!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2024 2:25 pm  #7241

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin takes the axe and the knife and starts to fashion some crude wooden spoons for the party.

9/18/2024 7:09 pm  #7242

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"We should move the meat somewhere where it can stay frozen, the cooked food may stay good for a little while or we could freeze it again.
Once our bellies are full  we must stock up on firewood.
If there is time we should investigate the wooden stairs and if they serve no purpose, also use them for firewood.

Kéet nods between mouthfuls, reaches over for one of the partially eaten hindquarters, after living off of pre-chewed food for a month he aint shy about that, and heads to the stairs. He'll see where they go and if he sees nothing interesting or urgent, he'll go back to the table and take an axe to the bigger pieces to make them more manageable for the fire.

It is immortality of a sort.

9/18/2024 7:15 pm  #7243

He pause in hope that the others may share their stories of why they are here in this foul ruined temple of Helios..

"I'm from the Savage Boreal Coast originally. My family got sick of the fighting, but I think my father got in trouble with one of the village warlords, so we relocated to Khromarium when I was still a young child. Then I tried to run a job for ole Tull Kamtose which pissed off The Commodities Guild so I joined up with a company and came here to investigate this place. And it turned out just swell as you can see."

9/18/2024 9:43 pm  #7244

Votin, intent on his woodcarving, doesn't look up...

"My clan is far from here but the stars and the spirits guide me.

I have not gazed at the stars for some time to tell me where I am.

My clan's spirit animal is the wolf but these wolves we eat, I know them not.

My family was either killed or captured by the beastmen and I was on their trail and wound up here. It seems forever ago.

When we find the witch, I will make her tell me what I need to know."

Votin hands out wooden spoons to his comrades.

"After we investigate the stairs, I must meditate with the spirits.

Strange that I could not communicate with them when I was away.

Unfortunately I have not the tools to make bowls."

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (9/18/2024 9:46 pm)

9/19/2024 4:14 am  #7245

"So, this is you fist time here in this region Master Kéet?" Asks Narrhil. He takes the newly crafted spoon from Votin with a nod of appreciation.

Narrhil nods in sympathy, barbarians did not bow to weaken, "may you find you revenge Sir Votin!" He said sincerely.

[Being from Khromarium, would Narrhil need to make a roll to determine if he had heard of Tull Kamtose].

9/19/2024 8:10 am  #7246

Caveman wrote:

"So, this is you fist time here in this region Master Kéet?" Asks Narrhil. He takes the newly crafted spoon from Votin with a nod of appreciation.

Narrhil nods in sympathy, barbarians did not bow to weaken, "may you find you revenge Sir Votin!" He said sincerely.

[Being from Khromarium, would Narrhil need to make a roll to determine if he had heard of Tull Kamtose].

[Ok. Though not in the ruleset, make test of Intelligence.]

9/19/2024 8:16 am  #7247

[Both Keet and Votin mention checking stairs. I assume you mean the rickety wooden stair construction outside in the courtyard?  When do you plan on doing this? Alone or with full group?]

The food comes more than welcome, and all stay close to the flames under the kettle, Narrhil especially, having gotten used to not feeling the sting of the bitter cold against his skin of late. 

9/19/2024 8:40 am  #7248

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Both Keet and Votin mention checking stairs. I assume you mean the rickety wooden stair construction outside in the courtyard?  When do you plan on doing this? Alone or with full group?]

[ yes ]

9/19/2024 8:44 am  #7249

"When we are finished with our sumptuous feast let us check out the stairs."

[unless there are other plans?]

9/19/2024 10:15 am  #7250

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil Morrtos: Test of Intelligence: rolls d6 = 3

Last edited by Caveman (9/19/2024 10:16 am)

9/19/2024 10:38 am  #7251

Iron Ranger wrote:

The food comes more than welcome, and all stay close to the flames under the kettle, Narrhil especially, having gotten used to not feeling the sting of the bitter cold against his skin of late. 

Once Tillak eats the gruel, Narrhil takes his turn... "I must mention that me learning this continual light spell is of great importance, if I not learn it, we will be walking in darkness within a few hours. We must keep this fire lit and we need someone to tend it!"

Once finished, he stores the bone spoon and bowl in his pack. He had found it, therefore he claims it, he packs the cleric scrolls and the other items he had taken from the two backpack to whence they had came from. Returning the newly found backpack to Votin, though he does keep the quill and what he presumes is a vial of ink.

The wand had still shown magical, he would be careful with it, it might be flawed; after being clamped in the teeth of the talking wolf. He examined it for bite marks. His magical ring was still magical but he wondered if his freezing hands were nullifying its powers.

[I presume there is a fir forest nearby? A place to collect wood].

9/19/2024 11:07 am  #7252

Caveman wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil Morrtos: Test of Intelligence: rolls d6 = 3

He has heard the name, but knows little else.

9/19/2024 11:10 am  #7253

Caveman wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Once Tillak eats the gruel, Narrhil takes his turn... "I must mention that me learning this continual light spell is of great importance, if I not learn it, we will be walking in darkness within a few hours. We must keep this fire lit and we need someone to tend it!"

Once finished, he stores the bone spoon and bowl in his pack. He had found it, therefore he claims it, he packs the cleric scrolls and the other items he had taken from the two backpack to whence they had came from. Returning the newly found backpack to Votin, though he does keep the quill and what he presumes is a vial of ink.

The wand had still shown magical, he would be careful with it, it might be flawed; after being clamped in the teeth of the talking wolf. He examined it for bite marks. His magical ring was still magical but he wondered if his freezing hands were nullifying its powers.

[I presume there is a fir forest nearby? A place to collect wood].

Tillak has never had any gruel.
bowl one thrown to floor by Votin
bowl 2 eaten by votin
bowl 3 eaten by Keet
Narrhil creates a fourth bowlful and eats it.

9/19/2024 5:44 pm  #7254

Iron Ranger wrote:

We can do it together.

9/19/2024 5:49 pm  #7255

Caveman wrote:

"So, this is you fist time here in this region Master Kéet?".

"Yes. The lure of treasure spurred us here. I suppose if I don't find something with you guys I guess losing my companions would be all for nothing."

[Does Keét know what happened to the bodies?]

Last edited by eakratz (9/19/2024 5:57 pm)

9/19/2024 7:05 pm  #7256

eakratz wrote:

Caveman wrote:

"So, this is you fist time here in this region Master Kéet?".

"Yes. The lure of treasure spurred us here. I suppose if I don't find something with you guys I guess losing my companions would be all for nothing."

[Does Keét know what happened to the bodies?]

[Remembering weeks of pre-chewed hide...he may not want to know...]

9/19/2024 7:33 pm  #7257

[ After Tilliak eats we can go explore the stairs..How do we track time? ]

9/19/2024 7:34 pm  #7258

"Do most of the animals around here hibernate for the Dark Year?"

9/19/2024 8:01 pm  #7259

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ After Tilliak eats we can go explore the stairs..How do we track time? ]

[ We probably should wait until Narrhil learns his spell ]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (9/19/2024 8:02 pm)

9/20/2024 2:30 am  #7260

[Narrhil has just slept, learned his spells, got to L3 due to magical spoon XP, etc. and got C.L. spell, how should he memories it, did he get enough sleep...? and I just need to study tome, or should he rest again?].

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.