!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2015 10:40 am  #261

Re: Introduction Thread

Mortificateur wrote:

Since I bought AS&SH I haven't played any other game haha! Welcome home DiceDuke!

Well said.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/17/2015 8:13 pm  #262

Welcome aboard, DiceDuke! Love the Warduke avatar. That's excellent. Glad you enjoy the boxed set! You see, at the very heart of this thing, I wanted to create a version of my favorite game that I could play with my drinking buddies. A game that explores the kind of swords-and-sorcery pulp fiction that I've always loved. It just so happens that some fine, discerning folks like you are interested in the same sort of thing! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/17/2015 10:30 pm  #263

Thanks to all for the kind welcome! I'm excited to introduce my gaming group to AS&SH, we've been in a gaming rut the last couple of years. I'm pretty confident they are going to like this and I'm hopeful that it will attract some new/old blood. Feels like: "We're getting the band back together man!"

"...only a shadowy conception of the future and of his own emotional make-up saved him from being a man without imagination, a dangerous dullard."  -the Gunslinger, The Dark Tower I

11/18/2015 5:32 am  #264

All the best to you and your group in gaming DiceDuke, I'm sure you'll have a blast!
love the warduke avatar :]

11/19/2015 9:46 pm  #265

Thanks Seb! The wheels are in motion.

"...only a shadowy conception of the future and of his own emotional make-up saved him from being a man without imagination, a dangerous dullard."  -the Gunslinger, The Dark Tower I

2/24/2016 6:33 am  #266

Hello all, I've sort of jumped in already and started some threads in other sections, but just noticed this thread and thought I should introduce myself :-)

I've played D&D on and off since 1994 (starting with 2nd Ed) but have been out of the hobby for a long time and am only just (slowly) finding my way back in.  Along the way I discovered the OSR and through that I am slowly discovering some of the old Appendix N books, and I absolutely love the feel of the setting described in ASSH - it speaks volumes in so few words - very evocative!

My current project is setting up a campaign blending ASSH's Hyperborea with Autarch's Dwimmermount (over in the general thread).

One newcomer's question: are their guidelines on this forum as to how to handle discussions with potential spoilers?  Are most posters assumed to be judges/referees/GMs?  Is a mention of possible spoilers in the thread title sufficient?  Or are spoilers avoided altogether?

Thanks for having me!

2/24/2016 8:14 am  #267

Hi, BroneAger! Welcome a-board.

I think *most* people here are DMs, but, that said, I have seen people hide spoilers in their posts as well. Looking at the posting options, I realize I'm not quite sure how to do that except maybe for using white text and telling people to highlight to reveal the spoiler: Like This!

2/24/2016 9:23 am  #268

Hmmm, let's see if the bbcode for spoilers work:

Will this be hid? it's just

What? Me worry?

2/24/2016 10:57 am  #269

gizmomathboy wrote:

Hmmm, let's see if the bbcode for spoilers work:

Will this be hid? it's just

Ah so just spoiler and /spoiler in square brackets. I knew there was a trick!

2/24/2016 8:52 pm  #270

BronzeAger wrote:

Hello all, I've sort of jumped in already and started some threads in other sections, but just noticed this thread and thought I should introduce myself :-)

Welcome aboard!

I've played D&D on and off since 1994 (starting with 2nd Ed) but have been out of the hobby for a long time and am only just (slowly) finding my way back in.  Along the way I discovered the OSR and through that I am slowly discovering some of the old Appendix N books, and I absolutely love the feel of the setting described in ASSH - it speaks volumes in so few words - very evocative!

Similar path for me, though I returned a few years earlier, back in 2009-2010. Needless to say, if I am here, I totally agree on AS&SH.

My current project is setting up a campaign blending ASSH's Hyperborea with Autarch's Dwimmermount (over in the general thread).

I have seen people say good things about Dwimmermount, though I have not read through it myself.

One newcomer's question: are their guidelines on this forum as to how to handle discussions with potential spoilers?  Are most posters assumed to be judges/referees/GMs?  Is a mention of possible spoilers in the thread title sufficient?  Or are spoilers avoided altogether?

I would just use the spoiler tag - like this, but without the stars: [*spoiler*]message[/*spoiler]

Thanks for having me!

Happy to have you!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/28/2016 9:28 pm  #271

I'm a little slow to the party but, welcome BronzeAger! Of all the forums I lurk on and occasionally dip my toes in, I have found the Hyperborea forums here to easily be the most helpful and enjoyable. This place is loaded with friendly, creative, and talented people! Hope you enjoy your time here.

2/29/2016 5:56 am  #272

Welcome new folks!
Funny. I only just got a notification, though I seemed to have missed a couple posts.
Be well all!
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

3/01/2016 2:27 pm  #273

Welcome aboard BronzeAger!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/03/2016 3:47 pm  #274

Hello everyone, nice to find this place. I picked up the game on pdf about a year ago and really like the way it reads. The setting and rules are excellently done. I'm a DM hoping eventually to convince some of my firmly Pathfinder high fantasy loving players to try sword and sorcery.

An angry Rhino appears!

3/03/2016 5:31 pm  #275

idilippy wrote:

Hello everyone, nice to find this place. I picked up the game on pdf about a year ago and really like the way it reads. The setting and rules are excellently done. I'm a DM hoping eventually to convince some of my firmly Pathfinder high fantasy loving players to try sword and sorcery.

Welcome aboard, my friend. I am running games at Gary Con in Lake Geneva as we speak. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/03/2016 6:28 pm  #276

Nice, looks like y'all are having fun!

An angry Rhino appears!

3/04/2016 9:39 pm  #277

Thanks, so far they're resistant to the idea of anything that's not d20 but I can hope.

An angry Rhino appears!

3/08/2016 5:56 pm  #278

Welcome a-board, idilippy and dm_soda!

3/08/2016 7:21 pm  #279

Welcome to Hyperborea!  idilippy and dm_soda, hope you find a pleasant home here!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/09/2016 11:47 pm  #280

Thanks, both of you!

An angry Rhino appears!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.