!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2024 7:47 am  #6701

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[Weather?]

Clouds. 5 degrees F. 

6/07/2024 7:48 am  #6702

SullyB74 wrote:

[You say that there is something covering his hands? Tillk, doing his best to not TOUCH the fucking purple s***, tries to scrape it off with his dagger, not injuring Narrhil in the process.]

[Think a violet colored stain.]
[Tillak doesnt get anywhere with this scraping, same as Narrhil.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/07/2024 7:57 am)

6/07/2024 7:52 am  #6703

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Nodding his head in agreement Votin hauls the rope and axe back in.

The axe drags across the carcass and, knocking over more of the ice blades between it and the doorway, is retrieved.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/07/2024 7:57 am)

6/07/2024 7:55 am  #6704

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak calls to Keet, "Brother Keet, help me scrape this infernal purple ichor off of Brother Narrhil's hands!"

In the firelight of the burning books, the glowing hands of Narrhil are clearly marked by the substance (as a stain or tattoo) and the scraping only chafes the skin, removing nothing.

6/07/2024 9:18 am  #6705

Narrhil examines the violet stain or tattoo on his hands, "Master Kéet my robes before I freeze to death?"

"It not seem to be working, perhaps in time my hands will heal but first we need to rest. I sleep now. Watch me Sir Tillak and if I die, I bequest my spellbook to thee. Votin, you may take my weapons and Master Kéet, you take my robes for they seemed to have worked well for you!"

[OOC: Is it dried into his skin or covering it? As you stated like a gauntlet? Is it solid or fluid?] 

6/07/2024 10:12 am  #6706

The warmth of the books feels nice,  the returned robes will feel nicer yet.But without them Narrhil will need to sleep very close to the now dwindling book fire.

[ Your hands looked as glowing gauntlets in the dark, but now in the light of the fire, you see that it is actually a glowing stain on(within?) the skin (and ring).  ]   

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/07/2024 10:12 am)

6/07/2024 11:17 am  #6707

The cryomancer ponder how much of a glow his hands give in the dark. Narrhil rises, he does not seem to feel any pain and takes his robes from Kéet and places them around him.

Then returns to the dwindling fire. Then with his winter blanket starts to settle. He considers the mattress, examining it for any dangers, dragging it close to the fire if it looks safe.

6/07/2024 11:28 am  #6708

Caveman wrote:

The cryomancer ponder how much of a glow his hands give in the dark. Narrhil rises, he does not seem to feel any pain and takes his robes from Kéet and places them around him.

Then returns to the dwindling fire. Then with his winter blanket starts to settle. He considers the mattress, examining it for any dangers, dragging it close to the fire if it looks safe.

Narrhil knows something strange is with the ice blades violet stain. The warming ring now broken. His furs give immediate warmth. 

The mattress is old and lumpy but easy to drag a few feet closer to the small flames. Moving it reveals a small spoon carved of bone on the stone floor.

6/07/2024 1:59 pm  #6709

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak calls to Keet, "Brother Keet, help me scrape this infernal purple ichor off of Brother Narrhil's hands!"

In the firelight of the burning books, the glowing hands of Narrhil are clearly marked by the substance (as a stain or tattoo) and the scraping only chafes the skin, removing nothing.

Tillak stops scraping, not wanting to hurt his friend.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/08/2024 4:13 am  #6710

Narrhil squats beside the bone spoon and looks at it. Taking his dagger he flicks the spoon over to see the other side. He was not in a rush to start touching things, ever again. 

He had lost both the wand, that had cease to function when needed, and now the ring in so few hours. The Great Yikkorth had his reasons and he was not there to question them.

6/08/2024 7:40 am  #6711

There are no markings on the other side of the small bone spoon.

6/08/2024 8:35 am  #6712

"Gods of cold and blizzards, protect me and guide me!" He pick up the spoon and starts tapping the ground with his pick handle, around area where the mattress was..., looking for any hollow, secret place.

6/08/2024 9:23 am  #6713

Caveman wrote:

"Gods of cold and blizzards, protect me and guide me!" He pick up the spoon and starts tapping the ground with his pick handle, around area where the mattress was..., looking for any hollow, secret place.

The floorstones are well placed and solid. 

6/08/2024 3:32 pm  #6714

Narrhil focuses on sleep and uses the mattress.

6/08/2024 6:15 pm  #6715

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil focuses on sleep and uses the mattress.

Narrhil climbs onto the mattress to prepare for sleep. 
[Narrhil +50 XP for using mattress.]
There is something hard inside the mattress.
[What did he do with the spoon?]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (6/08/2024 6:20 pm)

6/08/2024 6:19 pm  #6716

Everyone is awake. 
There has only been 1 watch - Narrhil's.
Narrhill has pulled the mattress over nearer the fire. He is on it.
The door is open.
The rope and axe have been pulled back.
The first books fire is almost out.
There are four unused torches.
There are more burned books in piles around the walls where people slept.
There is an overturned bowl near the moved mattress.
Who has 2nd watch?
What are others doing now awake?

6/08/2024 6:24 pm  #6717

TILLAK  =  11869 XP
VOTIN  =  6264 XP
NARRHIL MORRTOS  =  2408 XP
KEET GOOCH  =  758 XP

6/09/2024 5:58 am  #6718

Narrhil collects the bowl and puts both the spoon and bowl in his backpack for later examination. He also collects his rope and axe and places them near were he sleeps.

Where the lump is in the mattress, he gets his dagger and cuts a small hole, and reaches in... to scoop whatever it is out, and see what it is...

6/09/2024 9:42 am  #6719

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil collects the bowl and puts both the spoon and bowl in his backpack for later examination. He also collects his rope and axe and places them near were he sleeps.

Where the lump is in the mattress, he gets his dagger and cuts a small hole, and reaches in... to scoop whatever it is out, and see what it is...

The hard lump is behind his torso.

Narrhil reaches inside the small cut hole and feels a hard leather bag about 1 ft x 1.5 ft.

6/09/2024 11:32 am  #6720

Narrhil pulls out the bag, curious at what might be inside...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.