!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2015 11:36 am  #1

Many Gates of the Gann

Has anyone run this in Hyperborea? I read it over a year ago, before our AS&SH game got going, but it seems like it would transition fairly seamlessly. Chainsaw, I saw on DF that you ran it briefly. Was that before AS&SH? Did you ever go back to it?

Thinking about tossing it in the mix near Larchmere Yys, Crystal Lake, Vorhies, etc.

3/05/2015 9:45 pm  #2

Re: Many Gates of the Gann

Handy Haversack wrote:

Has anyone run this in Hyperborea? I read it over a year ago, before our AS&SH game got going, but it seems like it would transition fairly seamlessly. Chainsaw, I saw on DF that you ran it briefly. Was that before AS&SH? Did you ever go back to it?

I ran it in my AD&D campaign a few years ago, but botched something early on and wiped out half the crew, basically crippling them. To their credit, they marched forward anyway and fought a few more battles before having to haul ass. We actually had a lot of fun that session and laughed about the carnage whenever Gann came up, but they never went back, sadly.

Anyway, I think Gann could fit Hyperborea really well, but I would probably change a few minor things, like maybe switching out the gnolls for vhuurmis or something. Little tweaks like that. Nothing too major. Of course, I haven't given the module a good read in a couple of years either.

We ought to get Guy on here to give us his perspective. Let me reach out to him.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.