!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2024 6:28 pm  #7141

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin collapses, but only after he has splintered the table and frozen carcass into sizable pieces.

9/02/2024 4:57 am  #7142

"Quickly lets, start cooking the meat," says Narrhil hastily. He starts filling the pot with snow, to first give Votin a drink of the melted water, then make a strew.

Before he starts, he quickly shoves the torch up the chimney, one to see if there is anything interesting there, and two to make sure the chimney in not blocked. "Not want the smoke to come back down at us!"

9/02/2024 2:48 pm  #7143

Narrhil goes out into the chapel alone to collect fistfuls of snow for the pot.
[NARRHIL roll d20.]

9/02/2024 5:28 pm  #7144

[Eh, what about shoving torch up chimney? Which he does first].

9/02/2024 5:35 pm  #7145

Caveman wrote:

[Eh, what about shoving torch up chimney? Which he does first].

The chimney above the pot was filled with cobwebs too dense to see past 15 ft.
[Does Narrhil still go get the snowballs? If so Roll d20.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/02/2024 5:41 pm)

9/03/2024 2:43 am  #7146

[Does the broken window let in snow, I had presumed snow would be either there or just at door to kitchen, I had not planned to walk out of the room, with the only torch and leave the rest of group in darkness].

Last edited by Caveman (9/03/2024 2:43 am)

9/03/2024 10:26 am  #7147

Caveman wrote:

[Does the broken window let in snow, I had presumed snow would be either there or just at door to kitchen, I had not planned to walk out of the room, with the only torch and leave the rest of group in darkness].

The windows have not let in snow, only freezing air.
The center of the chapel ceiling is burned away, there is about 8 ft of it left at the burned out kitchen door.
Votin (or Keet I forget) has the dying torch.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/03/2024 10:27 am)

9/03/2024 11:13 am  #7148

[Well Narrhil would not go far without a warrior to guard him!].

9/03/2024 6:01 pm  #7149

Caveman wrote:

It's only 8 feeeet! to snowballs and Just one d20 roll away....

9/03/2024 7:26 pm  #7150

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

It's only 8 feeeet! to snowballs and Just one d20 roll away....

[Go ahead ... you know you want to ... maybe ... Votin is heard mumbling to himself in his condition ... something about buffalo chicken pizza ... with pineapples]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (9/03/2024 7:27 pm)

9/04/2024 2:47 am  #7151

[I am just wondering where our other two adventurers have gone, not to limbo I hope? ].

9/04/2024 5:57 pm  #7152

They have been standing mute and motionless while Narrhil debates grabbing those snowballs...neither has made any attempt at gather the table chips, the shaved frozen meat, or pulled a tinderbox.

9/05/2024 3:58 am  #7153

Narrhil clenches his horseman's pick in his glowing hand, and with torch in other he steps out of the kitchen to collect the snow. He keeps low, creating less of a target. He will pack snow into his drinking horn and fill the bowl he found in the shack they had last slept in.

[=13pxNarrhil Morrtos rolls d20 = 5]

9/05/2024 8:32 am  #7154

[NARRHIL +100 XP for bravery.]

Narrhil cautiously enters the chapel and approaches the area of snow coated floor beyond the raised dais.
Slowly he places his horseman's pick on the ground beside him as he kneels.
And takes out his drinking horn, upcaps it.
He reaches into the snow [with hands that do not glow, but are more stained in a cyan violet hue.]
As he touches the snow it immediately forms/melts to ice. Solid chunks. The more he touches, the more ice.

9/05/2024 5:20 pm  #7155

Narrhil is puzzled, but his mind instantly considers his god, the Ashen Worm, 'a blessing,' he thinks. He considers not touching his new comrades, he may freeze them. He takes the horn and scoops the horn into the snow, and the bowl to collect the snow.

[I had presume the horn was a drinking horn like a cup, with stopper at the broad side, but I might be wrong?].

9/06/2024 6:56 am  #7156

Narrhil successfully collects the snow in his horn and in his bowl.

9/06/2024 8:03 am  #7157

The cryomancer returns to the kitchen, and fills the pot with the snow. Piles some of the wood in the hearth and lights it with the torch. He sets to work melting the snow. While the snow melts, he start skinning the wolf, then cutting some of the meat from its bones to place in the pot.

Master Tillak, would you please help me administer the water to Sir Votin? Once we get food into him, I hope he will be healthy once more!" Says Narrhil.

9/06/2024 8:14 am  #7158

The sputtering torch dies while Narrhil starts the fire with the other one.
[The snow will probably melt to water at a 3:1 ratio at best. Does Narrhil go back for more?]

9/06/2024 10:23 am  #7159

[Unsure of pot size, yes if it needs filled].

9/06/2024 11:50 am  #7160

Caveman wrote:

[Unsure of pot size, yes if it needs filled].

The pot is about 18" so it will take many many many trips to fill using the waterhorn.
The snow will melt away to 1/3 pot of water at best, so manmhy many many trips X3.

For now, Narrhill starts making trips for more snow...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.