!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2015 10:13 pm  #1

TOTALCON 2015

DMPrata and I will be attending TotalCon 2015, February 19-22.

I will be running Beneath the Comet on Thursday night, Mystery at Port Greely on Friday night, and Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess on Saturday night.

I'm also listed as an "Industry Guest," which is a nice thing.

http://www.totalcon.com/index.html

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/25/2015 10:21 pm  #2

Re: TOTALCON 2015

Cool! Take a few pics for us.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/26/2015 1:14 am  #3

Yup, pics or it didn't happen

Lots of old school buzz on google+ and DF for this CON. Sounds like a good time, and from what I hear the old school games being run at this CON are filling up fast. A good sign for our planned future take-over by the old school gaming militia movement..ha ha have fun

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

1/28/2015 8:25 pm  #4

Hey Guys,
I will be leaving Washington and heading back to my old stomping grounds in California, Feb 12-15th. I will be going to DunDraCon in San Ramon that weekend and would love to meet up with anyone who plays AS&SH, Conan or anything similiar. Drop me an email so we can meet up at the con. ericrodriguez123@comcast.net

1/28/2015 8:34 pm  #5

Have fun! What does being an 'industry guest' entail? 

1/28/2015 9:43 pm  #6

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Free food! Special swag bag! 

2/07/2015 12:19 am  #7

Jeff will you have any product for sale with you?

2/07/2015 2:50 pm  #8

k2h2m3 wrote:

Jeff will you have any product for sale with you?

Nothing you don't already have, my friend.

2/07/2015 3:03 pm  #9

While I expected that,I should have asked directly if you will have players books.

2/24/2015 8:30 am  #10

How did it go, New Englanders? Everyone make it through the snow?

2/24/2015 10:44 am  #11

Handy Haversack wrote:

How did it go, New Englanders? Everyone make it through the snow?

Yeah, everything go OK?

I am thinking about attending next year. I could easily do a work trip in the preceding day or two and there get free airfare. How big is it? What's the game mix/focus? What's the venue like? Framing it up against Gary Con and NTRPG Con might be helpful.

2/24/2015 4:45 pm  #12

More comparable to Gary Con for attendance, but the guests are more on the indie side of gaming. For example, the big one this year was Mike Pondsmith. OSR is pretty notable (Kask and Mentzer are regulars), but it's not the focus; rather, there are many games, many systems to pick from. Of course there is the 5e and PF presence, but you can find a lot of other stuff, too. I think it's a great con, and I think you'd have a great time if you could swing it, Chainsaw.

2/24/2015 8:47 pm  #13

Ghul wrote:

More comparable to Gary Con for attendance, but the guests are more on the indie side of gaming. For example, the big one this year was Mike Pondsmith. OSR is pretty notable (Kask and Mentzer are regulars), but it's not the focus; rather, there are many games, many systems to pick from. Of course there is the 5e and PF presence, but you can find a lot of other stuff, too. I think it's a great con, and I think you'd have a great time if you could swing it, Chainsaw.

Sounds interesting. I travel to Boston 2-3 times a year, so maybe I can swing a work trip around the same time and schedule my return for Sunday so that I can go to the convention Fridy and Saturday or something. Will keep it in mind!

2/24/2015 11:25 pm  #14

Ghul wrote:

Rastus_Burne wrote:

Free food! Special swag bag! 

Both great things!

2/25/2015 12:08 am  #15

Saturday is the busier of the two days. At least it has been for the last seven years imo.

2/25/2015 8:53 am  #16

It's not too far a drive from NYC--just past Providence. I could stop off at Fellini . . .

I will think about for next year, too!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.