!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2024 6:22 am  #6801

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Narrhil waits till Votin secures the door...

6/18/2024 7:39 am  #6802

Votin hurriedly secures the door!

6/18/2024 9:11 am  #6803

Once the door is secure, Narrhil nods to Votin and proceeds to settle to rest again.

6/18/2024 3:01 pm  #6804

[I'm assuming he wedged a dagger into the crack?]

The door is secure and the boys sleep again through the rest of the uneventful watch. Time to wake up Keet...

[What will Keet do during his watch, etc.?]

6/18/2024 3:03 pm  #6805

Is there a window or hole in the roof? Kèet would try and investigate the noise.

Last edited by eakratz (6/18/2024 3:03 pm)

It is immortality of a sort.

6/18/2024 3:11 pm  #6806

eakratz wrote:

Is there a window or hole in the roof? Kèet would try and investigate the noise.

The small room contains no  window or hole in ceiling. Once the others fall asleep, Keet's curiosity about that strange snap that Votin told him about two hours ago increases and increases until his eyes are glued to the dagger holding the door shut...

The tiny book fire is nearly out again.
And its wipsy smoke is starting to collect too much with no ventilation for hours.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/18/2024 3:21 pm)

6/19/2024 7:38 am  #6807

Iron Ranger wrote:

[I'm assuming he wedged a dagger into the crack?]

[Yes, then he sleeps.]

6/19/2024 7:46 am  #6808

Kéet listens intently for more evidence of noise coming from outside other than that snapping stick [rolled a 5 for discern noise so fail]. Hearing nothing and seeing that the smoke is once again building up he as quietly as he can [Move Silently 7 so fail] he jiggles the dagger loose and cracks the door slightly. At first, he holds his eye to the crack to just look out but:

a: If he sees nothing he'll open it a little farther to vent the room and look around
b: slam it quickly if he sees a dangerous beasty.

6/20/2024 8:14 pm  #6809

Keet opens the door.
The light from the dwindling bookfire sheds nearly nothing outside the doorway.
He hears nothing outside.

6/23/2024 9:37 am  #6810

The remainder of Keet's watch is quiet.
All awaken.
[ALL recover dHD of hp, state intentions.]

6/23/2024 11:21 am  #6811

Narrhil Morrtos the Cryomancer rises, he arranges his equipment and prepare his tome to study. He also request of his fellows to patrol outside so they could get the wolf carcass to eat, and find his used wand, it still had worth, even as a memento.

6/23/2024 12:46 pm  #6812

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil Morrtos the Cryomancer rises, he arranges his equipment and prepare his tome to study. He also request of his fellows to patrol outside so they could get the wolf carcass to eat, and find his used wand, it still had worth, even as a memento.

[what was his dHD recovery?]

6/23/2024 3:23 pm  #6813

[1d8]=6

"Aye Master Narrhil, if it is safe to venture outside.

Our companions need to recover the carcass for our repast.

We need to find us a better source for supplies as well..."

6/23/2024 7:56 pm  #6814

"Rise and shine boys. All was quiet till morning. Let's get that meat quickly I'm hungry. Maybe we should try to gather some wood and smoke what we can't eat.
"Ah Narrhil, perhaps if we find time we could teach each other some spells. I only know one and while it can be useful, didn't help me against the beast-men."

[Rolled 4 hps bring me to full]

6/23/2024 8:46 pm  #6815

"If those icicles are still outside move them with your foot carefully away from the door...perhaps we can make a large circle to keep the beasts at bay?"

6/24/2024 3:12 am  #6816

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

[what was his dHD recovery?] 

[Actually, I not know how that works, is it on a certain page?]

6/24/2024 3:18 am  #6817

"Aye Sir Votin, let us explore," Narrhil makes ready to move outside. He collects his dagger wedged under the door (if it still there) and turns to Kéet.

"That I can try. What manner of caster are you?... Master Tillak is an Icelord, that I know and could assist him with some of my spells!

6/24/2024 4:43 am  #6818

Iron Ranger wrote:

The remainder of Keet's watch is quiet.
All awaken.
[ALL recover dHD of hp, state intentions.]

Tillak: 1d8: 4!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/24/2024 4:44 am  #6819

Tillak will accompany the party out of the room and assist with exploration.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/24/2024 7:57 am  #6820

[ Is the temple close by? ... And the door leading down to the laboratory?]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.