!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2016 7:29 am  #1

Conversion Charts?

Are there any conversion charts already made for easily changing NPC's from other versions of D&D to AS&SH?  Like 1st Edition, 2nd Edition and 3.x Edition D&D?

Thanks in advance!

8/24/2016 7:53 am  #2

Re: Conversion Charts?

Not that I'm aware of.
I'm willing to offer suggestions if you have some specific NPCs, however.  I'm not well-versed in 2e beyond the core 3 books, so my eyes will likely glaze over if you start talking about kits and NWPs, etc..  I did run 3e/3.5 for ~4 years, though, so I can probably shake those cobwebs loose.

8/24/2016 2:14 pm  #3

Just simple things I think.  Like AC conversion between the editions (shouldn't be to hard), To hit modifiers (Thaco, Bonus to Hit, etc... think most of the editions did it a bit different if i remember correctly).  Just simple things like that I guess.

8/26/2016 6:27 am  #4

If you want NPCs with class-levels, I suggest simply using equivalents present in AS&SH. Check what weapon they wield and what protective gear they wear and simply use their stats from AS&SH. If they have a high score in an attribute, assume that has a +1 modifier; if it's really high, make it +2. Levels and classes are pretty straightforward in 1E and 2E, a bit trickier in 3E (if they're level x, make it (x/2 +1) or about that). To-hit numbers and saving throws and such should follow from the established class and level.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.