 inches! It will fold to an 8-inch square, and will be tucked inside the hardcover. 

Cheers,
Jeff T.

9/13/2016 6:32 am  #24

Exciting - can't wait to see the whole map!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/13/2016 8:27 am  #25

Does this mean the gnomes of Hyperborea in the splatbook are ALSO 46.65% larger now? 😉

This looks great, guys!

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

9/13/2016 8:44 am  #26

I know I'm asking to be picked clean here, but that map alone is going to be worth whatever you're asking for the hardcover.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/13/2016 9:00 am  #27

That new map is going to be worth the price of admission alone.

What? Me worry?

9/13/2016 3:40 pm  #28

Man, that is beautiful.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

9/13/2016 9:41 pm  #29

That map is awesome Mr Seal! Nicely done. That thing will look sweet up on the wall.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

9/14/2016 7:17 pm  #30

Question for Jeff,

The new map looks very cool. My question is - are there any additional cities or places on the new map? 

Thanks!

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

9/14/2016 7:24 pm  #31

Scalydemon wrote:

Question for Jeff,

The new map looks very cool. My question is - are there any additional cities or places on the new map? 

Thanks!

Thanks, Scaly. Just a few that were featured in modules or are soon to be featured in forthcoming modules. These include Bogrest (Beneath the Comet), Xamboola (The Anthropophagi of Xamboola), Lemuria (Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess), Calencia (Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes). There are many unlabeled islands, towns, and so forth, as we maintain the philosophy of allowing fellow referees to develop Hyperborea to suit the needs of their own campaigns.

9/15/2016 6:56 am  #32

Ghul wrote:

Scalydemon wrote:

Question for Jeff,

Thanks!

Thanks, Scaly. Just a few that were featured in modules or are soon to be featured in forthcoming modules. These include Bogrest (Beneath the Comet), Xamboola (The Anthropophagi of Xamboola), Lemuria (Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess), Calencia (Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes). There are many unlabeled islands, towns, and so forth, as we maintain the philosophy of allowing fellow referees to develop Hyperborea to suit the needs of their own campaigns.

I'm pretty sure my players will never want to go back to Bogrest........

I'm glad these additional places and people groups will be added!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/15/2016 11:12 am  #33

mabon5127 wrote:

Wimps.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/15/2016 11:33 am  #34

Blackadder23 wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Wimps.

Haha! yeah.  Universally they enjoyed the adventure regardless.

While in my soul forever

9/15/2016 11:38 am  #35

That's great to hear.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/18/2016 4:56 pm  #36

mavfire wrote:

That map is awesome Mr Seal! Nicely done. That thing will look sweet up on the wall.

Cheers Del :D. It was a challenge, and I LOVE a challenge. I'm really looking forward to this 2nd edition!

Build it, and they will come.

9/20/2016 4:58 am  #37

Swords, Sorcery, and Weird-Fantasy are the primary descriptors for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. When looking to visually capture the "WEIRD" component, we need look no further than artist Johnathan Bingham. John has his finger on the pulse of AS&SH, able to capture its many moods and nuances. Here we see an exhilarating example of his gorgeous interior work, soon to grace the pages of AS&SH 2nd Edition, a horror piece John calls "Werewolf Transformation". I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

9/20/2016 6:42 am  #38

Nice! This ranks among my most favorite Bingham pieces, maybe even at the top. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/20/2016 7:28 am  #39

Ghul wrote:

There are many unlabeled islands, towns, and so forth, as we maintain the philosophy of allowing fellow referees to develop Hyperborea to suit the needs of their own campaigns.

I can not begin to express to you how important this way of thinking is to me as a consumer.

9/20/2016 9:13 am  #40

francisca wrote:

Ghul wrote:

There are many unlabeled islands, towns, and so forth, as we maintain the philosophy of allowing fellow referees to develop Hyperborea to suit the needs of their own campaigns.

I can not begin to express to you how important this way of thinking is to me as a consumer.

Ditto.

While in my soul forever

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.