!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2024 3:34 am  #6241

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

eakratz wrote:

Kéet will use the dying torch to light one of the new ones from the pile. 

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Narrhil sees the skinny stranger picking through the equipment pile.

[I thought they had already gotten their gear,]

[I think only Keet and Tillak, reequipped while Narrhil guarded cavemouth.]

Keet approaches the sputtering torch at the cave mouth and sees dots of flame light near the church  far below.
He picks up the dying torch and applies its butt to the fresh one. 
And a rock flies past his head into the cave!

1/05/2024 10:24 pm  #6242

“Oh my,” Kèet exclaims at the rock, “Hey, I grabbed your stuff,” he says to Narrhil. 

[During Kèet’s captivity, did he learn of any other ways out of here? Or does the cave go further away from the entrance?]

Last edited by eakratz (1/06/2024 8:18 am)

It is immortality of a sort.

1/06/2024 2:45 am  #6243

eakratz wrote:

“Oh my,” Kèet exclaims at the rock, “Hey, a grabbed your stuff,” he says to Narrhil. 

[During Kèet’s captivity, did he learn of any other ways out of here? Or does the cave go further away from the entrance?]

[KEET GOOCH +50XP]

[Keet recalls the beastmen disappearing for long stretches deeper into the cave.]

Another rock flies in! This one coming much closer to its target!

1/06/2024 7:53 am  #6244

"I say good man, that is my equipment!" Say Narrhil to Kéet.

At the commotion, the cryomancer hurls abuse at those near the cave entrance, "come in here and I will freeze yer souls, ya hear me?!" He quickly donned his robes and grabs his gear.

[OOC: I see ring in pile?]

1/06/2024 8:21 am  #6245

“Ok good, I think there may be another way out of here if we go in deeper.” Kèet then backs away from the entrance, holding out Narrhil’s gear.
"By the way, those things pretty much ambushed my group and decimated us before I could do anything. Have either of you killed any yet? Can they be killed"

Last edited by eakratz (1/06/2024 8:33 am)

1/06/2024 12:26 pm  #6246

Caveman wrote:

"I say good man, that is my equipment!" Say Narrhil to Kéet.

At the commotion, the cryomancer hurls abuse at those near the cave entrance, "come in here and I will freeze yer souls, ya hear me?!" He quickly donned his robes and grabs his gear.

[OOC: I see ring in pile?]

[It seems KEET GOOCH did not pinch it, so yes.]

1/07/2024 7:46 am  #6247

Narrhil accepts his gear graciously, and places the ring on his finger, glad for its warms.

"Yes, we have destroy a few of their number, my wand is most efficient, but only if it has power. Once that is gone, we will be helpless!" The cryomancer paused, "also master Tillak slaughtered one in martial combat!"

1/07/2024 11:26 am  #6248

“Did you happen to See how many are left? Maybe we could take it.”

1/08/2024 2:08 pm  #6249

"I not sure!" Replies Narrhil.

[OOC: How many guards lead us to cave entrance?]

1/09/2024 6:03 am  #6250

Caveman wrote:

"I not sure!" Replies Narrhil.

[OOC: How many guards lead us to cave entrance?]

[4 as I recall]

1/09/2024 6:04 am  #6251

There is a sudden flash of light outside the cavemouth.

1/09/2024 9:00 am  #6252

"Four best-men," he answers. Then he turns sharply at the flash of light...

[OOC: What kind of light, a bright yellow light, a cold intense white light, like ice, snow or electricity? Could he hear the Beast-men startle, and groan in fear and pain?]

1/10/2024 9:12 pm  #6253

Tillak turns towards the light as well, preparing to place himself between Narrhil and any foes that may attack the party.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/10/2024 9:18 pm  #6254

“Four, hmm. Hopefully you softened them up with that wand.” Kèet sheathes the axe and draws his sling, creeping up towards the edge to see better where the beastmen are and what that light was.

[Should I roll a hide or move silently or would you?]

1/11/2024 6:04 am  #6255

"Maybe," hissed Narrhil,  "but be careful, I may have scared them, but not sure it hit them...!"

The cryomancer was still confused, the strange light was not, he presume of Beast-men origins...

1/12/2024 3:21 am  #6256

Caveman wrote:

"Four best-men," he answers. Then he turns sharply at the flash of light...

[OOC: What kind of light, a bright yellow light, a cold intense white light, like ice, snow or electricity? Could he hear the Beast-men startle, and groan in fear and pain?]

The electrical light crackles forming a transparent dome surrounding the church, its grounds illuminated within as day. There is movement atop the bell tower.

All is silent.

1/12/2024 3:22 am  #6257

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak turns towards the light as well, preparing to place himself between Narrhil and any foes that may attack the party.

Tillak moving closer to the cavemouth can hear twigs snapping as the beastmen run away down the cliffside.

1/12/2024 3:23 am  #6258

eakratz wrote:

“Four, hmm. Hopefully you softened them up with that wand.” Kèet sheathes the axe and draws his sling, creeping up towards the edge to see better where the beastmen are and what that light was.

[Should I roll a hide or move silently or would you?]

KEET GOOCH is mesmerized by the cracking light dome.

1/12/2024 3:24 am  #6259

Caveman wrote:

"Maybe," hissed Narrhil,  "but be careful, I may have scared them, but not sure it hit them...!"

The cryomancer was still confused, the strange light was not, he presume of Beast-men origins...

NARHILL recognizes this is a magic well beyond his learning.

1/12/2024 3:27 am  #6260

NARHILL hears slow footfalls against stone coming from behind him!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.