!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2024 3:29 pm  #6641

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Caveman wrote:

He takes the shard in both his hand, dropping the rag, "great Ashen Worm, give me the wisdom to know what this gift is, that comes from your frozen bosom!"

The shard instantly melts, coating both his hands, and his coursing blood with cold!
[Save vs Sorcery]!

5/23/2024 5:47 pm  #6642

Narrhil Morrtos rolls d20 = 8 +2 = 10.

5/23/2024 6:16 pm  #6643

The liquid feels like it thickens but too dark to see what's happening, NARRHIL feels the coldness enveloping him!

5/24/2024 4:49 am  #6644

"Such is the will of the Ashen Worm!"

[OCC: Ring of Warmness not help?Ring of Warmness: This golden ring is set with a fire opal. To its wearer it confers warmth so that one never grows cold—even in sub-freezing temperatures. It also provides a +2 bonus on all saving throws related to cold damage, and it reduces each die of cold damage by −1 (potentially negating all damage).]

5/24/2024 8:07 pm  #6645

Caveman wrote:

"Such is the will of the Ashen Worm!"

[OCC: Ring of Warmness not help?Ring of Warmness: This golden ring is set with a fire opal. To its wearer it confers warmth so that one never grows cold—even in sub-freezing temperatures. It also provides a +2 bonus on all saving throws related to cold damage, and it reduces each die of cold damage by −1 (potentially negating all damage).]

[Ha! Yeah, I'm familiar with the ring.]

In the torchless dark NARRHIL feels only coldness gripping him, his scant magician's gown allowing all cold to penetrate, the shard's liquid covering his hands, which now seem to show a faint violet glow, akin to a transparent violet gauntlets!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/24/2024 8:09 pm)

5/24/2024 8:10 pm  #6646

TILLAK notices the faint glow of NARHILL's hands as well.

5/24/2024 8:11 pm  #6647

VOTIN snores like a neverending tide on an endless sandy beach.

5/24/2024 8:12 pm  #6648

And KEET GOOCH purrs like a kitten under his pack and the addition of the magician's winter robes!

5/25/2024 4:53 am  #6649

"Strange Master Tillak, the cold penetrates even the power of my magical ring of warmness. What could be so power as to ignore its effect?" says Narrhil concern, yet his fanatical belief in his god sooths any fears.

"If I did not have the ring, perhaps I would be dead by now...?"

5/25/2024 9:49 am  #6650

Iron Ranger wrote:

VOTIN snores like a neverending tide on an endless sandy beach.

{OOC: Votin approves this message !]

5/25/2024 10:04 am  #6651

[Poor Votin]

5/26/2024 7:49 pm  #6652

“Prrrrr” Kèet snores.

It is immortality of a sort.

5/27/2024 10:07 am  #6653

Caveman wrote:

"Strange Master Tillak, the cold penetrates even the power of my magical ring of warmness. What could be so power as to ignore its effect?" says Narrhil concern, yet his fanatical belief in his god sooths any fears.

"If I did not have the ring, perhaps I would be dead by now...?"

Tillak shudders, "Put it down, Brother Narrhil," Tillak says. "It can bring no good."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/27/2024 12:20 pm  #6654

"I cannot put it down. It has melted into my hands creating this faint glow Sir Tillak." States Narrhil. "I feel no harm, but honestly that is no reason to not be concerned. The Ashen Worm wills this. But I know naught what gift his great worth has bestowed!"

5/27/2024 5:24 pm  #6655

Caveman wrote:

"I cannot put it down. It has melted into my hands creating this faint glow Sir Tillak." States Narrhil. "I feel no harm, but honestly that is no reason to not be concerned. The Ashen Worm wills this. But I know naught what gift his great worth has bestowed!"

"May Y'thaq'ua protect us, then." Tillak rolls over and goes to sleep.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/27/2024 6:20 pm  #6656

SullyB74 wrote:

Caveman wrote:

[So since TILLAK will not run his watch, will NARRHIL post twice or awaken another?]

5/27/2024 6:27 pm  #6657

NARRHIL begins to shiver uncontrollably with the cold blast still seeping in the open door.

5/27/2024 8:13 pm  #6658

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Caveman wrote:

[So since TILLAK will not run his watch, will NARRHIL post twice or awaken another?]

[I'm confused. I thought it was still Narhill's watch. Otherwise, Tillak takes his post. And, he closes the door.]

Last edited by SullyB74 (5/27/2024 8:13 pm)

5/28/2024 4:55 am  #6659

Narrhil cannot sleep till he knows what is affecting him. He stares at his hands and tries to think.

5/28/2024 5:10 am  #6660

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil cannot sleep till he knows what is affecting him. He stares at his hands and tries to think.

"Brother Narrhil, are you ill?"

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.