!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2024 7:54 am  #7121

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Votin holds the dying torch. Narrhill holds the fresh torch.]

The group exits the cellar stairway, quickly moving through the kitchen area's charred out doorway into the chapel. Snow falls again through the burnt out rafters. The pews remain tied to the broken front doors. 
All is quiet. 
Votin, TIllak and Keet grab limbs of the large frozen carcass and weak with hunger struggle to drag it back to the kitchen, wondering how it will fit in the cramped cellar below with the second carcass and the four of them...

8/29/2024 10:18 am  #7122

Narrhil stands watch but keeps close the group; one to proved more light and two for security.

"At least get it to the kitchen, we can cut it into usable bits!" He scans the temple, the pews at the door, the open ceiling, and every dark corner.

[Is the main doors still secure?]

8/29/2024 6:15 pm  #7123

Kéet will drop a bullet into his sling and follow, ready to let loose should Narrhil give a warning.

[I'm out of town until Tuesday so might not be able to post until then or Wedsnesday.]

Last edited by eakratz (8/29/2024 6:16 pm)

It is immortality of a sort.

8/29/2024 9:46 pm  #7124

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil stands watch but keeps close the group; one to proved more light and two for security.

"At least get it to the kitchen, we can cut it into usable bits!" He scans the temple, the pews at the door, the open ceiling, and every dark corner.

[Is the main doors still secure?]

The main doors remain secured to the pews.
Snow flurries fall through the rafters.
Nothing moves atop the dais.
The golden harp stands in the far corner.

8/29/2024 9:48 pm  #7125

eakratz wrote:

Kéet will drop a bullet into his sling and follow, ready to let loose should Narrhil give a warning.

[I'm out of town until Tuesday so might not be able to post until then or Wedsnesday.]

Keet remains at the ready, but he needs to help drag the carcass.

8/30/2024 3:17 am  #7126

[Any new footprints?]

8/30/2024 8:22 am  #7127

Caveman wrote:

[Any new footprints?]

None were noticed before everyone just trampled through here.

Votin, Tillak, and Keet manage to drag the second carcass into the kitchen area.

8/30/2024 1:26 pm  #7128

[Let's eat!]

8/30/2024 1:28 pm  #7129

Using whatever means at hand Votin starts breaking up/chopping with dull axe he can and then assist with building a fire .... in a suitable location of course...[in the kitchen?]

8/30/2024 5:59 pm  #7130

"If we can secure the location, then the kitchen will be fine. It lets the smoke escape through the windows!" States Narrhil with certainty. "I will set to work later once we have eaten, to detect any magic on our new items, and as much of the temple as I can." 

8/30/2024 6:19 pm  #7131

What will be used as firewood?

8/31/2024 7:43 pm  #7132

[WIP]

8/31/2024 8:18 pm  #7133

The lectern was previously burned. The best pews are tied to the entrance. The remaining shelves in the cellar are filled with bottles. Maybe the rickety table under the broken out windows?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/01/2024 7:24 am)

9/01/2024 8:28 am  #7134

[rickety table?...feel free to act on Votin's behalf , in the middle of a huge outside project]

9/01/2024 8:46 am  #7135

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[rickety table?...feel free to act on Votin's behalf , in the middle of a huge outside project]

From July 15, 2023:
Votin and Narrhil spend a Turn searching the room throughly, sharing the light when necessary.

Votin discovers that the door to the cellar area he had assumed was smashed is indeed still functional.
Narrhil finds the long table is burned and rickety but fairly stable. There are stray carvings in the hardwood, maybe from a cutting knife at the far end.

Votin detects older boot scuffs on the floor moving from the burned out door to the cellar door.

Narrhil finds rat bones in the empty pot hanging from the heavy chain in the fireplace. His light only shines 15 ft up the chimney onto the old cobwebs inside.

Votin's hunger drives him to hack up the rickety table for fuel and wolf carcass to char!

9/01/2024 10:03 am  #7136

Before Votin destroys it, Narrhil examines the carvings...

9/01/2024 10:05 am  #7137

It reads, She is false.

9/01/2024 1:16 pm  #7138

Narrhil reads it out loud to his comrades, "what does this mean?"

[I not sure if Narrhil knows much of the witch, as it could be what I read years ago, if I remembering right or wrongly? ]

9/01/2024 1:50 pm  #7139

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil reads it out loud to his comrades, "what does this mean?"

[I not sure if Narrhil knows much of the witch, as it could be what I read years ago, if I remembering right or wrongly? ]

[Narrhil, Tillak, and Keet recall a beast man in the cave prison bringing meat to fatten you up for a "she" who used a magic stick against his kind.]

9/01/2024 5:49 pm  #7140

"Who has a way to make fire?...The lack of food is making me weaker..."

[Votin uses his barbarian skills to scrounge up something to make a fire...maybe]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.