!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2014 11:09 pm  #1

Sharath

What's the deal with Sharath? I see that it's the only landmass that touches the Black Gulf, so does it fall straight off at the edge?

What's the story on it? I know there's an obelisk located on it, but what do your campaigns have going on there?

3/24/2014 5:21 pm  #2

Re: Sharath

Not used it in my games as of yet, but FWIW reading over the Gazetteer entry now it seems like a great place to stage a climactic campaign endpoint.

I mean, the only of the Great Obelisks that rises from land makes it the place to explore for anyone seeking knowledge about the nature of the obelisks. Combine that with it being an entry point for all these monsters and aliens a vicious fight or powerful magical working seems almost natural. It has links with Azathoth as well, so i would think of Sharath as the place where the world ends (in both senses of that phrase).

Níu man ek heima, níu íviðjur,
mjötvið mæran fyr mold neðan.
(Völuspá)
(Nine worlds I knew,the nine in the tree with mighty roots beneath the mold)
Realmsofmelpomene

3/24/2014 10:40 pm  #3

Been trying to think of ideas on what to do with it. So far, no one in my campaign has the ability to get there, but I would imagine that they will get to that point.

3/25/2014 5:38 pm  #4

Hmm, these are my fears in making a low-mid level adventure on this landmass...

3/25/2014 7:56 pm  #5

Yes, it does seem to be a hostile land of the extreme sort; perhaps it is best suited for mid- to high-level adventuring, like Level Six to Level Nine? 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/25/2014 9:27 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

Yes, it does seem to be a hostile land of the extreme sort; perhaps it is best suited for mid- to high-level adventuring, like Level Six to Level Nine? 

I certainly don't think your thinking player would want to go there with fewer levels than that. There's brave, but then there's just plain crazy.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.