!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2015 5:58 am  #21

Re: HYPERBOREA ADVENTURE THREE-PACK KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE!

This is very exciting! I expected to make the goal, but not this early. It's very encouraging, and I truly appreciate all the support and encouragement.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/19/2015 7:35 am  #22

Ghul wrote:

This is very exciting! I expected to make the goal, but not this early. It's very encouraging, and I truly appreciate all the support and encouragement.

Just saw that--excellent news!

5/19/2015 4:27 pm  #23

The campaign now has more backers, as well as a larger total, than the Kickstarter for the boxed set had!  A testimony to Jeff's deserved reputation for quality and integrity.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/19/2015 4:58 pm  #24

Awesome! Glad it made the pledge goal. This Friday I will be throwing in my money once I get a couple more coppers in my pouch. Art looks great. Wish I could throw down for a print.

5/19/2015 5:19 pm  #25

Blackadder23 wrote:

The campaign now has more backers, as well as a larger total, than the Kickstarter for the boxed set had!  A testimony to Jeff's deserved reputation for quality and integrity.

Plus, I think adventures are a product that probably tends to interest mainly referees and collectors, whereas the boxed set interested players as well. So, I suspect the hardback second print could generate an even stronger response. We'll see!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/19/2015 10:35 pm  #26

Good point!  The hardcover campaign should be even more popular.

I know I want one.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/20/2015 6:04 am  #27

Good point, fellows! 

5/20/2015 3:54 pm  #28

I think there is in general a strong and growing demand for quality old school rpg products with a strong sense of character and good artistic direction. Coupled with the fact that much of the OSR seems to be winding down its publication rate if anything i suspect that future projects will be even more successful. 

5/20/2015 6:04 pm  #29

Blackadder23 wrote:

A testimony to Jeff's deserved reputation for quality and integrity.

It's been almost 2 years since I backed my last kickstarter.  

5/21/2015 5:30 am  #30

Chainsaw wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Plus, I think adventures are a product that probably tends to interest mainly referees and collectors, whereas the boxed set interested players as well. So, I suspect the hardback second print could generate an even stronger response. We'll see!

No doubt, BA23 is spot on. North Wind products have made an impression on followers of the OSR, deservedly so. Few can match the production quality, artistic value and creativity. I wasn't around for the original boxed set KS, so I'm very excited to see how the hardcover does!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/21/2015 10:19 am  #31

Sooooooo close to the first stretch goal.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/21/2015 1:18 pm  #32

...and $15,000 with first stretch goal reached.

5/22/2015 7:35 am  #33

I hadn't actually watched the video until last night. I assured Ms. Haversack that Jeff's accent is "Hyperborean."

5/22/2015 11:14 am  #34

Accent!?! What are you talking about? He doesn't have an accent!

5/22/2015 11:34 am  #35

I thought it was "Yankee".

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/22/2015 1:03 pm  #36

I thought it was New England elder gods cultist - no?

5/22/2015 2:23 pm  #37

Chainsaw wrote:

Like this?

“I dun’t keer what folks think—ef Lavinny’s boy looked like his pa, he wouldn’t look like nothin’ ye expeck. Ye needn’t think the only folks is the folks hereabaouts. Lavinny’s read some, an’ has seed some things the most o’ ye only tell abaout. I calc’late her man is as good a husban’ as ye kin find this side of Aylesbury; an’ ef ye knowed as much abaout the hills as I dew, ye wouldn’t ast no better church weddin’ nor her’n. Let me tell ye suthin’—some day yew folks’ll hear a child o’ Lavinny’s a-callin’ its father’s name on the top o’ Sentinel Hill!” (HPL, "The Dunwich Horror")

You know, that really doesn't sound that different from "backwoods West Virginia elder gods cultist"*.  Maybe Lovecraft was onto something when he suggested a widespread conspiracy!

* - As I am painfully aware, assuming the cast of Buckwild counts as "elder god cultists"**.

** - They totally do.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/22/2015 4:27 pm  #38

The_Great_Lestrade wrote:

I think there is in general a strong and growing demand for quality old school rpg products with a strong sense of character and good artistic direction. Coupled with the fact that much of the OSR seems to be winding down its publication rate if anything i suspect that future projects will be even more successful. 

Yeah, yet another "book" with re-treaded rangers, monks, and thief-acrbats, for <insert OSR system> has gotten plain old boring.

5/22/2015 8:47 pm  #39

Blackadder23 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Like this?

“I dun’t keer what folks think—ef Lavinny’s boy looked like his pa, he wouldn’t look like nothin’ ye expeck. Ye needn’t think the only folks is the folks hereabaouts. Lavinny’s read some, an’ has seed some things the most o’ ye only tell abaout. I calc’late her man is as good a husban’ as ye kin find this side of Aylesbury; an’ ef ye knowed as much abaout the hills as I dew, ye wouldn’t ast no better church weddin’ nor her’n. Let me tell ye suthin’—some day yew folks’ll hear a child o’ Lavinny’s a-callin’ its father’s name on the top o’ Sentinel Hill!” (HPL, "The Dunwich Horror").

Ha! Yeah, some of Lovecraft's dialogue could be painful to read.

5/23/2015 2:27 pm  #40

My favorite part is that Wizard Whateley describes Yog Sothoth as "as good a husband as you can find this side of Aylesbury".  It's the last four words that really sell it.  Too funny!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.