!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2015 9:43 pm  #1

The Black Ruins - FREE Adventure Download

I'm proud to present my second published adventure: 'The Black Ruins'. FREE to download from Lulu, although I also have a print-on-demand version available. It would slot in very nicely with the AS&SH system, in fact when I was writing it I did have the system in mind, and the themes are hopefully reflective of the inherent Hyperborean setting. We playtested it with OD&D however, so there will be some adjustments the referee shoudl make. Enjoy!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/corey-walden/the-black-ruins/ebook/product-22150029.html

11/09/2015 5:06 am  #2

Re: The Black Ruins - FREE Adventure Download

This is brilliant thanks! Making the carrion crawler sacred to the cultists and freely swimming around in the dark pool of the cavern is rather nightmarish. thinking of running this as the introductory game before before dropping them into 'Ghost Ship of the desert dunes next month :]

11/09/2015 6:34 am  #3

You're welcome! We had a lot of fun when I first ran this. It's a pretty creepy module if it's run well

11/09/2015 7:28 pm  #4

Very cool! Thanks for your work on this free adventure, man. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/09/2015 7:30 pm  #5

That's all good. It was a quickie to put together (and produced with a $0 budget) so the product is reflective of the conditions in which it was created!  

11/10/2015 4:35 am  #6

It's a solid little adventure. Love the name of the escaped villain in the story :]

I'm a graphic designer by trade (and can illustrate) so if you ever do want it layed-out, give me a good few weeks notice and I'll happily put it together for you for free; least I can do in exchange for the great little module I now have :]

11/10/2015 3:36 pm  #7

I'm always looking for people to do layout, thanks for the offer. I'm not particularly good at it myself so I'll certainly let you know if I have anything in the pipeline.

11/11/2015 3:55 am  #8

Cheers Rastus, Definitely let me know if you need a hand.
Just give me a few weeks notice and I'll happily help out.

11/11/2015 3:13 pm  #9

Private messaged you seb.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.