!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2015 4:41 am  #1

Vikings & Kelts

This one is public domain, but I'm uncertain of the artist. It's pretty fitting for a Hyperborean flavour in my opinion.

This one isn't public domain. It strikes me as very Keltic; those residing along the eastern coast. Otherwise I could imagine travellers/residents of Khromarium or Swampgate appearing thus. 

2/22/2015 8:51 am  #2

Re: Vikings & Kelts

Those are both great, man. I feel like taping them in my books somewhere! Who are the artists, any idea?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/22/2015 2:55 pm  #3

I'm not sure actually. I'll try to find out though, and let you know if I discover anything!

2/22/2015 4:18 pm  #4

The first public domain piece is by Oscar Wergeland (1909). The second is from a fanmade production: Warhammer Norse. I couldn't find the original artist unfortunately. 

I find this one evocative too. It's called 'A Viking Foray' by Guerber, H. A. (Hélène Adeline) also in 1909, from the same work Myths of the Norsemen from the Eddas and Sagas. 

Last edited by Rastus_Burne (2/22/2015 4:19 pm)

2/22/2015 4:44 pm  #5

A couple of others:

Khromarium under siege?

The top two are under public domain. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.