!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2024 9:41 am  #6981

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Narrhil waits a heartbeat, "something is out there, we better get in a barricade the doors as best we can!"

Narrhil follows Kéet...

7/15/2024 12:57 pm  #6982

"Let us move swiftly..."

With that Votin starts removing the old barricade to get in.

7/15/2024 4:16 pm  #6983

Iron Ranger wrote:

The opening is large enough to enter.
All is quiet within, there is a dark shape beyond the pews, just out of the light.

[We do not need to remove any of the structure Yeti. ]

7/15/2024 6:32 pm  #6984

Caveman wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

The opening is large enough to enter.
All is quiet within, there is a dark shape beyond the pews, just out of the light.

[We do not need to remove any of the structure Yeti. ]

Realizing the hole is plenty wide enough for the barbarian, Votin enters carefully with warpick raised and stays close to the light.

7/16/2024 4:21 pm  #6985

Tillak follows his companions. When inside, he looks for a place to hang the torch in his hand, perhaps from something like this. https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/topic/398-medieval-torch-holder/I'm assuming that a deity such as Helios would have such devices on the wall. If not, then he wedges the torch between two stones or bricks.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/17/2024 6:15 pm  #6986

Once all are inside, they quickly recall the room as they left it.
2 pews slid and tied in the doorway.
A wooden altar from atop the raised dais smashed and burned to ash in heap near the inner burned out doorway to the kitchen.
A melted golden harp in the far corner.
The ceiling burned away revealing the rolling storm clouds through the rafters.
Scattered bones lie between the remaining pews.

There are no torch holders or stones for wedging.

7/17/2024 6:33 pm  #6987

Votin's mind races as all of the memories flooding his brain...

"The harp in the corner...is it truly made of gold?...Can this wood be chopped up and burned?
Let us venture downstairs and re-investigate further..."

[wolf carcass?]

7/17/2024 6:43 pm  #6988

From Votin's distance in this flickering dual torchlight  -  the harp glistens as gold.
These pews have been exposed to all the recent snow and sleet through the burnt out ceiling, and from the looks of things all the weather of the last 5 years.
the wolf carcass rests in the aisle leading to the raised dais about 15 ft away from the barbarian.

7/17/2024 8:11 pm  #6989

[going to let the others catch up]

7/18/2024 5:07 am  #6990

"Give me the torch Master Tillak," say Narrhil holding his pick in his other hand.

"I believe it is gold, I would break it into pieces, and carry it back with us when we leave for civilization...!"

"Aye, wood burns, I surprised there is much left of it. I presume the church caught fire and decades of snow might rot in beyond use?"

"If this wolf carcass is still here, perhaps the other is side downstairs?" He prepares to accompany Votin and the others.

7/18/2024 5:33 am  #6991

Caveman wrote:

"Give me the torch Master Tillak," say Narrhil holding his pick in his other hand.

"I believe it is gold, I would break it into pieces, and carry it back with us when we leave for civilization...!"

"Aye, wood burns, I surprised there is much left of it. I presume the church caught fire and decades of snow might rot in beyond use?"

"If this wolf carcass is still here, perhaps the other is side downstairs?" He prepares to accompany Votin and the others.

Tillak hands the torch to Narrhill.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/18/2024 8:00 am  #6992

Narrhil holds the torch high for the group, watching every dark corner...

7/18/2024 8:02 am  #6993

"Should we drag the carcass to a safe place if we are going to explore?

Keep your guard up in case there maybe intruders..."

Votin looks for good wood to burn while the rest look around.

7/18/2024 10:44 am  #6994

"I say we explore the kitchen and cellar. Make sure none inhabit the rooms, then return and secure the temple main doors. Those wild-men must have put the hole in it before they captured us!"

7/18/2024 11:57 am  #6995

"I agree...one should be on the lookout at all times."
Votin hesitates at the doorway to the kitchen trying to listen for signs of danger.

7/18/2024 12:37 pm  #6996

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"Should we drag the carcass to a safe place if we are going to explore?

Keep your guard up in case there maybe intruders..."

Votin looks for good wood to burn while the rest look around.

The burned pews still have some wood left to them, but they have been exposed to the elements for years.

7/18/2024 12:38 pm  #6997

Caveman wrote:

"I say we explore the kitchen and cellar. Make sure none inhabit the rooms, then return and secure the temple main doors. Those wild-men must have put the hole in it before they captured us!"

The two doors have failed at the hinges where the wooden frame was burned away. Otherwise they are fairly solid, though scorched on the interior side.

7/18/2024 12:39 pm  #6998

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"I agree...one should be on the lookout at all times."
Votin hesitates at the doorway to the kitchen trying to listen for signs of danger.

Total Silence.

7/18/2024 7:06 pm  #6999

"Follow me with one of the torches."

Votin pushes on the kitchen door with one hand and the warpick in the other and steps into the kitchen.

7/18/2024 7:10 pm  #7000

Tillak follows, ready to assist.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.