!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2015 2:46 pm  #21

Re: Larchmere Yys

Handy Haversack wrote:

Maybe I could move to Larchmere Yys.

I hear there's some well-paid jobs available there if you don't mind underground travel...something about carrying a lantern and swinging a sword.

1/30/2016 2:55 pm  #22

I made a short post about the area for my players as I'm thinking about continuing our campaign (well, sort of like a second season, so to speak); I also stole, I mean, borrowed the name Crystal Lake because I liked it ;)

2/05/2016 10:43 am  #23

Ynas Midgard wrote:

I made a short post about the area for my players as I'm thinking about continuing our campaign (well, sort of like a second season, so to speak); I also stole, I mean, borrowed the name Crystal Lake because I liked it ;)

Finally clicked and read. Nice work! You've added a lot of your own flavor, which I like to see. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/05/2016 12:36 pm  #24

Ghul wrote:

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Finally clicked and read. Nice work! You've added a lot of your own flavor, which I like to see. 

I had missed the post somehow. Great stuff. This really brought a tear to the eye: "also, giant spiders."

1/19/2017 6:54 am  #25

This thread is almost a year old. As I mentioned over on the G+ AS&SH thread last week, I'm starting a new campaign (tomorrow!) and was looking for some quick canned adventures. I've decided to start the party out "on the run" from authorities in a town not too far from a desert and then work in a heavily modified B4. Clearly it's more ambitious than my original goal of a canned adventure, but what the hell, right?

I was looking at the map last night and thinking that Krimmea might be a good place to start and then I stumbled upon this thread. Love everything I've read here (and Ynas Midgard's blog post as well!). Don't have a map handy at I type this but if it works out properly, distance-wise, I could easily place the starting point for my players at Larchmere (on the run, as it were).

1/19/2017 8:31 am  #26

Hey Druvas! Hope all is well. Love to hear about how your game goes in the Campaign Journal forum.

Also, you going to Gary Con this year?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/19/2017 12:37 pm  #27

Druvas wrote:

This thread is almost a year old. As I mentioned over on the G+ AS&SH thread last week, I'm starting a new campaign (tomorrow!) and was looking for some quick canned adventures. I've decided to start the party out "on the run" from authorities in a town not too far from a desert and then work in a heavily modified B4. Clearly it's more ambitious than my original goal of a canned adventure, but what the hell, right?

I was looking at the map last night and thinking that Krimmea might be a good place to start and then I stumbled upon this thread. Love everything I've read here (and Ynas Midgard's blog post as well!). Don't have a map handy at I type this but if it works out properly, distance-wise, I could easily place the starting point for my players at Larchmere (on the run, as it were).

I'm just glad there was something useful to you among all the Haversackian nonsense!

1/20/2017 11:30 pm  #28

Chainsaw wrote:

Hey Druvas! Hope all is well. Love to hear about how your game goes in the Campaign Journal forum.

Also, you going to Gary Con this year?

Hey Chainsaw! All is indeed well as I hope it is with you! Thanks and I am typing it up right after I finish this post. :-)

Edit: Hey Chainsaw, I realized that I didn't answer your question! I am not going to make it to Gary Con this year but I am budgeting for it for next year. I don't get a lot of leave at my job and the family demands my attention. :-)

Last edited by Druvas (2/03/2017 7:07 am)

1/20/2017 11:30 pm  #29

Handy Haversack wrote:

Druvas wrote:

I'm just glad there was something useful to you among all the Haversackian nonsense!

As always, Handy, your posts are rich with the seeds of campaigns!

2/03/2017 7:05 am  #30

Just wanted to share some nuggets of adventure in and around Vorhees that are available for my players for tonight's session:

- Witches Shack:
Small stone house with thatched roof.  Door is merely a curtain. House looks ancient; mortar between the stones is chipped and cracked. Clearing around house always shrouded with light mist and fog.
Old Esquimaux crone, appears feeble and frail. Walks slowly with a cane carved from a gnarled tree branch. Missing most of her teeth. Smells musky.  Mutters to herself.
“Welcome travelers! I haven’t had visitors in… some time… Perhaps you all would care to join poor old Siku for supper?”
She keeps a beaten and submissive carnivorous ape in a hole in the ground of her shack (in a fairly weakened condition). Why? Who the f*** knows, lol. She will attempt to poison guests with a paralytic and then drain them of a couple quarts of blood before leaving for parts unknown.

- Vorhees itself is populated by roughly 350 souls of Turkish-like descent. Most are LE and worship Yis. Town is palisaded, structures are mostly tents with one large stone tower in the center of town. A Bey rules but is himself a puppet of the snake-men clergy at the top of the tower. Great treasure rumored to be held inside of tower...

-The locals trade salt and rare breeds of lotus which they mine and collect in the red desert. One such trader they may meet in a tavern will mention that his camels and several of his wives were stolen. The thieves must be pursued into the Red Desert. This will lead to the Lost City.

-Lake Kristal:
Rumors have it that a ghost haunts an old hunting camp on the edge of Kristal Lake. A cabin sits on the water’s edge used by hunters in the early winter. Many who stay there have been found mutilated, usually decapitated. The story is a popular one to scare children to bed in Vorhees. Recently a group of adolescents from town went to the camp to test the veracity of the tale. One returned, bloodied and shaken, raving about a masked man or man-like beast that hunted them one by one and killed them.
Potential treasure: Mask of insanity (cursed item), +1 machete (short sword), and various coin from victims.

Thanks again for the adventure seed ideas! I really hope they choose to investigate the Lake Kristal...

Last edited by Druvas (2/03/2017 7:11 am)

2/03/2017 4:20 pm  #31

Excellent!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.