!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2016 10:40 am  #1

GriffCon 40

My local gaming store here in South Bend - The Griffon (a great store!) is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year by holding a convention http://www.griffcon40.com/ .  I will be running two games a session of HYPERBOREA on Friday evening and an AD&D session on Saturday morning.

9/02/2016 11:24 am  #2

Re: GriffCon 40

Nice! Which adventures?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/02/2016 11:52 am  #3

"Floating Monks of Malapesh" for HYPERBOREA and "Serpents of Black Waters" for AD&D.   Probably the last time I run those ones at a convention. 

I've been working on a new HYPERBOREA adventure (for GaryCon) but I don't think it'll be ready by the beginning of October.

9/02/2016 11:57 am  #4

lige wrote:

"Floating Monks of Malapesh" for HYPERBOREA and "Serpents of Black Waters" for AD&D.   Probably the last time I run those ones at a convention.

Both fun!

lige wrote:

I've been working on a new HYPERBOREA adventure (for GaryCon) but I don't think it'll be ready by the beginning of October.

Looking forward to learning more.

10/07/2016 11:27 pm  #5

Ran the game at GriffCon 40 tonite.  Had 6 players and no one had played HYPERBOREA before.  I think everyone had a pretty good time and we ended on a nice one on one battle that forestalled a TPK (thanks in large part to the AS&SH critical hit table.  Though it worked against both sides in that battle!). Got to see some new stuff from the players but ended up with similar results including a party member being turned into a paste by the cestus  wielding berserker.   Though due to different circumstances than the fate of your character Chainsaw.

10/09/2016 6:36 am  #6

Haha! Glad you guys had fun.

10/09/2016 10:09 am  #7

Great stuff, lige! I'm honored that you would run AS&SH at such a grand celebration. I wonder how many gaming stores are 40? 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.