!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2024 8:24 am  #6261

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Unsure of the force of the magic from beyond the cave entrance, Narrhil turns as he hears faint footsteps. He tries to find a large rock, or other obstacle to hide behind. Then he readies his wand, and if a threat should appear, he would unleash a cold Hell upon its form...

[OOC: How far away is the church?]

1/12/2024 1:10 pm  #6262

Kèet, hearing te footsteps, will attempt to hide to set up a backstab.

It is immortality of a sort.

1/13/2024 3:37 am  #6263

Caveman wrote:

Unsure of the force of the magic from beyond the cave entrance, Narrhil turns as he hears faint footsteps. He tries to find a large rock, or other obstacle to hide behind. Then he readies his wand, and if a threat should appear, he would unleash a cold Hell upon its form...

[OOC: How far away is the church?]

There are crags in the rock walls at the cave mouth that Narrhil wedges into.

[quarter mile?]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/13/2024 3:38 am)

1/13/2024 3:38 am  #6264

eakratz wrote:

Kèet, hearing te footsteps, will attempt to hide to set up a backstab.

There are crags in rock wall at the cavemouth Keet Gooch wedges into.

1/13/2024 9:01 am  #6265

Narrhil hides in the crags waiting, 'only quarter of a mile to the church. Are we close to the Beast-men's lair. That is too close! We will sure be assaulted by them if we are forced to camp here, in this region in the dark year of Nightfall,' he thinks.

He grips his teeth in anticipation...

1/13/2024 4:35 pm  #6266

Keet Gooch's newly lighted torch flickers from his hiding crag, casting light on the first of several figures lumbering out of the dark depths of the cave. Several men, vacant faces, milked eyes, slow gait, whose gashes seem long festered and dried.

1/14/2024 6:30 am  #6267

Narrhil blasts them with his wand...

[OOC: Damage used from a previous roll not used, Wand Damage: 9d4+9 = 2 +1 +3 +2 +2 +4 +2 +4 +2 + 9 = 31 (re-roll 1s) rolls d4 = 2, Total: 32]

1/16/2024 7:37 pm  #6268

The wand erupts, its blast of cold a direct hit on the first of the intruders.

but as the frost settles,

NARRHIL is shocked to see his prize has had no effect.

The ambling continues.

[END OF ROUND. ALL, state intentions, etc.... etc..]

1/16/2024 8:29 pm  #6269

Kèet mouths some expletives, but sighs relief hat they keep going. Once they leave the cave he’ll leave the torch with Narrhil and silently follow them.

1/16/2024 8:42 pm  #6270

eakratz wrote:

Kèet mouths some expletives, but sighs relief hat they keep going. Once they leave the cave he’ll leave the torch with Narrhil and silently follow them.

[Um, not quite. The figures have only just appeared from the depths of the cave, Keet Gooch, and Narrhil are tucked in crags near the mouth, about 30 feet away. And Tillak is standing near the mouth in the open if i'm not mistaken.]

1/16/2024 8:47 pm  #6271

[oh ok, I read that as they shambled past us, Kéet will stay put, but if they approach him he will hit it with the torch]

1/17/2024 8:56 am  #6272

eakratz wrote:

[oh ok, I read that as they shambled past us, Kéet will stay put, but if they approach him he will hit it with the torch]

[ok, roll your intiative, and possible attack roll and damage roll, for if it comes to this]

1/17/2024 10:30 am  #6273

[Initiative 2
Attack rolled a 9 so hit AC 10 unless I get backstab then AC 6
If it hits 4 damage or 8 with backstab]

1/17/2024 10:33 am  #6274

"Undead!" Hissed Narrhil. "Be careful he whispers, "they may passby!"

[OOC: does it look like they noticed wand' effects, or are they moving to cave entrance to continue outside?]

1/17/2024 10:44 am  #6275

[Just for clarification I’m not jumping out to attack, only doing so if they come to us]

1/17/2024 10:57 am  #6276

eakratz wrote:

[Just for clarification I’m not jumping out to attack, only doing so if they come to us]

Understood.  Keet Gooch will swipe with his torch only to defend himself if necessary, and preferably silently from behind.

Basically, with the play by post, the way I've been doing it since everyone is checking at different times/days, is at the end of each round, have everyone tell me what they want to do, and go ahead and make all the rolls for it.  then I put the intiative rolls in order with monsters' and start the round - That way we're not waiting for anybody's post to finish the round. IF something crazy happens that might change intentions I'll stop, if something crazy happens that makes any intentions improbable I'll skip it. Make sense?

1/17/2024 11:00 am  #6277

Narrhill sees no reaction from the lumbering men, stumbling straight through the frigid blast. Now several more have appeared , heading straight toward the cave mouth - where he and Keet Gooch hide - but Tillak seems to be standing right in front of the opening of!  

1/17/2024 11:01 am  #6278

Keet round 2 moves noted.
Narrhill?
Tilllak?

1/17/2024 9:30 pm  #6279

[OOC: Would Tillak know the weaknesses of the undead?]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/18/2024 7:51 am  #6280

"Get out the way, let them pass Master Tillak!" Says Narrhil.

[OOC: Narrhil attempts to stay hidden].
Narrhil Morrtos rolls d6 = 1.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.