!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2024 3:10 pm  #6561

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin throws the axe a second time...

To Hit
[1d20+1]=19+1=20

DEX
[1d6]=6

VOTIN hauls the line back and re-tosses the axe. Again his aim is true and the axe lands atop the carcass for a second time.

Votin gives the rope a tug to see if the carcass can be pulled in.

When Votin pulls the rope, the axe laying atop the carcass simply slides off again...

5/11/2024 8:58 pm  #6562

"There has to be a better way, let us put our heads together."

5/11/2024 9:02 pm  #6563

[OOC: Potentially fatal ice storm, funky mattress and/or shield...how far away from the door is the wolf?
I am also assuming no healing potions left and we can't retrieve anymore.
Various evil things at large outside.
Did I miss anything?]

5/11/2024 10:08 pm  #6564

"I think we just wait it out. Let's bar the door and crash for the night. This place is already much better than my accommodations last night. And for the previous weeks."
Keêt will then pull his winter blank out of his backpack and get ready to curl up.

[Does he still have his iron rations?]

It is immortality of a sort.

5/12/2024 3:54 am  #6565

"Personally I think, just keep throwing till you get lucky, the Ashen Worm will provide!" States Narrhil assured.

5/12/2024 7:27 am  #6566

To Hit
[1d20+1]=20+1=21
DEX
[1d6]=6

[OOC: These are authentic rolls from Unseenservant.com with no modifications...real life dice rolls we would probably starve]

5/12/2024 1:13 pm  #6567

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[OOC: Potentially fatal ice storm, funky mattress and/or shield...how far away from the door is the wolf?
I am also assuming no healing potions left and we can't retrieve anymore.
Various evil things at large outside.
Did I miss anything?]

[The carcass is just over 20 feet away.]

5/12/2024 1:14 pm  #6568

eakratz wrote:

"I think we just wait it out. Let's bar the door and crash for the night. This place is already much better than my accommodations last night. And for the previous weeks."
Keêt will then pull his winter blank out of his backpack and get ready to curl up.

[None of Keet's iron rations were in the pile of gear in the Beastmen's cave. Keet assumes they must have eaten them over the time he was held captove.]

5/12/2024 1:16 pm  #6569

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

To Hit
[1d20+1]=20+1=21
DEX
[1d6]=6

[OOC: These are authentic rolls from Unseenservant.com with no modifications...real life dice rolls we would probably starve]

Another bullseye. But the axe just  isnt biting down in hide!

5/12/2024 1:19 pm  #6570

Votin starts to notice that the ice blades stuck into the courtyard emit a faint nearly imperceptible glow within.

5/12/2024 1:34 pm  #6571

eakratz wrote:

[This room is 10 x 20 ft, there's 4 of you in there...Where does Keet curl up?]

5/12/2024 3:44 pm  #6572

[He'll lay down far from the entrance in a corner.]

It is immortality of a sort.

5/12/2024 7:04 pm  #6573

Iron Ranger wrote:

Votin starts to notice that the ice blades stuck into the courtyard emit a faint nearly imperceptible glow within.

[OOC: Any close to the door that Votin can pick up with out getting hurt?]

In the darkness outside Votin notices the icicles/daggers emit a glowing light...

"What sort of sorcery is this?"

5/12/2024 7:09 pm  #6574

Iron Ranger wrote:

[This room is 10 x 20 ft, there's 4 of you in there...Where does Keet curl up?]

[You're in an armored vehicle that is about 8x10 inside with a raging snowstorm/blizzard outside...there are 6 of you.
Your options are go outside and pitch a tent with no heat or stay inside very cramped with heat.
Things were going great until I had to use the bathroom...no indoor plumbing...I think it was -20 with the windchill factor.]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/12/2024 7:11 pm)

5/13/2024 2:12 am  #6575

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[OOC: Any close to the door that Votin can pick up with out getting hurt?]

In the darkness outside Votin notices the icicles/daggers emit a glowing light...

"What sort of sorcery is this?"

The building is providing  about three feet of protective cover outside the door.

5/13/2024 4:34 am  #6576

Narrhil step to the door at Votin's word to look...

[Do I need to roll to make a conclusion?
@Yeti, pity you were not in a battle, ye be killing the lot of them! ]

5/13/2024 4:38 am  #6577

[Do we all notice the "eerie glow" of the crystals? Particularly those of us with arcane knowledge? If Votin says something, then Tillak takes a look. If so, that means that there is sorcery afoot. Are we not in a room at base of a tower? If so, then I think that there is someone at top who is creating this maelstrom.] 

Last edited by SullyB74 (5/13/2024 4:40 am)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/13/2024 8:29 am  #6578

Against his better judgement and distrust for any sort of magic, Votin uses the warpick to scooch the closest glowing 'cicle closer to the door. Wary of any threats outside.

5/13/2024 10:53 am  #6579

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Against his better judgement and distrust for any sort of magic, Votin uses the warpick to scooch the closest glowing 'cicle closer to the door. Wary of any threats outside.

Votin is able to drag an ice shard back to the doorway.

5/13/2024 10:55 am  #6580

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil step to the door at Votin's word to look...

[Do I need to roll to make a conclusion?
@Yeti, pity you were not in a battle, ye be killing the lot of them! ]

Narrhil watches Votin snag the ice shard. The glow is extremely faint, but he sees it too.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.