!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2015 11:46 pm  #1

Khromarium Climate?

So how does the weather work in Khromarium? Obviously it depends on the year in the orbital cycle, but I'm trying to find a real-world equivalent for reference.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Last edited by kslacker (6/03/2015 11:50 pm)

6/03/2015 11:49 pm  #2

Re: Khromarium Climate?

My first thought was to use Vancouver as reference point, but the Savage Boreal Coast is a more obvious equilvalent to coastal BC. I grew up in central Alberta, so I'm also inclined to use the parkland sloughs of my youth as in place of the Lug Wasteland, but that's pretty far inland compared to Khromarium, and the ocean would make a huge difference.

Last edited by kslacker (6/03/2015 11:50 pm)

6/04/2015 7:15 am  #3

Re: Khromarium Climate?

general concensus from the climate thread seemed to be that the continent is heavily controlled by the multi year weather cycle and the oceans are milder. With Khromarium being on the coast I would have it follow the cycle but to less extremes with the sea warming it in thickest winter and cooling it a little in the driest summer.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.