!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2023 11:55 pm  #1

PDF Policy

If you buy the corebook bundle on NWA's webstore, does it also include complimentary PDF copies of the books? I don't yet have 3e. I still have 2e on my shelf currently.

Last edited by Spellbinder (1/02/2023 11:56 pm)

1/03/2023 1:26 pm  #2

Re: PDF Policy

I ordered the 3E core bundle a few days ago and am awaiting USPS delivery.  As far as I know, the answer to your question is "no," but perhaps there will be a pdf code within the books (like DCC did).  I'll follow up once the physical books arrive unless a more definitive answer is forthcoming in the meantime. 

1/03/2023 2:43 pm  #3

I've backed every NWA Kickstarter (save the 1st Edition boxed set). You only receive complimentary pdf's with physical product if you are a Kickstarter backer. If you purchase physical copies post Kickstarter campaign you do not receive complimentary pdf's. It's a bonus to the Kickstarter backers. There are often good sales or bundles deal's to get pdf's very inexpensively though, keep your eyes peeled. Also, sign up for Jeff's NWA email list to be notified (https://www.hyperborea.tv/).

1/03/2023 3:39 pm  #4

I’m fine with the current policy. Hyperborea is set at “take my money.”

Thanks,
VR/Scott

1/04/2023 11:50 am  #5

OP, my 3E bundle arrived today -- Hooray! 

Just to confirm no PDF code with the physical set (not to be intended as a criticism). 

I can't compare to the 2E one volume book, but the quality, lay-out, organization seems fine (just started perusing).  I quite like the subdued (non bleached) paper. 

1/04/2023 11:53 am  #6

Congrats! I just ordered my bundle yesterday and am looking forward to receiving it.

Thanks for the follow-up!

1/04/2023 4:03 pm  #7

I've always got mine as complementary via the Kickstarter. If you purchase the hard copies direct, I don't think they come with the PDFs. But if needed the PDFs are available via DriveThruRPG for pretty cheap! ($12 for each PM and RM, $5 for the Atlas).

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/04/2023 5:47 pm  #8

I just purchased the PDFs for the core books and the Atlas.

1/04/2023 6:07 pm  #9

Do you receive a confirmation email when your order ships? I haven't received anything yet that I can see and just want to make sure I didn't miss it in my junk folder or something.

I am looking very forward to playing this.

1/04/2023 7:19 pm  #10

Spellbinder wrote:

Do you receive a confirmation email when your order ships? I haven't received anything yet that I can see and just want to make sure I didn't miss it in my junk folder or something.

Yes.  I received a "thank you for your order," message; then, a few days later (I ordered on Christmas Eve!), a follow-up email with tracking (USPS) number.  

I'm reading up on all the lore as I'm new to AS&SH ... 3E is my first contact with the game system.  

1/04/2023 7:31 pm  #11

Thanks!

I went through the lore when I got 2e but that was a long time back.  I am getting ready to go through the lore again in the 3e PDFs.

Feel free to discuss it here and we and we can wax on about what we think are the cool aspects and such.

Last edited by Spellbinder (1/04/2023 7:32 pm)

1/06/2023 4:28 pm  #12

measuredrums wrote:

I've backed every NWA Kickstarter (save the 1st Edition boxed set). You only receive complimentary pdf's with physical product if you are a Kickstarter backer. If you purchase physical copies post Kickstarter campaign you do not receive complimentary pdf's. It's a bonus to the Kickstarter backers. There are often good sales or bundles deal's to get pdf's very inexpensively though, keep your eyes peeled. Also, sign up for Jeff's NWA email list to be notified (https://www.hyperborea.tv/).

This is correct. We give them as a bonus for backing the Kickstarter, which is used to print the books, so backers are funding the printing, in effect, so it's a nice little perk. Afterwards, we sell the separately, but as BlackKnight mentioned, they are reasonably priced, and when on sale are often under $10. Many thanks!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.