!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2015 5:04 pm  #61

Re: The Next Three Modules

LOL, that's what I thought you would say, about the rules modifications I mean.
What I will do is adopt the vitality system (it seems to lend a bit of 'realism' for me, it just makes sense) and keep the random roll but give several depending on INT. There are a couple of other small things but you would definitely recognize your game at my table.
Oh, one serious request for a rules addition...traps.

3/04/2015 5:11 pm  #62

Jeff, I sold off an RPG book in my collection so I can fund the modules Kickstarter. Yes, I'm motivated. Just take my money already.  

3/04/2015 5:13 pm  #63

famouswolf wrote:

LOL, that's what I thought you would say, about the rules modifications I mean.
What I will do is adopt the vitality system (it seems to lend a bit of 'realism' for me, it just makes sense) and keep the random roll but give several depending on INT. There are a couple of other small things but you would definitely recognize your game at my table.
Oh, one serious request for a rules addition...traps.

Now that's something we could talk about. Adding examples of traps could make for an interesting addition to the referee's portion of the game. That's not CHANGING the rules; it's light expansion.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/04/2015 5:15 pm  #64

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Jeff, I sold off an RPG book in my collection so I can fund the modules Kickstarter. Yes, I'm motivated. Just take my money already.  

Excellent! It will happen, I promise! I just got a bunch of new pictures from John Bingham, too, so in a way, I'm happy I didn't launch yet, because now we've got more to show off!

3/04/2015 5:46 pm  #65

I might have one or two ideas for traps.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/04/2015 6:02 pm  #66

Ghul wrote:

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Excellent! It will happen, I promise! I just got a bunch of new pictures from John Bingham, too, so in a way, I'm happy I didn't launch yet, because now we've got more to show off!

Nice!

3/04/2015 6:13 pm  #67

Don't we all.
The best write up of traps I have seen (and I have seen many) was in an unlikely source. Have you ever looked at the light rpg Zenobia, free on-line? It's a fictional 'historic' rpg set in or around 260 AD about the city state Palmyra and Queen Zenobia. It's one of those settings that would go with the ASSH rules like white on rice. The discussion of traps goes into details about triggers, types, how to combine traps, etc. Worth a look for even the most jaded of GMs, I picked up some good hints and I've been at this...longer than I want to admit.

4/06/2015 7:54 am  #68

I hope I didn't miss the kickstarter campaign!

4/06/2015 8:26 am  #69

Barnett1967 wrote:

I hope I didn't miss the kickstarter campaign!

I'm sure Ghul can tell you more, but no, you have not missed the Kickstarter.

4/06/2015 5:55 pm  #70

I've sketched out every pledge level for the campaign. I'm working on the graphics for the KS page, and I've scripted the things I want to touch on in the video, but I have not filmed it yet. Meantime, more interior art is being completed. It's going to be excellent!

4/06/2015 6:22 pm  #71

It is going to be excellent.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/07/2015 9:10 am  #72

You guys know the old saying: "good things come to those with an axe."

Is that how it goes?

I can't imagine the number of tasks Jeff is juggling right now, not only all the prep for the kickstarter but real life as well. And yes, it will be excellent!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

4/07/2015 10:45 am  #73

joseph wrote:

Is that how it goes?

I can't imagine the number of tasks Jeff is juggling right now, not only all the prep for the kickstarter but real life as well. And yes, it will be excellent!

You're saying we should toss an axe into the mix for him, right? I like it--edgy, in-your-face--just what the modern gaming world demands!

4/07/2015 12:24 pm  #74

joseph wrote:

Is that how it goes?

I really freakin' hope so.

4/07/2015 4:31 pm  #75

francisca wrote:

joseph wrote:

Is that how it goes?

I really freakin' hope so.

I see you're already way ahead of the game. 

4/08/2015 11:52 am  #76

Totally stoked to get my hands on these adventures! Can't wait!

4/09/2015 3:33 pm  #77

Agricola wrote:

Totally stoked to get my hands on these adventures! Can't wait!

Your enthusiasm is appreciated; likewise, your patience, as I know you've been asking about Ghost Ship for a long time. Thank you so much!  

4/09/2015 5:00 pm  #78

Ghost Ship is well worth the wait!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/10/2015 10:15 am  #79

You're kilin' me. Slowly; like an Esquimax Kthulu worshipper whom escaped slavery from the Isle of Ix!

4/10/2015 4:47 pm  #80

Agricola wrote:

You're kilin' me. Slowly; like an Esquimax Kthulu worshipper whom escaped slavery from the Isle of Ix!

All in all, not a bad way to go.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.