!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2014 11:56 pm  #1

Anyone interested in playing in a play by post?

I have a play by post adventure I was developing awhile ago and I wondered if anyone would be interested?

3/25/2014 4:30 am  #2

Re: Anyone interested in playing in a play by post?

I would be interested in that. I have never tried a play by post game before, but if you're okay with a newbie i would love to join.

Last edited by Crisippo (3/25/2014 4:30 am)

Níu man ek heima, níu íviðjur,
mjötvið mæran fyr mold neðan.
(Völuspá)
(Nine worlds I knew,the nine in the tree with mighty roots beneath the mold)
Realmsofmelpomene

3/25/2014 6:17 am  #3

Crisippo wrote:

I would be interested in that. I have never tried a play by post game before, but if you're okay with a newbie i would love to join.

I've run a few before. The hardest thing is to have a group of players unless they are online at the same time. I've tried a one player one DM and it can be okay. You end up with a bunch of NPC around you instead of player characters and I normally have a player run 2 or 3 characters. If you know anyone who wants to participate that would be fine.

I will start a thread with the game introduction and you can create some characters. You can create some 1st level characters now if you'd like while I look over my notes and create a map (I had one but I'm not sure where it had gotten to).

3/25/2014 6:24 am  #4

Ok. Given the time difference it might be difficult for me to be online at the same time as the other players, don't know how big of a problem that is?

I don't mind having NPC's around me instead of PC's though so it might not be a problem. I'll get to creating some 1st level characters shortly

Níu man ek heima, níu íviðjur,
mjötvið mæran fyr mold neðan.
(Völuspá)
(Nine worlds I knew,the nine in the tree with mighty roots beneath the mold)
Realmsofmelpomene

3/25/2014 6:48 am  #5

Crisippo wrote:

Ok. Given the time difference it might be difficult for me to be online at the same time as the other players, don't know how big of a problem that is?

I don't mind having NPC's around me instead of PC's though so it might not be a problem. I'll get to creating some 1st level characters shortly

Excellent. It can run okay as 1DM 1player but it is a different experience from group play. If you can, write up 3 characters and start with one of them. You can choose anything from the AS&SH players book, but I use a homebrew 1e AD&D for the most part. You really don't need to worry about the game rules. I will trust your dice rolls.

3/25/2014 7:53 am  #6

I'm happy to give it a shot. I've never tried PbP either. I'm on East Coast U.S. time. I'm generally around weeknights and at least online on weekdays. Weekends are hit-or-miss. But I'd like to see what Jason has up his sleeve.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.