!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2024 4:54 am  #6881

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Prepared, Narrhil readies to move outside with Tillak.

[He should have 20 minutes left with Icicle].

7/01/2024 12:01 pm  #6882

Votin draws the conclusion that Helios is the deity the church served, not being versed in civilized religion.

"Keet, let us follow the tracks but be watchful of the dangers here..."

7/01/2024 2:49 pm  #6883

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin draws the conclusion that Helios is the deity the church served, not being versed in civilized religion.

"Keet, let us follow the tracks but be watchful of the dangers here..."

[Leave out the cemetery gate and follow the game tracks out to the woods? or go to the hole next to the far headstone?]

7/01/2024 3:56 pm  #6884

Iron Ranger wrote:

go to the hole next to the far headstone

[Can Votin identify the tracks?]

"This way Keet."

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/01/2024 3:58 pm)

7/01/2024 5:33 pm  #6885

[Never formally trained since his elders were killed he cant be certain. Small game, either chipmunk, squirrel, or vole.]

[Let's see if Keet tries to talk Votin out of it.]

7/02/2024 4:53 am  #6886

Tillak follows Narrhil, weapon at the ready.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/02/2024 5:24 am  #6887

With Tillak closeby, Narrhil has time to consider his predicament. He feels much better than he has, in last few days. But without food they will stave. They need to return to cellar and see if the wolf carcasses are there, but no doubt the Wild-men might have taken them...

He had meant to use detect magic on the items he had found, the bowl, spoon, and see if the wand and ring still radiated functional magic, and were just dormant for some reason... A talking wolf that deflects magic. Had it been the witch in wolf-form, had it a female voice, or was the wolf an ally to her? What were their reasonings to join forces...

With a nod to Tillak, he moved closes to Votin, avoiding stepping on the obvious animal tracks, stepping in the barbarian's footprints.

7/02/2024 10:35 am  #6888

[I'm confused.
Votin and Keet are out in the cemetery with a single torch, looking at game tracks.
Narhill and Tillak are in the room on the mattress, just finsihed studying books, by the light of the icicle.

Narrhil said he wanted to take items outside  to courtyard? to detect magic.
Tillak will need to help carry items because Icicle is in narrhil hand. or light torch]

This reads like Narrhil is not casting detect magic and changing to go out to find Votin in the cemetery.

Please correct me with current intentions everyone.]

7/02/2024 10:57 am  #6889

[Keet and Votin are out in the cemetery following tracks although I don't think Keet wants to be here...I think Narrhil is coming to where Votin is and bringing the items with him but left that part out maybe]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/02/2024 10:57 am)

7/02/2024 11:02 am  #6890

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[Keet and Votin are out in the cemetery following tracks although I don't think Keet wants to be here...I think Narrhil is coming to where Votin is and bringing the items with him but left that part out maybe]

[okay, hopefully he chimes in with clarification.]

Does Votin take Keet's torch?

7/02/2024 11:18 am  #6891

Iron Ranger wrote:

Does Votin take Keet's torch?

[Not unless he doesn't want it]

Votin moves closer to the hole to inspect it, hoping Keet doesn't get weak in the knees and holds onto the torch.

"I wonder what kind of animal is that makes the tracks and hopefully it's edible."

7/02/2024 11:32 am  #6892

[Assuming Keet is agreeable to leave the path]

Votin leans over the hole, the tracks lead inside.
It is fist sized and turns toward the wood along the line of the stone at about wrist deep.

7/02/2024 11:44 am  #6893

[Where to next?

Before stepping outside the cemetery gates(Pantera!), in my opinion, we should check the cellar for wolf carcasses and inspect the staircase, should it prove pointless then we should knock it down for firewood.]

7/02/2024 12:27 pm  #6894

[LOL!]

7/02/2024 12:46 pm  #6895

Iron Ranger wrote:

Narhill has gathered the items on the mattress. 

Ah mis-read this... Thought it said, I gathered the items on the mattress. As if I had gathered them from the mattress and shoved them into my backpack... (slight error). Still.., I stated:

He had meant to use detect magic on the items he had found, the bowl, spoon, and see if the wand and ring still radiated functional magic, and were just dormant for some reason..

He places items in his packs and we can leave it as that, and once in cellar, he can detect magic there. It might be good if other items start glowing also from cellar.

7/02/2024 12:54 pm  #6896

Caveman wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Narhill has gathered the items on the mattress. 

Ah mis-read this... Thought it said, I gathered the items on the mattress. As if I had gathered them from the mattress and shoved them into my backpack... (slight error). Still.., I stated:

He had meant to use detect magic on the items he had found, the bowl, spoon, and see if the wand and ring still radiated functional magic, and were just dormant for some reason..

He places items in his packs and we can leave it as that, and once in cellar, he can detect magic there. It might be good if other items start glowing also from cellar.

AHHHH!  Gotcha. understood.
Only question then is how to transport this extra backpack with all the stuff in it, as both your backpack and Tillak's backpack are quite filled with spellbooks. This new pack isnt heavy per se but cumbersome when not worn, especially, when considering all the weapons, shield, torch, icicle that might be taken as well.

"A spell book can be a veritable anchor for the magician; never easy to=9ptcarry, it takes up a considerable amount of room in a backpack. Notwithstanding, most magicians are loath to allow anyone else to bear this most precious possession."

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/02/2024 12:56 pm)

7/02/2024 5:05 pm  #6897

[Votin can carry one or wear it but if the carcasses are still in the cellar...how do we get them up? Bring the rope!]

7/02/2024 5:43 pm  #6898

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[Votin can carry one or wear it but if the carcasses are still in the cellar...how do we get them up? Bring the rope!]

[We'll see if they can manage to get it out. What does KEET think about the hole in the snow?]

7/02/2024 6:35 pm  #6899

Iron Ranger wrote:

Only question then is how to transport this extra backpack with all the stuff in it, as both your backpack and Tillak's backpack are quite filled with spellbooks. This new pack isnt heavy per se but cumbersome when not worn, especially, when considering all the weapons, shield, torch, icicle that might be taken as well. 

[Votin is a strong man, I think he has no equipment? We will ask him to carry it...]

7/02/2024 6:39 pm  #6900

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[I did not read, this, so good stuff, if Votin can take new backpack. The cellar is a good place for  base. We started a fire down there to cook wolf meat, but that was when we got attacked by the Beast-men and capture (though we killed a few of them). So, we are uncertain of condition of that location].

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.