!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 7:21 pm  #201

Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Dave. Your old band sounds fun, any youtube clips floating about?

It's hard enough finding quality players in Seattle WA, I can't imagine VT. Google + is an option some choose for games.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

3/12/2015 5:34 pm  #202

Boy Dave, when you come back to posting in forums, you are everywhere! :D
Good to see you man,
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

3/12/2015 6:33 pm  #203

Hey Ron! You know we tend to like the same places... I'm probably going to be showing up on the PbP board soon too...

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Mr. Redmond is correct, I have been a lot more active on the forums than I have in years. There have been a number of changing elements of my life that are giving me more free time than previously - and I've chosen to do something I always meant to do, start contributing to the OSR community - at some level of publishing, concentrating on setting work and adventures. With summers off nowadays, I have time to reflect on stuff and I'm trying to get my awareness of the whole scene into sharper focus. It doesn't hurt that there are so many great games coming out which really inspires my often-whack muse.

My old band, Arkham Hollow, is preserved for perpetuity's sake on reverbnation (thanks for asking and please forgive the imperfectness - we did most of this live in a studio, one take. These weren't the most Lovecraftian originals, but you'll get the idea) - reverbnation.com/grimmpickins

Glad to be here... and if there is anything going on in the NE for AS&SH (or any OSR) give me a shout. I'll drive to a way to play!

Gynsburghe

3/13/2015 6:22 pm  #204

Gynsburghe wrote:

Hey Ron! You know we tend to like the same places... I'm probably going to be showing up on the PbP board soon too...

Gynsburghe

Heh. You are always welcome over at Unseen Servant! I think we have an AS&SH PbP game going over there now. Plus I'm just starting up a G1 Hill Giant Steading 1E game for players who haven't played it, or haven't played it in a long time over there. Good times!
Always good to see you!

4/26/2015 1:32 am  #205

Hello Everyone! I've met some at this last GaryCon, a few prior. I'm currently immersed in Playing at the World [Jon Peterson] (tx m), so from the beginning...I learned Chess ~'79-'81; Risk, Fortress America, Axis & Allies ~'83-'90; amoungst the many and prevalent games of the day. Even though I get the hankering for a quick and fast/start and finish in a night type game, sometime around '84-86 i got my hands on these head-to-head choose-your-own-adventure books! There was at least three sets: one was an Oreint Adventure, another was Nehwon with another set being pretty straight AD&D Druid vs MU. In the each set of two books would be a matrix that each reader/PC would pick a # 1-20, then cross reference for a typical result...those few, simple yet brilliant books were my gateway eventually leading to AD&D, Top Secret, Car Wars, Star Wars, Marvel, DC Heroes, RIFTS/Robotech, Battlemech, Warhammer, Paranoia, Champions, Cyber Punk, Shadowrun, Stormbringer, AS&SH and I'm sure a dozen or two more...

...then one night in '97-'98, I made Michael play Fantasy Hero instead of drinking thus the scales of slow oblivion shed from his eyes to reveal a land rich in the Balance of Booze, Woman and Nerds...

kevin

Last edited by Monkeydono (4/26/2015 11:20 pm)

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

4/26/2015 2:58 am  #206

Welcome Monkeydono!

4/26/2015 5:37 am  #207

Great meeting you at Gary Con, Kevin, and good seeing you on the forum (fun story too!). Welcome aboard!

- Donovan

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/26/2015 6:53 am  #208

Welcome, Monkeydono!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/26/2015 7:17 am  #209

Welcome Monkeydono...You've joined at an exciting time in Hyperborea...

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

4/26/2015 8:34 am  #210

mavfire wrote:

And as you can see by his avatar, mavfire is not monkeying around. 

4/26/2015 10:15 am  #211

Welcome aboard,  Monkeydono!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

4/26/2015 9:28 pm  #212

Monkeydono wrote:

...then one night in '97-'98, I made Michael play Fantasy Hero instead of drinking thus the scales of slow oblivion shed from his eyes to reveal a land rich in the Balance of Booze, Woman and Nerds...

Yeah. Though it made me the man--and DM!--I am today!

4/27/2015 9:39 am  #213

Monkeydono wrote:

...then one night in '97-'98, I made Michael play Fantasy Hero instead of drinking thus the scales of slow oblivion shed from his eyes to reveal a land rich in the Balance of Booze, Woman and Nerds..

This was my game of choice for 30 years.  Then there was ASSH.  There were others that got some love but none like these two.  Welcome BTW!

Morgan

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/28/2015 11:55 am  #214

Welcome Monkeydono!

Ghul wrote:

mavfire wrote:

And as you can see by his avatar, mavfire is not monkeying around. 

Last edited by rredmond (4/28/2015 11:55 am)

4/28/2015 12:40 pm  #215

thanks guys! I haven't been this excited about gaming in years, maybe decades! 

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

4/28/2015 1:21 pm  #216

Monkeydono wrote:

thanks guys! I haven't been this excited about gaming in years, maybe decades! 

That's so nice to hear. I set out to write a game and setting that I would enjoy running for my old gaming buddies. While planning to publish it, I often wondered whether anyone outside of my small group would ever like it enough to play it. It still surprises and delights me when I hear these sort of kind sentiments. I don't take it for granted.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

6/06/2015 4:00 pm  #217

Hi everybody! I'm Frédéric Lacroix, french guy from the Québec province in canada.  I've been playing rpg for the past 25 years starting with AD&D.  I'm executive chef for a restaurant here an I don't have much time for rpg but I managed to put together a bunch of my old friends to play!  I recently bought everything I could with the AS&SH brand on it. I've even managed to hunt down the ASF magazine and I'll try to order them. I have no problem spending that kind of money for a role playing game of such quality, especially if it mean it's gonna help down the road to put out more product (Like a full art gm screen hahaha). Just waiting for Jeff to come back from North Texas Con so he can ship the box set 

See you around the forum guys!

Last edited by Mortificateur (6/06/2015 4:01 pm)

6/06/2015 5:24 pm  #218

Welcome Mortificateur!
I think most of the folks on this board are all at NTRPG, lucky bastards, I'm sure they'll check in soon.
Enjoy!
--Ron--

6/06/2015 5:45 pm  #219

Welcome Frederic!

6/07/2015 9:36 am  #220

Welcome aboard!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.