!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2024 8:07 am  #6781

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak readies himself for battle, Shield and war pick at the ready. He tries to rouse Keet.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/15/2024 5:40 pm  #6782

Keet seems dead to the world...

6/16/2024 5:32 am  #6783

In fear of this wrapped place, Narrhil says, "one comes back, another goes?"

6/16/2024 8:37 am  #6784

Caveman wrote:

In fear of this wrapped place, Narrhil says, "one comes back, another goes?"

Keet's body remains, it snores deeply...

6/16/2024 9:10 am  #6785

Narrhil is not comforted, but prepares himself, waiting for the door to burst open.

6/16/2024 5:00 pm  #6786

"I am resisting the urge to open the door and look, from what I've been told the undead make no sound..."

6/16/2024 5:11 pm  #6787

[Can any of us detect undead?]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/16/2024 7:29 pm  #6788

You strain to hear another noise but silence is constant.

6/17/2024 7:57 am  #6789

Standing in his not-so white robes trimmed with pale blue and silver and his thick winter cloak, Narrhil ponders tearing up some of the loose floor boards and attempting to barricade the door. His violet coloured stain gripping his weapons trouble him, but he had other problems at present.

"Are we willing to combat a foe at this present moment in times, or secure or fortress from enemy?" He asks his comrades in a faint whisper, "I could attempt to wedge door shut with my dagger?"

[Narrhil has a crowbar, he could force floor boards up, nails also, and hammer then into door frame?]

6/17/2024 11:10 am  #6790

Caveman wrote:

Standing in his not-so white robes trimmed with pale blue and silver and his thick winter cloak, Narrhil ponders tearing up some of the loose floor boards and attempting to barricade the door. His violet coloured stain gripping his weapons trouble him, but he had other problems at present.

"Are we willing to combat a foe at this present moment in times, or secure or fortress from enemy?" He asks his comrades in a faint whisper, "I could attempt to wedge door shut with my dagger?"

[Narrhil has a crowbar, he could force floor boards up, nails also, and hammer then into door frame?]

The floor and walls are constructed of stone.
The door is reinforced wood and is banded directly to the stone wall by metal strap hinges.

6/17/2024 4:41 pm  #6791

"The door and walls seem sturdy enough...rest but keep your weapons and shields at hand...I will continue the watch."

6/17/2024 4:43 pm  #6792

To take his mind off of what may await outside Votin picks up one of the few readable books and flips through it but finds the language incomprehensible.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (6/17/2024 4:44 pm)

6/17/2024 7:05 pm  #6793

Kéet's eyes snap open. He grabs his axe and heads to stand next to the door whispering to himself "Man I slept like I was dead." 
He tries to listen closely to see if he can hear anything else coming from out there.

[Sorry. I literally got a notification today and saw I missed a couple pages of stuff. I'm just going to mental note myself to check the thread directly every couple of days.]

It is immortality of a sort.

6/17/2024 8:38 pm  #6794

eakratz
[Sorry. I literally got a notification today and saw I missed a couple pages of stuff. I'm just going to mental note myself to check the thread directly every couple of days. wrote:

[[What I do is keep this page open in the browser and refresh it every time I sit down at the keyboard, some webpages refresh automatically...this ain't one of them...you can also setup email alerts]]

6/17/2024 9:47 pm  #6795

eakratz wrote:

Kéet's eyes snap open. He grabs his axe and heads to stand next to the door whispering to himself "Man I slept like I was dead." 
He tries to listen closely to see if he can hear anything else coming from out there.

[Sorry. I literally got a notification today and saw I missed a couple pages of stuff. I'm just going to mental note myself to check the thread directly every couple of days.]

Keet hears nothing through the door. Votin has reassured him his sleep is still sound.

6/17/2024 9:54 pm  #6796

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

eakratz
[Sorry. I literally got a notification today and saw I missed a couple pages of stuff. I'm just going to mental note myself to check the thread directly every couple of days. wrote:

[[What I do is keep this page open in the browser and refresh it every time I sit down at the keyboard, some webpages refresh automatically...this ain't one of them...you can also setup email alerts]]

[This thing runs pretty much every day or more, unless I'm overseas for work where I get off time (sorry folks)  Somewhere near the bottom of the page is a button for subscribing. Now this service is currently working for me, but it hasnt always, particularly with certain players over others, which is weird. side note: the ping is only once, and doesn't ping you again until you check it. So often I get a hit, then check, and everyone's actually chimed. in. Took me a while to keep looking at the inbox button too(which is where your dreams, visions, and dark thoughts might occur). Now I stay away from the mobile version altogether.  Good luck!]

6/17/2024 9:57 pm  #6797

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"The door and walls seem sturdy enough...rest but keep your weapons and shields at hand...I will continue the watch."

As the others move back to slumber, Votin re-realizes the door is only closed and not locked or blocked in any way....

6/18/2024 6:04 am  #6798

[Can Kèet use Discern Noise to listen closer?]

[the ping is only once,
This might be the problem. I get the Unitarian email but aren’t able to do anything at the time.]

It is immortality of a sort.

6/18/2024 6:16 am  #6799

Iron Ranger wrote:

Caveman wrote:

The floor and walls are constructed of stone.
The door is reinforced wood and is banded directly to the stone wall by metal strap hinges.

[Ah, sorted]

6/18/2024 6:20 am  #6800

eakratz wrote:

{Yeah, I just pop in everyday to see if folks have posted, but I got 6 PbP I got to scan through each day, two I GMing.}

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.