!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2015 5:49 am  #1

A jaunt through the primordial gardens of Hyperborea

I must learn to do a proper write up at the end of each adventure, but I did have some pics of the Hyperborea game I set up not long ago...

The ravings of a madman who saw a vine-claimed city in his feverish dreams, spurned our intrepid heroes to delve deep into the Hyperborean jungles in search of ancient treasures... 

The party survived deadly traps and the venemous attacks of the secretive sepentfolk. They found unfamilar coins (of gold and silver,) an ensorcelled blade (whose true purpose has yet to reveal itself), some atlantean tech and a cache of scrolls in the vile language of snakemen. Greater prizes await them in the lower levels of a half submerged tomb; interred with the mummified remains of a long forgotten serpent-king. They’ll have to wrench it from his bony claws first...

11/10/2015 9:05 am  #2

Re: A jaunt through the primordial gardens of Hyperborea

Impressive stuff! Where do you get the dungeonscape?

11/11/2015 4:35 am  #3

Hi Handy Haversack, thanks for the welcome message on the introduction thread. A mixture of props went into the setup - the walls are dwarvenforge (from an earlier kickstarter), a mixture of WotC card dungeon tiles we incorporated and a vibrant assortment of terrain and foliage were sourced from my sons giant tub of dinosaurs from ToysareUs :]

11/11/2015 5:02 am  #4

From an older game when we were running LabyrinthLord (AdvancedEditionCompendium Rules). I was very much inspired by C.A.Smith, and shrines to tssathoggua started popping up more frequently in my games :]

11/11/2015 5:13 am  #5

...and pics from a couple of games where I used the lighbox from work, layered it with yellow and orange cellophane, to help create a hellish, lava-filled environment in the bowels on some slumbering volcano :]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.