!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2024 12:58 pm  #6921

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Caveman wrote:

[So just a list of what we have confronted:
Will be explaining this to Votin as we walk around church's side, probably very quietly...
Beast-men: (killed a few, live in a cave* nearby)
Troupe of Zombies: (mostly they walked by us, thought they were going to church from caves*)
A Witch: (not sure we have confronted yet?)
A talking Wolf and its pack: (we have killed some?, or is one a zombie wolf now?)
Skeleton Children: (not sure if they are destroyed completely).

*Same cave].

[I sense a disturbance in the force...]

7/03/2024 1:14 pm  #6922

[Damn that's the second ring I've missed...at least I still got my hands...just remember if you drop out you come back 10 years older...just saying.]

7/03/2024 1:17 pm  #6923

Votin keeps close to Tillak with Keet(torch) and Narrhil behind...he's ready to chuck the backpack if things go bad...pick and axe at ready...more of a hammer than an axe now.

7/03/2024 1:19 pm  #6924

Caveman wrote:

[So just a list of what we have confronted:
Will be explaining this to Votin as we walk around church's side, probably very quietly...
Beast-men: (killed a few, live in a cave* nearby)
Troupe of Zombies: (mostly they walked by us, thought they were going to church from caves*)
A Witch: (not sure we have confronted yet?)
A talking Wolf and its pack: (we have killed some?, or is one a zombie wolf now?)
Skeleton Children: (not sure if they are destroyed completely).

*Same cave].

Votin takes this all in as the group makes it's way to the cellar.

"Where is this cave you speak of?"

7/03/2024 2:57 pm  #6925

"[Glad you can remain eakratz, I think we are going to need every blade and spell soon.  ]."

[Thanks I like this character and the group. I kind of wish I went with a purloiner though in hindsight. Might be nice to have one ecclesiastical caster in the grou[.]

Last edited by eakratz (7/03/2024 2:57 pm)

It is immortality of a sort.

7/03/2024 6:21 pm  #6926

eakratz wrote:

"[Glad you can remain eakratz, I think we are going to need every blade and spell soon.  ]."

[Thanks I like this character and the group. I kind of wish I went with a purloiner though in hindsight. Might be nice to have one ecclesiastical caster in the grou[.]

[Yeah, but your character is really cool. (y)]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/03/2024 6:23 pm  #6927

eakratz wrote:

Overcome with curiosity, the legerdemainist removes the ring, examines it. Shrugs his shoulders and puts it on. He'll then hurry to rejoin the party. Hopefully some of the trees dropped some sticks for him to pick up on the way.

The thin band is untarnished silver, unmarked.

There are no trees in the cemetery. the treeline is 50 yards away from the fence in any direction.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/03/2024 6:24 pm)

7/03/2024 6:26 pm  #6928

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak is with his companions, ready to assist however may be needed.

The icicle is out, Keet's torch is sputtering, Tillak carries the remaining 6 torches.

7/03/2024 6:27 pm  #6929

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[Damn that's the second ring I've missed...at least I still got my hands...just remember if you drop out you come back 10 years older...just saying.]

not necessarily......hhahahahahahhaah!

7/03/2024 6:28 pm  #6930

eakratz wrote:

How many hit points left?  I'm sure something can be arranged....hahahahhahahahhaha!

7/03/2024 6:43 pm  #6931

[So there was a thought to south side find the cellar again, and another to investigate the courtyard more?]

7/03/2024 9:18 pm  #6932

Iron Ranger wrote:

[How many hit points left?  I'm sure something can be arranged....hahahahhahahahhaha! 

[I'm full now but that can change ]

7/03/2024 9:19 pm  #6933

SullyB74 wrote:

[Yeah, but your character is really cool. (y)]

[Thanks, but it is cold out haha]

7/04/2024 6:08 am  #6934

[I sense a disturbance in the force...]

Yes, a great disruption.

Yeah, a part of me keeps expecting my PC's hands to shrivel and fall off!

Yes, was thinking that myself, Narrhil got a Wis of 10, so could/should have, but did not, lol; Make a Kleric.

[So there was a thought to south side find the cellar again, and another to investigate the courtyard more?]

Yes, south side if group agrees, and straight for the cellar, we truly need to eat...

7/04/2024 8:36 am  #6935

[South and cellar sounds good.]

7/04/2024 9:03 am  #6936

eakratz wrote:

[Tillak concurs.]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/04/2024 1:38 pm  #6937

eakratz wrote:

[Votin concurs...big words for a barbarian]

7/04/2024 2:27 pm  #6938

The group heads to the closed cemetery gate, each one fighting to be first position in the march.
The black clouds overhead have thickened again and feel heavy with more snow or ice or freezing death.
The woods beyond remain silent. Their prior footsteps remain in the snowfall, As do those of the wolves that tracked them.
As the last of the group exits the gate, Keet's torch finally sputters out, throwing all once again, into darkness.

7/04/2024 3:09 pm  #6939

Tillak offers to light another torch.

7/04/2024 10:11 pm  #6940

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak offers to light another torch.

"Yes if you may...we should tarry here until we have light...it may be dangerous to move on in the dark."

[Votin is a fountain of wisdom]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.