!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2015 10:14 am  #81

Re: Gary Con VIII (2016)

We're all hoping you can make it, Chainsaw, but if the travel is too maddening and your schedule is too tight, it is not the last convention!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/10/2015 1:51 pm  #82

Here is a quick update of games being run by folks on the board.  Corrections and additions would be appreciated!

Thursday:   Ghul (1), mabon5127 (2)
Friday:   DMPrata (1), Ghul (1), mabon5127 (2)
Saturday:   Ghul (1)

Unscheduled:   SavageGM (1), lige (1), Handy Haversack (1)

That's 11 games under the ASSH banner, not too bad!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

12/10/2015 1:57 pm  #83

My adventure will be for 5 characters of level 3. It's called "No Warmth from the Gold". I haven't decided dates and times yet but I will run it twice.

12/10/2015 2:23 pm  #84

Handy Haversack wrote:

In Hyperborea, tasty animals eat YOU!

What do you think makes them so tasty?

12/12/2015 9:59 pm  #85

I'm registered again this year, perhaps I will be seeing some of you fine fellas.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

12/17/2015 10:09 pm  #86

My events are in!

• Thursday, 8PM, HYPERBOREA: The Mystery at Port Greely
  • Friday, 8PM, HYPERBOREA: The Sea-Wolf's Daughter
  • Saturday, 8PM, HYPERBOREA: The Sea-Wolf's Daughter

The Mystery at Port Greely: Until recently, the peculiar village of Port Greely was renowned as one of the most prolific exporters of crustaceans in the realm. Then, about three years ago, the Greely lobstermen severed all ties with outside partners. Subsequent attempts at renegotiation were shunned. More recently, a small group of Fishmongers’ Guild representatives from the City-State of Khromarium has gone missing in Port Greely, and answers have been less than forthcoming. At present, the guild seeks answers. They want to know what became of their representatives, and they wish to reestablish their lucrative partnership with the Port Greely lobstermen. Your party has been contracted to help resolve the mystery at Port Greely.

The Sea-Wolf's Daughter: The player characters dine in the hall of a petty kinglet known as Björn Blackbeard. He has abducted Gunnhildr, the daughter of Ragnarr “The Sea-Wolf”, a Viking chieftain, and he intends to marry her when Selene (the larger of Hyperborea’s two moons) is next full. The young woman is somewhere in Blackbeard’s compound. She must be rescued. Meantime, some 40 bloodthirsty Vikings, including Ragnarr himself, lie in wait, hidden in a nearby gulch.

12/18/2015 9:41 am  #87

Ghul I'm guessing they didn't do a drop down for ASSH:

Game System(s)   : AS&SH
Game System(s)   : Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea
Game System(s)   : Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea

Not sure if we want to be anal about consistent branding/naming of the Game System in the event catalog or not. You know, so we promote the goodness that is ASSH as best as we possibly can.

What? Me worry?

12/18/2015 10:24 am  #88

Because I'm bored and it's Friday and it's almost time for 2 weeks of vacation time...
222 events have been approved so far. This is the count by game system (with some massaging of the data. I'm lumping in all the CoC together plus the massaging to have all the ASSH stuff counted together with their slightly different game system listings.

AD&D 1st Edition        : 27
Call of Cthulhu         : 16
D&D 5th Edition         : 11
Astonishing Swordsmen   : 9
Castles and Crusades    : 9
D&D 3rd Edition         : 8
Metamorphosis Alpha     : 7
Shadow of the Demon Lo  : 7
Savage Worlds           : 7
Circus Maximus          : 5
Dungeon Crawl Classics  : 5
Swords & Wizardry       : 5
World War Tesla         : 5
Shadowrun 5th Edition   : 4
Aerodrome               : 4
FERAL World             : 4
Dawn Patrol 7th editio  : 4
AD&D 2nd Edition        : 4
Warhammer Fantasy, Hom  : 3
The Morrow Project      : 3
Basic D&D               : 3
Firefly                 : 3
Squad Leader            : 2
Euphoria                : 2
Lance RP                : 2
Crimson Dragon Slayer   : 2
Outrider                : 2
Munchkin                : 2
Gamma World 2nd Editio  : 2
D6xD6                   : 2
Axis & Allies           : 2
Marvel Heroic           : 2
Mutant Future           : 2
Toon                    : 2
Adventures in the East  : 2
Numenera                : 2
Fuzzy Heroes            : 2
Viticulture             : 2
Ghostbusters RPG        : 2
Labyrinth               : 1
Marvel Super Heroes     : 1
Barbarians of Lemuria   : 1
Amazing Adventures      : 1
Star Wars (WEG) 2nd Ed  : 1
Artemis                 : 1
Top Secret              : 1
Dark Frontiers          : 1
Art of RPGs             : 1
War of the Ring         : 1
Talisman                : 1
Nuclear War, Nuclear E  : 1
Civilization            : 1
Castellan               : 1
Doctor Who (FASA - 1st  : 1
Dork Tower              : 1
77 Lost Worlds          : 1
An Eldritch Game        : 1
Deadlands (Classic)     : 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja T  : 1
Wizards Quest           : 1
Star Frontiers          : 1
Divine Right            : 1
Paranoia 2nd Edition    : 1
The aMAZEing Labyrinth  : 1
In Nomine               : 1
WEGS                    : 1
Gigantic                : 1
CHILL 1st Edition       : 1
War PIGs                : 1
Life Boat               : 1
Flat Top (AH)           : 1
QAG                     : 1
Dune                    : 1
Dar                     : 1

What? Me worry?

12/18/2015 5:55 pm  #89

No Warmth from the Gold
An object blazes across the Gal night sky and lands somewhere in the distant hills. The group of adventures are hired to find the object and return it to an esteemed scholar who wishes to add it to his growing collection. This simple journey to retrieve a strange object turns into a story of tragic love lost, otherworldly beings, inhuman cults and gold gleaming in the forge. 

No Warmth from the Gold is an Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea adventure for 3rd level characters which will be provided.

Thursday March 3rd   12pm to 4pm
Friday March 4th        2pm to 6pm

12/21/2015 4:16 am  #90

The Floating Monks of Malapesh
Across the Red Desert, sitting high atop a ridge in the Spiral Mountain Array, are three ancient towers and clinging to the slopes below these is the walled town of Malapesh.  Monks of varying factions and creeds rule here and woe betide those who cross them or violate their laws.  During the years of summer the town swells with pilgrims and holy men all come to seek the ancient knowledge and the power over the ironclad law of gravity itself said to be imparted by a walk amongst the towers.  You are  after rewards of a more more material nature.  From various sources you have gleaned the knowledge that the towers mark the location of great treasures of ancient Hyperborea dating from the days before the Green Death.  Will you find what you seek on your pilgrimage?   A  HYPERBOREA Adventure for 6 characters of levels 5-6.

I'm looking at running this one twice: Thursday 10-2 and Saturday 4-8
(I apologise for any conflicts - It's getting hard not to step too hard on the other HYPERBOREA Games)

Last edited by lige (12/21/2015 4:54 am)

12/21/2015 6:03 am  #91

It sounds like games will be at a premium at GC this year so conflicts may not matter!  The sessions being run by board members all sound very engaging!  According to gizmomathboy's number we have a pretty good showing thus far for ASSH.

Last edited by mabon5127 (12/21/2015 6:37 am)

While in my soul forever

12/21/2015 7:02 am  #92

That sounds brilliant, lige. I think your players are in for a treat!

12/21/2015 12:20 pm  #93

Hey Morgan, what days/times are your events?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/22/2015 3:38 pm  #94

gizmomathboy wrote:

Not sure if we want to be anal about consistent branding/naming of the Game System in the event catalog or not. You know, so we promote the goodness that is ASSH as best as we possibly can.

Did we come to a consensus (or did Jeff tell us what our consensus is) about this issue?

12/22/2015 4:19 pm  #95

Chainsaw wrote:

Here is my schedule sir!

Knives in the Dark: Thursday 10 am

The city of Khromarium has always been a haven between adventures for the selling of illicit goods, the healing of wounds, and the seeking of rare pleasures.  But the murder of a young noble’s daughter and false accusations have turned the great city into a prison. A prison that is filled with many factions seeking your capture or worse.  The list of allies you once depended on grows short with old friends looking the other way.  Seek out the truth, find those turning the city against you, and kill them.  This is a mystery and fighting adventure with roleplaying elements using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea RPG.

Snakemen on a Plain:  Friday 6pm

The Yeti came five years ago to steal the women of the Exquimaux tribes on the Plain of Leng.  The Raven Clan led the battle against the bestial horde and brought a great slaughter upon them.  Now a new menace has raised its scaled head.  Serpent like figures have been spotted in the mists, just on the fringes of the driven snow.  The tribes have seen their young ones taken for abominable purposes.  Now the bravest of the Raven Clan must answer the call for there are Snakemen on a Plain, the Plain of Leng that is your home.  This is a fighting adventure using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea RPG.

Hawk the Slayer:  In Search of a Sequel!:  Friday 10 am

Join the heroes of Hawk the Slayer; Hawk, Gort, Ranulf, Baldin, Crow, and the Sorceress, on an adventure to forge their own future!  They will not be discouraged by failed crowdfunding campaigns!  They will discover their own pathway and create their own sequel!  Decisions must be made and challenges overcome but a movie awaits! This is a fighting adventure using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea RPG.

Rise of the Violet Spider:  Thursday 6 pm

The abandoned temple of Tlakk-Nakka has been quiet for as long as your people can remember.  For years, stones have been borrowed to build hedges around your village without mishap.  Children have played at being heroes among the ruins without fear.  Yesterday a child went missing. Her playmates witnessed acrid smoke pouring from one of the ruined buildings and they became too frightened to stay.  A stalwart band is assembled to find the lost child but the greater worry is the fate that awaits your tribe from the awakened fane.  This is a mystery and fighting adventure with role-playing elements using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea RPG.

While in my soul forever

12/22/2015 6:58 pm  #96

Handy Haversack wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Did we come to a consensus (or did Jeff tell us what our consensus is) about this issue?

Well, "officially", the game is Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™, or AS&SH™. I'm unsure if Jeff wants to press the issue with Luke and the GC folks who were kind enough to add us in the first place.

12/22/2015 7:12 pm  #97

DMPrata wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Well, "officially", the game is Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™, or AS&SH™. I'm unsure if Jeff wants to press the issue with Luke and the GC folks who were kind enough to add us in the first place.

Yeah, I made the request . . . and David's spot-on. I really don't want to press the issue. I might throw it out there casually, but the best, most important thing is that we have so much fantastic representation! Thank you, fellows. This is going to be the best Gary Con yet!  

Cheers,
Jeff T.

12/23/2015 8:42 am  #98

Ghul wrote:

DMPrata wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Yeah, I made the request . . . and David's spot-on. I really don't want to press the issue. I might throw it out there casually, but the best, most important thing is that we have so much fantastic representation! Thank you, fellows. This is going to be the best Gary Con yet!  

Cheers,
Jeff T.

I'm not using the ™. I have my limits.

12/23/2015 11:13 am  #99

After much wrangling at work, looks like I will be able to make the full convention and run my event three times. I wish I weren't overlapping with some of you, but such is life. High class problem to have so many AS&SH offerings, heh! Also, if anyone wants to play, but has a conflict, my intention is to run this at least once online (G+ Hangouts, PM me) before the convention (after too if anyone wants) and also to run it at NTRPG Con in June. Thanks!

Event: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Times: Thursday 12pm-4pm, Friday 8pm-whenever, Saturday 12pm-4pm.
Description: In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and unusually frequent lightning storms. One Esquimaux fisherman even claims to have seen ghostly figures haunting the island's shores. Ariston Thalassa, an Atlantean sage in Khromarium, Hyperborea's largest city, has heard these strange tales and approached your party with a promising explanation. He believes Crystal Point may hold the ruins of a lost Atlantean colony - and its secrets! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach.
Players: An adventure for 4-6 PCs of levels 7-9.

12/23/2015 11:58 am  #100

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Here is my schedule sir!

Those sound great man. I'm leaning toward your Thurs 6PM game, if it works out. We will see!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.