!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2015 9:14 pm  #81

Re: Gary Con VII (2015)

Ghul wrote:

Find games run by Taco Jon, Francisca, and Grodog, too, if they are not sold out. Those guys are great.

Francisca and Grodog games I believe all sold out.

Taco Jon I believe has seats left in one game.

2/08/2015 12:12 am  #82

stahlnee1 wrote:

Which event is that?

2/08/2015 2:55 am  #83

Here is the complete text from the event listing (in case it hard to get to)Maure Castle - High Level Delve  Event ID:  319502 DM Name:  Jon Hershberger Game system:  AD&D (First Edition) Game Type:  Role-Playing Game Duration:  5 hours Start Time:  Saturday-7:00pm Maximum Players:  8 Tickets Left:  6 Description:  Maure Castle is one of the seminal Castles from the early days of the hobby and the one-time home of the powerful and influential Maure family. This adventure locale offers much for the bold adventuring party. Characters have the option to either seek out the strange collection of Maure family statuary or other dark mysteries held on the fabled Statuary Level, or to seek out valuable artifacts such as Sir Robilar's Dragon Ring of Lynn, the Ruby Robe of Spell Warding, or the Codex of Dead Names from the Chambers of Antiquities Level.

High-level pregens provided. Event Cost (GP):  0 Points Event Cost (SP):  3 Points Date Added :  01/02/2015 Table Number:  Unassigned

2/08/2015 7:21 pm  #84

Iron Ranger Helm off to Chainsaw!

2/08/2015 7:33 pm  #85

stahlnee1 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Find games run by Taco Jon, Francisca, and Grodog, too, if they are not sold out. Those guys are great.

I am truly humbled that my game sold out quickly (at all, actually)  I was able to see the list of attendees, and what is even more humbling is that most of them are returnees from last year, or people I have played with before.

2/08/2015 7:34 pm  #86

Iron Ranger wrote:

Iron Ranger Helm off to Chainsaw!

Heh, thanks! I'm used to off being preceded by a different word...   

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/08/2015 8:17 pm  #87

francisca wrote:

stahlnee1 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

I am truly humbled that my game sold out quickly (at all, actually)  I was able to see the list of attendees, and what is even more humbling is that most of them are returnees from last year, or people I have played with before.

Your awesome DMing speaks for itself, Rich! Dudes were stopping by my booth who played in your game, and they had high praise, and if I recall, one turned into a sale, so thank you, sir!

Last edited by Ghul (2/08/2015 8:17 pm)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/08/2015 10:06 pm  #88

francisca wrote:

Dude with your crazy schedule I need to travel hundreds of miles to die in your games now. :-)

What? Me worry?

2/09/2015 12:45 pm  #89

gizmomathboy wrote:

Dude with your crazy schedule I need to travel hundreds of miles to die in your games now. :-)

<evil warlord voice>INDEED YOU SHALL.</ewv>

2/09/2015 6:28 pm  #90

francisca wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

<evil warlord voice>INDEED YOU SHALL.</ewv>

I was looking forward to the same thing, but alas.

Yeah, I can't say I'm impressed by how the GaryCon registration worked. The opposite. I thought that only around 700 people were coming in total. I guess word of your skills precedes you, Jeff and Rich!

2/09/2015 8:31 pm  #91

There's always Texas!

2/10/2015 11:09 pm  #92

Well, I don't know who was fool enough to do it, but someone dropped his/her ticket to Jeff's game Fri. night just as I happened to check, and I was able to grab it! Sacrifices were made. I had to drop Mike Mornard's OD&D game, but I made the tough call and did what had to be done.

Now, this Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess: I assume it's a fairly safe place?

2/11/2015 4:43 am  #93

Handy Haversack wrote:

Well, I don't know who was fool enough to do it, but someone dropped his/her ticket to Jeff's game Fri. night just as I happened to check, and I was able to grab it! Sacrifices were made. I had to drop Mike Mornard's OD&D game, but I made the tough call and did what had to be done.

I'm so jealous of you in this moment.

Handy Haversack wrote:

Now, this Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess: I assume it's a fairly safe place?

And then I began laughing. I can imagine a naive adventurer poking his head in the doorway..."anyone home?".

Last edited by Rastus_Burne (2/11/2015 4:43 am)

2/11/2015 9:13 am  #94

Handy Haversack wrote:

If I make it back I'll let you know.

What? Me worry?

2/11/2015 1:57 pm  #95

Handy Haversack wrote:

Congrats Handy!! 

2/11/2015 5:04 pm  #96

Handy Haversack wrote:

Safe? It depends on who is visiting... hope you enjoy it, Handy!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

2/11/2015 5:43 pm  #97

joseph wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Safe? It depends on who is visiting... hope you enjoy it, Handy!

Thanks, all. It's going to be a good time! Lots of good pickup games in addition to the scheduled stuff--but I'm glad to have lucked into a seat.

I assume a lifetime of gaming has prepared me to meet my charcter's end with dignity. Screaming, wailing, runing away, boiling-hot dignity!

2/11/2015 7:18 pm  #98

Great news, Handy! Looking forward to gaming with you.

Cheers,
Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/12/2015 8:00 am  #99

I'm the one who dropped the ticket to Jeff's Friday night game. I was busy registration night so my wife offered to sign me up for games if I left a list. While everyone one else was struggling, she somehow managed to get me into all of my top choices, including some things that overlapped.

So, yes, I dropped Friday night, but only because I also had a ticket for Jeff's Thursday night game.

I'm glad someone from the list snatched it up.

Chris J.

2/12/2015 9:22 am  #100

Glad you will be there again, Chris. I'll make sure to say hi if I see you.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.