!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2024 1:38 pm  #1

Crash Site : Mi Go Ship and Oon

A mi-go was transporting some oon to investigate something on Hyperborea (maybe a Lost Treasure of Atlantis) but a Warp Rider attacked them as they were getting ready to land.

The mi-go was in the ship but used a special escape pod (maybe something like the President had in Escape from New York) that landed nearby.

I am using Caveman's most excellent maps of the Brigand's Bay area

The town located on the shores of Brigand's Bay I called Motts' Bailery. It is located in hex 11642.

The capsule is located on the middle island located in hex 11440.

I have the ship crash site in hex 11240.

The people of Motts' Bailey saw a streak in the sky one night, not unlike a shooting star.

A few weeks later some hunters came into town and told tales of homesteaders with the top of their heads cut off and their brains missing.

Duke Motts (A. Number One!) sent a patrol to investigate and they did not return.

More details to come as I write things down.

The DM map

The Player map

My mod's to Caveman's maps

Where I placed the crash site and such relative to Motts' Bailey

What? Me worry?

5/05/2024 7:03 am  #2

Re: Crash Site : Mi Go Ship and Oon

Nice, ship looks like a mini-dungeon.

5/05/2024 9:38 am  #3

Yeah, definitely an advantage to have most of a ship "not available" for exploring because of damage.

I was pondering how a mi-go would transport oon around and settled on a ship, especially since the mi-go can fly through The Void.

It's probably reasonable to have the oon in a bag or something that negates their mass and just fly them there, or even some teleportation or other weird science method.

The only weird point is having the mi-go escape in a capsule but it is really a McGuffin. I wouldn't want to face a mi-go with a laser pistol. Save vs death or disintegrate is no fun, but hey, don't poke the mi-go in stasis.

What? Me worry?

5/05/2024 10:30 am  #4

Indeed!

Oh, look it is a Mi-go.., time for me to go... .

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.