!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2024 8:05 am  #6821

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Building attached to church, there was stairs down to a cellar?]

6/24/2024 12:18 pm  #6822

Caveman wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil Morrtos the Cryomancer rises, he arranges his equipment and prepare his tome to study. He also request of his fellows to patrol outside so they could get the wolf carcass to eat, and find his used wand, it still had worth, even as a memento.

[what was his dHD recovery?] 

[Actually, I not know how that works, is it on a certain page?]

[Yes, It is on page 224, Players manual 1E.]
basically, with 8 hours of rest/sleep you recover 1HD + con bonus.
for 24 hours rest you recover full HP.

6/24/2024 12:22 pm  #6823

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d8]=6

"Aye Master Narrhil, if it is safe to venture outside.

Our companions need to recover the carcass for our repast.

We need to find us a better source for supplies as well..."

[VOTIN uses a d12.]

6/24/2024 12:23 pm  #6824

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ Is the temple close by? ... And the door leading down to the laboratory?]

[Votin is inside the church, though he doesn't know that, having mysteriously arrived in this room after years and years wandering the cursed cove.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/24/2024 12:25 pm)

6/24/2024 12:26 pm  #6825

The bookfire flickers out. The room is cast in darkness again.

6/24/2024 1:11 pm  #6826

Iron Ranger wrote:

[VOTIN uses a d12.]

[1d12]=10

6/24/2024 1:12 pm  #6827

Iron Ranger wrote:

The bookfire flickers out. The room is cast in darkness again.

"We may need a torch now..."

6/24/2024 1:34 pm  #6828

[Right sort Iron.

Narrhil Morrtos rolls d4 = 2. So, he at 4 out 5].

6/24/2024 1:42 pm  #6829

Narrhil lit a torch, waiting with Tillak and Votin to exit the door.

6/24/2024 3:39 pm  #6830

After climbing over the new backpack and  fumbling off the bed, Narrhil locates one of the 7 torches and lights it. Its brightness is a welcome relief to all, each having strained by the bookfire light through each of his watches. 

[Wasn't someone wanting to look at his magic book? Was it Narrhil? I forget]

[Can I get those chracter intentions one more time please.] 

6/24/2024 5:11 pm  #6831

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil Morrtos the Cryomancer rises, he arranges his equipment and prepare his tome to study. He also request of his fellows to patrol outside so they could get the wolf carcass to eat, and find his used wand, it still had worth, even as a memento.

[Here it is, Knew I wasn't dreaming. Is this still Narrhil's intention? or is he now going out with the others at the door?]

6/24/2024 8:10 pm  #6832

Caveman wrote:

"Aye Sir Votin, let us explore," Narrhil makes ready to move outside. He collects his dagger wedged under the door (if it still there) and turns to Kéet.

"That I can try. What manner of caster are you?... Master Tillak is an Icelord, that I know and could assist him with some of my spells!

Keèt steps out, kicking ice shards aside and answers. “Garden variety legerdemainism is my specialty. I dabble a little bit of everything. But just dabble. I can climb like a spider.”

It is immortality of a sort.

6/25/2024 4:13 am  #6833

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

[Here it is, Knew I wasn't dreaming. Is this still Narrhil's intention? or is he now going out with the others at the door?]

[Might not of explained that properly. The 'They,' also includes him. Warriors first, poor weak cryomancer last but not least, etc. ]

6/25/2024 4:23 am  #6834

eakratz wrote:

Keèt steps out, kicking ice shards aside and answers. “Garden variety legerdemainism is my specialty. I dabble a little bit of everything. But just dabble. I can climb like a spider.”

"Ah, most interesting, well, I hope we can get the chance to improve on your skills, I know: Chill Touch, Identify, Cold Resistance, and Detect Magic. Pick one, and we can start to work at it, in or spare time!"

6/25/2024 4:30 am  #6835

{I preparing, my tome, but first: go outside for few minutes, get my wand, help with wolf carcass, watch the area for others. Come back inside, read tome, and if we got time; start helping Kéet and Tillak (if he wants) learn another spell, or at least start process with. Hopefully others will get fire going again, cook meat. Then he will eat. I think that it for now?}

6/25/2024 4:52 am  #6836

Tillak follows the party, his war pick and shield at the ready. "Brother Narrhil, are you well? How is your hand?"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/25/2024 5:00 am  #6837

“I’ll see if I can gather some wood.” Keèt will try to see if there are any branches and kindlthat may be gathered.

It is immortality of a sort.

6/25/2024 7:23 am  #6838

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak follows the party, his war pick and shield at the ready. "Brother Narrhil, are you well? How is your hand?"

"They would seem fine at present, though this stain might never go away, and I fear I ruined the magical ring versus cold!"

6/25/2024 8:13 am  #6839

Warpick in one hand torch in the other ( I assume) Votin checks the area for threats , cautiously moving any ice shards out their path of travel.

Should the area be clear of danger, Votin will start dragging the carcass inside.

"Look for anything that might be of use and bring it back inside but beware of the dangers out here..."

[Assuming that the party has sense to bring  clean snow in to melt for drinking water...etc.]

6/25/2024 8:31 am  #6840

[Where can we go from here?
Do we have some sort of objective to accomplish?
Does the party have knowledge of some sort of civilized area nearby?
Not like traveling in complete darkness is safe...
Curious how the year of darkness plays out..those animals that don't hibernate will starve to death
or eat every thing in sight...hopefully people have stored a year's worth of food somewhere...
plants will wither and die...a lot to look forward to...wish I didn't think so much sometimes.]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.