!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/02/2024 10:44 am  #6681

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[VOTIN roll d100.]

[1d100]=30

VOTIN too is undisturbed.

6/02/2024 10:45 am  #6682

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak is attempting to warm Narrhil's hands by rubbing them vigorously between the remnants of his traveling cloak. His mind races, wondering if the flint and tinder that he had in his pack is still there.

The warming works momentarily. He thinks his tinderbox has a few twigs left within.

6/02/2024 12:35 pm  #6683

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

VOTIN snores like a neverending tide on an endless sandy beach.

{OOC: Votin approves this message !]

Still snoring.....tangerine dreams and marmalade skies....

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[VOTIN roll d100.]

[1d100]=30

VOTIN too is undisturbed.

6/03/2024 5:12 am  #6684

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak is attempting to warm Narrhil's hands by rubbing them vigorously between the remnants of his traveling cloak. His mind races, wondering if the flint and tinder that he had in his pack is still there.

The warming works momentarily. He thinks his tinderbox has a few twigs left within.

Tillak builds a small fire. Is the room ventilated so as to not choke us with smoke?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/03/2024 7:03 am  #6685

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak builds a small fire. Is the room ventilated so as to not choke us with smoke?

Tillak finds his box in the dark and sets the small pile of burned books alight. They burn (fairly quickly)
Keet and Votin wake up at the sudden light, noise and smoke filling the room.
Narrhil feels the warmth of the flames, in the light he sees both his hands are stained with the voilet.

[This room has no windows, only the single door]

6/03/2024 7:51 am  #6686

Narrhil looks to seen if he was still in possession of the magical ring of Warmness. "Thank you Master Tillak, I feared that the Ashen Worm was calling me!"

6/03/2024 2:50 pm  #6687

"Eh?...What's all the commotion? ... Seems like I slept for an eternity!"

6/03/2024 2:56 pm  #6688

Keér shakes his head then groans for a good 20 seconds. When he opens his his eyes and blurts “What in Xathoqqua’s sticky tongue happened to your hands?”

It is immortality of a sort.

6/03/2024 3:38 pm  #6689

eakratz wrote:

Keér shakes his head then groans for a good 20 seconds. When he opens his his eyes and blurts “What in Xathoqqua’s sticky tongue happened to your hands?”

{I love your oaths! ]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

6/04/2024 5:30 am  #6690

"I foolishly touched the ice shard thinking I was immune; magic and the gods aside," states Narrhil plainly, though with some trepidation. "But, I guess I was wrong?"

6/04/2024 8:47 am  #6691

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil looks to seen if he was still in possession of the magical ring of Warmness. "Thank you Master Tillak, I feared that the Ashen Worm was calling me!"

The ring is beneath the ink like substance coating his hands. And though the flash fire warms his skin, he feels the cold on the air through his thin dressing gown.

6/04/2024 8:49 am  #6692

The book smoke thickens in the room.

6/04/2024 8:49 am  #6693

[Only the first watch is complete.]

6/04/2024 12:45 pm  #6694

If the door is closed Votin gets up and cracks it hoping to help vent the room, if possible he will glance outside to check things out and be prepared to shut the door if enemies are present.

When the room air is clear he will close and secure the door.

6/04/2024 2:23 pm  #6695

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

If the door is closed Votin gets up and cracks it hoping to help vent the room, if possible he will glance outside to check things out and be prepared to shut the door if enemies are present.

When the room air is clear he will close and secure the door.

After the door is opened the smoke begins to thin, but Votin thinks as long as the books burn, the door will need to remain open. [The books are burning fast to be sure, either more will need to be added or their flame will be lost.]

Outside is only silence and darkness. The ice blades remain, the rope with axe tied on still runs out to the wolf carcass.

6/04/2024 3:55 pm  #6696

[Weather?]

6/04/2024 9:06 pm  #6697

[You say that there is something covering his hands? Tillk, doing his best to not TOUCH the fucking purple s***, tries to scrape it off with his dagger, not injuring Narrhil in the process.]

6/05/2024 5:15 am  #6698

As Tillak assist him, Narrhil sit cross-legged beside the fire and attempts to warm his hands. "You could retrieve the rope and axe Sir Votin, we not want them damage by the land."

He then turns to Kéet, "Master Kéet could you rap my robes around my shoulder, the heat leavith me!"

6/05/2024 9:00 am  #6699

Nodding his head in agreement Votin hauls the rope and axe back in.

6/05/2024 6:55 pm  #6700

Tillak calls to Keet, "Brother Keet, help me scrape this infernal purple ichor off of Brother Narrhil's hands!"

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.