!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2015 8:30 pm  #1

Stonebrook

For my online campaign I'm starting I'm thinking of starting them in Stonebrook.

Here's my progress so far.

What? Me worry?

9/08/2015 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Stonebrook

Nice!

Hate those jerks on Snob Row.

9/08/2015 3:22 pm  #3

"Stonebrook, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well"

Just kidding, looks good have fun. Like the topographical map look

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

9/08/2015 8:06 pm  #4

Don't let your daughters hang out at the Drunken Tentacle. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/09/2015 8:31 am  #5

Here's the current state of Stonebrook. Still some buildings to add in the town. I also need to complete the surrounding farmland.

I decided to move the Adventurer's Guild and Bar and Grill out to the wharves area. Figuring the town wouldn't necessarily want that crowd inside the city walls. Then again, the crowd at the Drunken Tentacle is kinda rough around the edges, too. The just don't have union cards.

Here's the hex that Stonebrook is in. Not a lot of detail but mostly to give some places for the pc's to go, or not go as the case maybe.

They are currently about a day's slog into the Wasteland. Maybe I'll add in a session summary later.

Last edited by gizmomathboy (9/09/2015 8:34 am)

What? Me worry?

9/09/2015 8:41 am  #6

Scalydemon wrote:

"Stonebrook, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well"

Just kidding, looks good have fun. Like the topographical map look

Thanks.

I've been cribbing a lot of ideas from http://www.fantasticmaps.com/ and using his excellent tutorials.

I'm using Inkscape for this. I'm never quite sure how it will look until I print it out. I thought the cliff faces would look kind of dorky but they came out ok. I think I like the depth lines showing off the coastline.

This also means I have SVG files that can scale to any resolution/size, and each has lots of layers I can turn on/off if I want to show something to the players.

I want to keep everything black and white because I like it. Using a mouse and Inkscape (I do have a cheap Wacom tablet) makes it hard to do some things that are easier in pencil/ink, but I'm ok with that for now.

What? Me worry?

9/09/2015 9:02 am  #7

Looks pretty good to me.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.