!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2023 11:41 pm  #1

Port Zangerios

I am runnign a campaign (via Fantasy Grounds) for my Monday gaming crew. That is my friends from college (1980's), my 2 daughters and a couple of other gaming buddies (5-7 show up every week). We did Late Trapper's Lament to start and they all decided to ride the trading ship to Port Zangerios.

I certainly am using the "wear masks" lore, and it being a city with pirates and thieves is also blended in. But I have never liked a city that is too lawless. I picked a Dyson Logos city map anmd went with it. The wharves to the West outside the city walls are the pirate town. The city itself is run by a Duke and a ruling counsel with the pirates basically being second in command.

I back a kickstarter called Ebonclad (5e D&D) a while ago and it provides a bunch of Thieves' Guild adventures that are easy enough to steal from. I have a bunch of other cities to quickly steal from (work full time so only so many hours in the day to create all from scratch).

So far I ran an intro to the thieves' guild adventure there over 2 sessions. Next week they are going to a nearby island that is known to have ruins to explore (dungeon crawl with some hex crawl woven in). One of the advantages to Zangerios are those close by islands that can have ruins from older times in them.

So far everyone is liking the system and the flavor.

Last edited by Myrdin Potter (3/01/2023 3:55 pm)

2/28/2023 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Port Zangerios

I like your Map choice. Definitely looks like it fits in with the descriptions...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.