!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2024 10:18 am  #7021

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"We could hold them at the main door, and only let one in at a time or barricade them out completely?" sneers Narrhil.

7/23/2024 4:44 pm  #7022

"That was the howl of a wolf...my tribe's spirit animal...but not all spirits are friendly.
Whatever we decide to do must be done soon."

7/23/2024 5:12 pm  #7023

Narrhil starts to push the closest pew towards the main door, "lets pile them on top of each other, and tie them together with rope!"

[Narrhil has 40 feet of rope].

7/23/2024 7:13 pm  #7024

Votin joins in the effort.

7/24/2024 6:10 am  #7025

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin joins in the effort.

Tillak assists, as well.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/24/2024 3:34 pm  #7026

Soon the remaining pews are tied across the broken doors, effectively shutting outsiders out.

7/24/2024 4:40 pm  #7027

"It the best we can do, let get some food and cook it..., I need to examine the items we have found, and this temple, perhaps it has some hidden magical area within!" States Narrhil.

[Detect Magic spell last 10 minutes. I plan if I can to lay items in a row, cast the spell, and quickly see which ones glow, then more around the inside of temple (up stairs mostly) and see if I can find more clues or items].

7/25/2024 10:15 am  #7028

After helping with the pews and tiring them up he will also show his new ring to Narrhil while he is detecting magic.
if need be, he’ll try and break off some wood from the pews for a fire to cook the wolf.

It is immortality of a sort.

7/25/2024 10:39 am  #7029

Where is Narrhil laying out all these items for the spell?
He was wanting to eat first he said.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/25/2024 10:39 am)

7/25/2024 10:42 am  #7030

eakratz wrote:

After helping with the pews and tiring them up he will also show his new ring to Narrhil while he is detecting magic.
if need be, he’ll try and break off some wood from the pews for a fire to cook the wolf.

Keet begins chopping at the moved pews, the sound echoes loudly  through the quiet stillness.
The broken doors groan on what's left of their hinges. The rope holding it all together strains under the force.

7/25/2024 11:06 am  #7031

"Eh, perhaps downstairs, there.., there in shelves we can destroy for firewood Master Kéet!" Says Narrhil, concerned for their fortified secured doorway.

"Yes, I will look at your ring and any item other can think of or want me to examine!" He adds.

[Down in the cellar, then he plans to walk upstairs to main temple area and scan altar and melted harp, etc, a 360 scan. If folks are cooking, he can eat after the cast of spell. If a warrior could joined him with one of the torches on his exploration of temple, that be good.]

Last edited by Caveman (7/25/2024 11:07 am)

7/25/2024 3:13 pm  #7032

[Narrhil was about to go into kitchen with Votin before.
Each of those two carries a torch.
Tillak wants to go with them.
We will see if Keet got the message to get wood downstairs instead.]

Votin and Narrhill enter the kitchen. All is the same here. And a cold breeze wafts in through the two broken out windows high up on the left wall. The pot still hangs in the fireplace and the wooden door to the cellar is closed.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/25/2024 3:13 pm)

7/25/2024 4:21 pm  #7033

"Come Master Kéet and Tillak, it warmer downstairs!" Part whispers Narrhil. He holds back to give them light.

7/26/2024 4:10 pm  #7034

Tillak descends the stairs.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/26/2024 6:19 pm  #7035

Tillak opens at enters the cellar door. 
Votin's torch behind him throws Tillak's shadow down the tight steep stairwell within the stone wall.

[Can I get an order down the stairs. its barely 2 ft wide so it's one at a time, twisted, weapons armor and shields dragging stone.]

7/27/2024 5:23 am  #7036

[Narrhil goes third]

7/27/2024 8:57 am  #7037

[Sorry..been out of town...will catch up later]

7/27/2024 1:07 pm  #7038

"Oh, uh yeah. Good idea. If you want me to go first I have a decent chance of doing it quietly."
Keèt will head down the stairs, axe in one hand torch in the other.

Last edited by eakratz (7/27/2024 1:08 pm)

It is immortality of a sort.

7/27/2024 3:15 pm  #7039

eakratz wrote:

"Oh, uh yeah. Good idea. If you want me to go first I have a decent chance of doing it quietly."

Tillak has already started down the stairs.
Keet does not hold a torch currently.
Narrhill with torch is waiting to go in 3rd position.
Votin with torch is uncommitted as yet.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/27/2024 3:16 pm)

7/27/2024 3:53 pm  #7040

Iron Ranger wrote:

eakratz wrote:

Tillak has already started down the stairs.
Keet does not hold a torch currently.
Narrhill with torch is waiting to go in 3rd position.
Votin with torch is uncommitted as yet.

[I am dumb. I thought they were already going down the stairs. Tillak will heed Keet and acquiesce the front position and take second.]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.