!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2024 6:10 am  #6301

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"You might be glad they did not, Friend Kéet or you would have had a dozen zombies tearing out your throat, the numbers were not in our favour!"

Narrhil looked at the church, "we are many miles north-westward of Dunwich and it is either we stay in these cave to heal and are consumed by more Beast-men and Undead or risk leaving to enter the coldland and freeze to death, or just basically die of our wounds or by starvation. I not sure at present, which is the best option?"

1/30/2024 9:31 pm  #6302

A waft of death blows up from the cave depths while the group discusses next moves.....

2/01/2024 5:50 am  #6303

"We should not wait here, brothers. Should we return to the church?"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/01/2024 6:25 am  #6304

"Yet there is an electrical force forming a transparent dome around the church, Sir Tillak, if we approach we will surely be destroyed. I saw movement in the bell tower, but know not what it is, it maybe friend or foe?!" Stated Narrhil.

2/05/2024 6:16 am  #6305

Caveman wrote:

"Yet there is an electrical force forming a transparent dome around the church, Sir Tillak, if we approach we will surely be destroyed. I saw movement in the bell tower, but know not what it is, it maybe friend or foe?!" Stated Narrhil.

"The bell tower it is, then."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/05/2024 12:24 pm  #6306

SullyB74 wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Sounds like Tillak is sifting through the pile of gear for his wolf hide...

2/05/2024 3:51 pm  #6307

“Ok let’s go then. Maybe when we get closer we might be able to see something we missed from up here.”

It is immortality of a sort.

2/06/2024 4:43 am  #6308

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Sounds like Tillak is sifting through the pile of gear for his wolf hide...

He is.

2/06/2024 5:46 am  #6309

Narrhil nods, then says, "it maybe this witch, so we must spy from a distance. Perhaps we can find another cave or ruin to hide in later, to heal!"

2/06/2024 6:17 am  #6310

"Aye. We are in no condition to deal with a witch with this much power."

2/06/2024 9:26 pm  #6311

Resolute but taking stock, the group examines their gear.
The ring plus winter robe and , the wolf hide look stout  but Keet Gooch's winter blanket looks better designed for protection inside a tent or lean to and not against the frigid air itself - nonetheless the young thief wraps it around himself ready to brave the freezing descent to the church.

They find 5 extra torches in the gear pile, one measly iron ration and 3 half empty wineskins tempt them.

They each comment that the other looks haggard beneath the lacerations and bruisings.

The wind again howls outside in the black.

2/07/2024 5:26 am  #6312

SullyB74 wrote:

"Aye. We are in no condition to deal with a witch with this much power."

Narrhil nods in agreement.

Then he stores the torches, iron ration and the three wineskins in his pack. "We at least have something to drink and eat later, no matter how sparse!"

The cryomancer makes ready to leave the cave...

2/09/2024 10:16 am  #6313

[Anybody want to do anything else here?]

2/09/2024 9:31 pm  #6314

I suggest that we head to the bell tower.

2/10/2024 5:53 am  #6315

"Let us go Sir Tillak, there maybe more undead patrolling these caves and coming our way!"

2/10/2024 8:23 am  #6316

If there are no objections, then the party heads towards the bell tower. "Friend Narrhil, do you know much of the soul-less? I heard of them in my studies, but I have never encountered them before today. Why did they not attack us?"

2/10/2024 8:24 am  #6317

[OCC: Is there any XP to be divvied out? ]

2/10/2024 11:50 am  #6318

"My master mentioned them briefly, but the lesser walking dead move, when commanded, they have little will," the cryomancer paused in thought, "my fear is the witch has summoned them, and they are compelled to obey her!"

2/10/2024 4:00 pm  #6319

"The little I know of the sou-less seems to indicate that this is the case. We cannot stay here. Come, to the bell tower, brothers."

2/10/2024 10:32 pm  #6320

“I wouldn’t have gotten out of this without you two. Let me contribute how I can. I’ll scout ahead and report back if I see something interesting or dangerous.”

[Kèet will move out ahead looking for danger, ambushes, or opportunities. If need be, he’d use his spider climb to get a better view]

It is immortality of a sort.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.