!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2023 12:25 pm  #1

Ogl?

Any fallout from the OGL changes that WOTC is proposing?

Thanks,
VR/Scott

1/06/2023 4:22 pm  #2

Re: Ogl?

Choosing to not respond/react at this time, but thanks for asking. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/09/2023 7:14 am  #3

"May they burn in lakes of fire and drown in rivers of blood, har, har!"

1/09/2023 8:25 am  #4

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell’s heart, I stab at thee; For hate’s sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

1/09/2023 9:08 am  #5

“In the darkness of chaos, they fooled Hasbro/WotC, and they took from him the enigma of OGL. Hasbro/WotC was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these Giant Companies, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the Hasbro/WotC forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not Hasbro/WotC. Not Giant Companies. Just men. The Secret of OGL has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts, and Deffinately not Hasbro/WotC... OGL 1.0A you can trust

Last edited by BlackKnight (1/09/2023 9:13 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/09/2023 5:53 pm  #6

What a fiasco...

1/09/2023 8:53 pm  #7

I like OSE, but as a GM I just come alive with ASSH/Hyperborea. My family started playing again over Christmas. I started them slow with OSE, but it all exploded with Hyperborea. It was like nitrous oxide! They loved the options. They love the books (May have to pick up a few more). They just enjoy this game. Sad to see all of this caught up in a pathetic power play. But I got my books. I got my dice. I’m gonna keep playing this game!

Prayers for an uncertain time. Thanksgiving for a gift bound up and presented so well.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks,
VR/Scott

1/10/2023 10:18 pm  #8

But they were, all of them, deceived, for another OGL was made. In the land of Seattle, in the fires of WotC, the Dark Lord Williams forged in secret a master OGL, to control all others. And into this OGL she poured her greed, her malice and her will to dominate all TTRPGs. 

ONE D&D

Last edited by Master Magician Rennalds (1/10/2023 10:18 pm)

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/12/2023 7:00 am  #9

@ Spellbinder, BlackKnight and Master Magican Rennards: Hilarious...

@ Soundchaser: Agreed! :/

@ revshafer: Prayers for an uncertain time. +1

1/12/2023 10:04 am  #10

Still no idea what Hyperborea's plans are? I am nervous about all this.

1/12/2023 7:32 pm  #11

I'd love to translate Hyperborea to Barbarians of Lemuria myself, if Jeffrey would allow me.  Heck, I know the creator of BoL, Simon Washbourne, and he would have no issues with it.  In fact, he'd love it!

1/13/2023 6:41 am  #12

Would be unusual, I got every Bol set of rules and I really enjoy how they formatted their spell use...

Gee, I just buy it, just to see how it formats...

1/13/2023 2:23 pm  #13

The Hasbro/WotC Juggernaught has just Tucked Tail and Ran!!!

Power to the Gamers!!!!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1423-an-update-on-the-open-game-license-ogl

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.