!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2014 1:11 pm  #1

Minimalist Character Sheet for AS&SH

Hello everyone,

I'd like to upload an item I've mashed together for any of you who may be interested.  It's a very minimal character sheet, suitable for PC's or NPC's as you see fit.  I feel it's still functional and even a little attractive.

I don't have any problem at all with the official character sheet itself; Point of fact, I quite love it!  But, there are times when I just want something that is barely more than a sheet of college-ruled paper (as only heretics and ner'do wells use wide-ruled!).  I feel this sheet can fit the bill.

This sheet is based off of the one that Wizardawn uses over at his website (http://www.wizardawn.com/rpg/index.php) for his "Adventurer's Guild" resource, with a few modifications to make it more suitable for AS&SH.  I hope it's ok for me to go ahead and pimp his site a little, and tell you all that there is quite a wealth of good gaming resources to be had if you visit there!  He's also a pretty friendly dude, which is a bonus.

I had no idea where to post this, but after recieving permission from WD to go ahead and upload it here, I chose this sub-forum to do so.  I hope that's ok! 

So, without further ado, let's see this sheet, shall we?  \

The first sheet is the original, very minimal sheet.  The second one (labeled as 'alternate') incorporates some minor fields suggested by Morgan (notably, 'Fighting ability, Turning ability, Casting ability, and Class abilities).  Both sheets now show the correct AC progression in the 'roll needed to hit AC' table, as Jeff had pointed out that the negative numbers were first on the right.  Doh!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4sja7hah94o48f/assh%20character%20sheet.pdf 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nge6cwyrpr8g6qx/assh%20character%20sheet-alternate.pdf

I went ahead and removed the .odt's; just let me know if anyone wants them and I'll repost them.

Cheers, guys!  And happy gaming.  -Tim

Last edited by Merctime (3/26/2014 3:47 pm)

3/24/2014 2:22 pm  #2

Re: Minimalist Character Sheet for AS&SH

Thanks for posting it- downloaded

3/24/2014 2:29 pm  #3

Merctime wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to upload an item I've mashed together for any of you who may be interested.  It's a very minimal character sheet, suitable for PC's or NPC's as you see fit.  I feel it's still functional and even a little attractive.

I don't have any problem at all with the official character sheet itself; Point of fact, I quite love it!  But, there are times when I just want something that is barely more than a sheet of college-ruled paper (as only heretics and ner'do wells use wide-ruled!).  I feel this sheet can fit the bill.

This sheet is based off of the one that Wizardawn uses over at his website (http://www.wizardawn.com/rpg/index.php) for his "Adventurer's Guild" resource, with a few modifications to make it more suitable for AS&SH.  I hope it's ok for me to go ahead and pimp his site a little, and tell you all that there is quite a wealth of good gaming resources to be had if you visit there!  He's also a pretty friendly dude, which is a bonus.

I had no idea where to post this, but after recieving permission from WD to go ahead and upload it here, I chose this sub-forum to do so.  I hope that's ok! 

So, without further ado, let's see this sheet, shall we? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4sja7hah94o48f/assh%20character%20sheet.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nz82ru2tx4v664/assh%20character%20sheet.odt

The .odt is for anyone who may want to mess around with the sheet; It's in Apache Open Office format.  Just be careful, I didn't make this too well and it would be really easy to goof it up.

Cheers, guys!  And happy gaming.  -Tim

The current character sheet is very thorough but a bit overwhelming to new players.  I would like to see a simplier more graphically exciting character sheet but am too lazy / busy / limited in talent to make it myself.
On the one you created I would add a place to note FA, TA, CA, and perhaps some room for class abilities.  I like the direction you are going however.

Morgan

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/24/2014 2:39 pm  #4

mabon5127 wrote:

The current character sheet is very thorough but a bit overwhelming to new players.  I would like to see a simplier more graphically exciting character sheet but am too lazy / busy / limited in talent to make it myself.
On the one you created I would add a place to note FA, TA, CA, and perhaps some room for class abilities.  I like the direction you are going however.

Morgan

Morgan,

Thanks for the input!  While I initially decided that TA, CA, and class abilities could be listed under 'Notes', (well, I'd place CA under 'Spells'), I definitely see these as good additions.  Let me play around with it and see what I can do.  For FA, I suppose it could be listed above the 'roll to hit AC' bar thing.  Give me a few, bro... I'll see if I can whip something up.  This kinda stuff is fun, haha.

3/24/2014 5:24 pm  #5

Thanks, Merc! I had just been thinking that an abbrev. sheet for NPCs, villains, hirelings would be useful.

3/24/2014 8:31 pm  #6

Okay, the OP contains both sheets:  The original, and the sheet with Morgan's changes (listed as 'alternate').  Both sheets will now incorporate the change in the 'roll to hit ac' bar that Ghul noted.

Last edited by Merctime (3/26/2014 3:41 pm)

3/26/2014 1:56 pm  #7

Love what you've done. My nitpick is this, and maybe it's just a matter of taste, but I feel like your combat matrix is going in the wrong direction.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/26/2014 2:49 pm  #8

Ghul wrote:

Love what you've done. My nitpick is this, and maybe it's just a matter of taste, but I feel like your combat matrix is going in the wrong direction.

Hmm... I think that's probably an easy fix, with paint.  Let me see what I can do here in a few.  Thanks for the comments, also, Jeff. I'll update the original post with both sheets once that change has been made, and modify the other mid-post I made.  The OP will have both sheets now.

Last edited by Merctime (3/26/2014 3:38 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.