!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2024 4:09 am  #6361

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Narrhil examines the gravestones and the buildings in the poor light.

3/07/2024 10:38 am  #6362

The nearest stone leans forward 5 degrees, its face is etched Narrxell Xulltos
and this symbol.

3/07/2024 2:49 pm  #6363

"The symbol of Helios; the Dying Sun," pondered Narrhil out-loud in a faint voice, "this Narrxell Xulltos may have been a priest of this church!" He considered if below him in the grave was the magical items of cert presumed priest but he knew the ground would be too solid to dig into.

He attempted to learn if any of the scripture was magical.

3/07/2024 4:03 pm  #6364

The next stone stands erect, but its etching is similarly worn by time. Denn Korrtose.

3/08/2024 9:44 am  #6365

"Perhaps this is the graveyard for the priests?" observes the cryomancer. "Still, we need to find shelter," he starts scanning the outer walls of the buildings.

3/08/2024 7:41 pm  #6366

From this distance and in this flickering light, they both look to be stone and identical 10 ft wide. taller than light provides.  and separated by 20 ft.

3/09/2024 4:36 am  #6367

Narrhil takes the torch and slowly goes to his left, with his pick in his other hand to examine the building. 

"Great Ashen Worm, protect my comrades and me from this bitter cold, especially them, as they are near frozen in place and becoming inactive!" He chants, constantly, repeating the same verse repetitively in a faint whisper.

3/09/2024 3:08 pm  #6368

As Narrhil approaches the corner of the left building, it affords some protection of his torch form the strong bitter wind - allowing the full glow of the fall upon the space.

Noticeable immediately is a large wooden staircase leading up into the night darkness near the back of a dirt courtyard. On the opposite building, a door. On this one, 2 small windows up on the wall. Broken glass on the dirt beneath. And a small spade leaned against the wall.

3/10/2024 7:38 am  #6369

Narrhil waits for his comrades, but points at the door in the (presume*) south wall.

[* Based on this map: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nialldubh/53578865614/in/album-72177720310098923/ is this correct?]

3/10/2024 11:13 am  #6370

Narrhil points at the only door he sees. [He doesn't possess any maps.]

3/11/2024 4:07 am  #6371

[I know Narrhil has no map, but I do ]

3/11/2024 5:56 am  #6372

Is Keet checking for traps?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/16/2024 2:05 pm  #6373

[OMG I can't remember the last time I had an email update from this thread. I'll try and catch up.]

It is immortality of a sort.

3/16/2024 3:16 pm  #6374

Kèet rubs his hands together and inspects the door, looking at the handle, threshold and frame as well as along the ground to find some signs  a trap

[I rolled a 2 for Manipulate Traps. I think that is used to find traps.]

3/16/2024 3:33 pm  #6375

Keet leaves Tillak at the gate and walks to the door. And though he blocks most of the light from Narrhil's torch, he sees that all seems in order, a very common door construction, and simple hardware he's seen many times over.

Examining the handle, he feels certain there is no trap laid upon it by man.

3/16/2024 4:55 pm  #6376

Kèet pauses and places an ear near the door. Hearing nothing he opens it and peers inside.

[Rolled a 9 to Discern Noise.]

3/17/2024 5:10 am  #6377

Narrhil moves to the left side of door to provide light for Kéet.

3/17/2024 12:36 pm  #6378

eakratz wrote:

Kèet pauses and places an ear near the door. Hearing nothing he opens it and peers inside.

[Rolled a 9 to Discern Noise.]

[Premature roll discarded.]
The door is stuck and does not open as he pulls the handle.
Keet in fact does hear some rustling sounds from within.

3/17/2024 11:53 pm  #6379

Narrhil arrives at the door in time to hear the rustling himself.

3/18/2024 4:33 am  #6380

Narrhil looks at Kéet, then prepares, waving Tillak over to assist...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.