!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2015 12:46 pm  #241

Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Tim!

8/10/2015 8:15 pm  #242

Welcome to the forum!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/07/2015 11:25 pm  #243

Hi guys. currently playing in two biweekly campaigns - a DCC game as well as a 5e reskinning of Castle Greyhawk. Wish I had more time available, but managing to squeeze in an AS&SH campaign that I run once a month, as well as a LL/Advanced Edition Companion adaption of Night Below for my kids which is an absolute blast. Just received my Hyperborean Adventure 3pk and am very keen to run more AS&SH (using these modules) with holidays around the corner. :]

Last edited by seb (11/07/2015 11:31 pm)

11/08/2015 4:25 am  #244

Welcome seb! Sounds like a busy gaming schedule

11/08/2015 10:59 am  #245

Thanks for joining us, seb! I look forward to hearing how your campaign goes.  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/08/2015 3:39 pm  #246

seb wrote:

Hi guys. currently playing in two biweekly campaigns - a DCC game as well as a 5e reskinning of Castle Greyhawk. Wish I had more time available, but managing to squeeze in an AS&SH campaign that I run once a month, as well as a LL/Advanced Edition Companion adaption of Night Below for my kids which is an absolute blast. Just received my Hyperborean Adventure 3pk and am very keen to run more AS&SH (using these modules) with holidays around the corner. :]

Welcome seb! I'm jealous of your gaming. Make sure to let us know how the Hyperborea games go, man. It's always fun to read write-ups in the Campaign Journal forum, no matter how brief or unpolished they may be (sometimes those are the best ones!).

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/09/2015 4:02 am  #247

Cheers Rastus, Ghul and Chainsaw. Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome guys. Looking forward sharing tales of our forays through the steaming jungles of Hyperboerea.

Pass me the pomegranate wine; alas, there go my last few pazoors....

11/10/2015 9:52 am  #248

Welcome aboard dm_soda! I had a blast playing Ghost Ship last March.

11/10/2015 11:11 am  #249

Hey, dm_soda and seb: welcome aboard.

11/10/2015 8:17 pm  #250

Hi Hyperborea

I just login today for the first time, but have been viewing the site for near half a year. I have greatly enjoyed the game which I also purchase 6 months ago via DriveThru as a PDF and it has brought back many old feelings as I 50 years of age and played the Basic Blue Book and continued into AD&D, but though I greatly enjoy AD&D, the OD&D still has a easier feeling to it.

Still, hello, I have a few major earth shattering tales to tell in the Campaign forum!

11/10/2015 8:37 pm  #251

Welcome Caveman! Can't wait to hear the tales. 

11/11/2015 3:32 am  #252

Welcome Caveman and dm_soda!

11/11/2015 7:47 am  #253

Thanks, I added my short tale and the campaign history it set in, hopefully I get a chance to add to it one day in the future!

11/11/2015 12:14 pm  #254

Welcome to everybody.  It's great to see such an influx of new members on the forum.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/11/2015 6:50 pm  #255

Thanks Blackadder, appreciate the welcome.

11/12/2015 5:57 am  #256

Indeed, thanks for the warm welcome Blackadder23 :]

11/16/2015 9:21 pm  #257

Hey there! My name is Matt and I've been gaming for something like 35 years. My two big loves are RPG's and table top wargaming. I've dabbled in a lot of different RPG systems but D&D has always been the go to game for me but, 3rd ed. was as far as I could go. I bought the AS&SH box set from Jeff about a week ago at Carnage Con. I have to say I haven't been this excited about an RPG since I was in the 5th grade battling giant toads outside the village of Hommlet! 

Last edited by DiceDuke (11/16/2015 9:30 pm)

"...only a shadowy conception of the future and of his own emotional make-up saved him from being a man without imagination, a dangerous dullard."  -the Gunslinger, The Dark Tower I

11/16/2015 10:14 pm  #258

I second that, this game seems to hold every game I have enjoyed, S&S, CoC, Stormbringer, etc. I have to tell you Jeff this game has screamed to number two on my gaming list, I a pure Conan RPG for life; but that means this game has pass Runequest, T&T, AD&D, D&D 3.5, Bushido, my favourite CoC from 1st the 6th edition, Stormbringer/Hawkmoon, LotR, One Ring, D20 Star Wars and dozens of other games I own, so well done Jeff, this game is pure magic!

Oh, aye and welcome Matt.

11/17/2015 8:35 am  #259

Welcome aboard DiceDuke! You must have purchased one of the few remaining box sets.

11/17/2015 9:21 am  #260

Since I bought AS&SH I haven't played any other game haha! Welcome home DiceDuke!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.