!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2014 12:17 am  #1

The Island of Doctor Skullface - free pdf - Now Available

Last year (I think it was) I offered up a free pdf around Christmas.
This year I wanted to do the same, so I have been writing a short adventure that I hope to have available to send to any who want it for free on or about New Years.

It is called 'The Island of Doctor Skullface' and I am statting it for B/X but could be converted easily enough to AS&SH if you like it and want to.

Here is the map I made for it

Last edited by Scalydemon (12/28/2014 7:04 pm)

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

12/28/2014 7:04 pm  #2

Re: The Island of Doctor Skullface - free pdf - Now Available

Hi,

Seasons greetings, Once again this year - I wanted to offer up a free pdf of an adventure to anyone interested. I don't know how to do dropbox - or similar - but if you PM me your email address I will send you a copy of the adventure free up until 1/12/15. A Sword & Sorcery style adventure written for the B/X rulesystem, for a mixed party levels 5-8. It is short, but hope you enjoy. Thanks 8D

The Island of Doctor Skullface

By Scott Moberly

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

12/29/2014 12:39 pm  #3

Sounds great!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/30/2014 9:13 am  #4

Goof times, pm incoming!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

12/30/2014 10:52 am  #5

I advertised this in a few places and have now sent it to over 60 people that requested it.

It's really just a one shot adventure -as written - but has the framework for a DM to easily expand it for further purposes. I hope that people who read it like the flavor of it or something about it at least.

There is a guy that says he is going to review it, presumably on a blog. Sort of makes me wish I put a bit more time into making it longer. Ah well, hope everyone is having a good Holiday season. Game On!

12/31/2014 4:37 pm  #6

I was psyched to get it! The first change for Hyperborea, of course, is lowering the temperature!

Thanks, Scaly!

12/31/2014 6:30 pm  #7

I have heard from a few people that say they are going to actually run it for their home groups. That is exciting to me. I must get excited easily nowdays

1/01/2015 12:26 pm  #8

What a nice gesture!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

1/13/2015 9:27 pm  #9

This little dealy has ended now, but thanks to everyone that requested it and took a look. I ended up sending it to about 130 people, which I thought was pretty cool.

I have plans to expand upon it and make it into a more compleat adventure and include it in the pages of AFS fanzine #7 - for those that read it and liked the flavour...thanks

1/14/2015 7:29 am  #10

Very cool--what's the time frame for AFS 7?

1/14/2015 6:41 pm  #11

Send it to me! jpt@swordsmen-and-sorcerersDOTCOM

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/14/2015 8:16 pm  #12

Jeff, just popped this over to you

Handy - seems like the zine comes out bi-annually - so would be looking at a potential June 2015 deadline.
My focus in the more immediate future is trying to get a stack of back issues re printed to send to the good folks at Black blade to have avail at GaryCON . I am also hoping to print a quantity of extras for the back issues to have available generally for people to be able to order. Need to have this done in February

Thanks!

1/17/2015 10:48 pm  #13

Scott,
I can't wait for you to get the reprints so I can establish my collection. 

1/18/2015 3:02 am  #14

Will wrote:

Scott,
I can't wait for you to get the reprints so I can establish my collection.

Thanks Will! You are a source of inspiration for me getting this done.

I don't want to come across like I need more 'whine with my cheese' but funny story on one reason I have not gotten back issues printed yet. I have been sort of 'blackballed' from a local Staples and Office Max. I show up with my flash drive and need all this stuff printed on different color cardstock and some of it cropped different ways etc. and the employees get annoyed or some of them don't have the tech capabilities for it. These places are super busy and they all hate me now when I show up. I tie them up for an hour. I guess that's the main hurdle, the rest is I have a 2 year old and work full time as does my wife and she also goes to night school so I am mainly responsible for watching my kid on a frequent basis (which I enjoy). Large blocks of free time are rare. The copies I have to get done of the inside of the zine I have to go to a different copy place for as it is cheaper (so I don't actually lose money on this deal), and sometimes the pages jam which sucks when they have to be in exact sequence. The actual production of the issues when I get all the copies done is another piece of it.

Please don't take this as any form of complaint, I love the magazine and get enjoyment out of every single copy I send out of the post office here.

Anyways, I am done whining ha ha , thanks for your support and I will get these out soon

1/18/2015 6:43 pm  #15

I appreciate the work you do and might just be persuaded to contribute something REH'ish if you have the room!

Best,

Eric in Maple Valley

1/26/2015 8:09 pm  #16

Scott,
Have you got a Fedex Kinko's available?

1/28/2015 12:41 am  #17

Will wrote:

Scott,
Have you got a Fedex Kinko's available?

Yes, sort of close.

I do have a new plan for doing these reprints in February to have avail in March

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.