!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2024 6:42 pm  #6901

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Ah, Sir Votin," said Narrhil, dragging out the spare backpack. "I have brought you your load!"

The cryomancer scanned the land, the snow thick and joy to his soul, 'yet one must be careful, even such as I can die from its effects!' He thought.

7/02/2024 7:19 pm  #6902

Votin puts on the backpack and then adjusts the weight...

"Let us got to the cellar "carefully" and check on our dead wolves...water, food, shelter and warmth with light...should be our main concerns...lest we will not last in this church of Helios...whomever that may be...exploring further out should wait until those needs are satisfied...I offer only my opinion...all options are open."

7/02/2024 7:20 pm  #6903

Narrhil  gathers his things and drags his extra pack out of the room, across the courtyard and down the cemetery path with Tillak guarding (and carrying the excess torches).

As he arrives his Icicle melts away.

7/03/2024 5:00 am  #6904

Narrhil nods to Votin, "aye, Sir Votin, let us secure our base but let us be careful, I am starting to think we a treading on someone else's domain. I fear some ancient ceremony is in its process and we might be interrupting it!"

7/03/2024 5:24 am  #6905

[So just a list of what we have confronted:
Will be explaining this to Votin as we walk around church's side, probably very quietly...
Beast-men: (killed a few, live in a cave* nearby)
Troupe of Zombies: (mostly they walked by us, thought they were going to church from caves*)
A Witch: (not sure we have confronted yet?)
A talking Wolf and its pack: (we have killed some?, or is one a zombie wolf now?)
Skeleton Children: (not sure if they are destroyed completely).

*Same cave].

7/03/2024 7:11 am  #6906

[Sorry guys I just can't keep up. It's been a busy week and I must have missed the email so I didn't get notifications until I remembered to check last night. I'll just drop out because clearly I'm not able to follow along properly. Good luck!]

It is immortality of a sort.

7/03/2024 10:37 am  #6907

eakratz wrote:

[Sorry guys I just can't keep up. It's been a busy week and I must have missed the email so I didn't get notifications until I remembered to check last night. I'll just drop out because clearly I'm not able to follow along properly. Good luck!]

[I'm happy to run KEET's rolls as NPC until you get sorted if you want.]

7/03/2024 10:41 am  #6908

Caveman wrote:

[So just a list of what we have confronted:
Will be explaining this to Votin as we walk around church's side, probably very quietly...
Beast-men: (killed a few, live in a cave* nearby)
Troupe of Zombies: (mostly they walked by us, thought they were going to church from caves*)
A Witch: (not sure we have confronted yet?)
A talking Wolf and its pack: (we have killed some?, or is one a zombie wolf now?)
Skeleton Children: (not sure if they are destroyed completely).

*Same cave].

[Which side of church will the group walk along once they exit the gate?]

7/03/2024 10:44 am  #6909

[I’m actually ok I just keep dropping the ball. I was trying to catch up and there was a lot to work out. I think Keèt is in the woods looking for wood to build a fire. Can we assume he just went along with whatever Votin did and I’ll pick up from there?

7/03/2024 10:51 am  #6910

eakratz wrote:

[I’m actually ok I just keep dropping the ball. I was trying to catch up and there was a lot to work out. I think Keèt is in the woods looking for wood to build a fire. Can we assume he just went along with whatever Votin did and I’ll pick up from there?

[Of course. Typically what I do if a player gets jammed up and we don;t hear from them, is just have the character go limp and tag along, with minimal injection. No problem.]

Keet never made it out to the woods, he is looking at a small hole in the snow next to a tombstone that Votin spotted. Meantime Votin has lost interest in the hole, and Tillak and Narrhil have joined the others in the cemetery. I believe they are preparing to move out and find the cellar again.]

7/03/2024 11:01 am  #6911

"I'll be right there."
Keét holds his torch closed to the hole and tries to peer in. He'll dig around with one of his daggers as well.

7/03/2024 11:01 am  #6912

[I would prefer south side, on Kitchen side. Hope Kéet can stay. ]

7/03/2024 11:06 am  #6913

Caveman wrote:

[Ha ha. What makes me most frustrated is I'm usually on top of things in pbps. I just had to pause my own Hyperborea ppb because several people in the group all had business/emergencies all at the same time.  I really do think it is the single reminder message. If I see the email but can't do anything about it at the time, I lose track.]

7/03/2024 11:08 am  #6914

The group pauses before moving out as KEET investigates the hole.

​He uses his dagger to widen the hole.

Suddenly he jumps back as a vole springs out and darts away through the nearby fence.
There is something stuffed into the vole nest.

7/03/2024 11:10 am  #6915

Kéet will reach in and pull out the something.

[It's a mimic. Bye hand.]

7/03/2024 11:13 am  #6916

eakratz wrote:

Caveman wrote:

[Ha ha. What makes me most frustrated is I'm usually on top of things in pbps. I just had to pause my own Hyperborea ppb because several people in the group all had business/emergencies all at the same time.  I really do think it is the single reminder message. If I see the email but can't do anything about it at the time, I lose track.]

[Same here. I see the notice, go on, and the whole party has tried to journey into the next module, and I'm like, hold up, slow down...]

7/03/2024 11:15 am  #6917

eakratz wrote:

Kéet will reach in and pull out the something.

[It's a mimic. Bye hand.]

Keet pulls out a severed hand bone. There is a thin silver band on the middle digit bone.

7/03/2024 11:32 am  #6918

Overcome with curiosity, the legerdemainist removes the ring, examines it. Shrugs his shoulders and puts it on. He'll then hurry to rejoin the party. Hopefully some of the trees dropped some sticks for him to pick up on the way.

7/03/2024 11:47 am  #6919

Tillak is with his companions, ready to assist however may be needed.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/03/2024 12:33 pm  #6920

Narrhil keeps with the group. He notes that Kéet has the only torch that is lit, and keeps close to him in case he gets lost in the dark.

[Glad you can remain eakratz, I think we are going to need every blade and spell soon. ].

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.