!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2022 12:28 pm  #5441

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Votin, what happened?" I'm glad that you are alive, brother. I fought three guards that came upon the beast man and I. The beast man abandoned me and I had to kill them."

Last edited by SullyB74 (12/18/2022 12:20 am)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

12/18/2022 7:35 pm  #5442

"Tilliak, I found this passage with the stairs past going up and the door with no handle but had to fight three small skeletons who were very vicious."

12/19/2022 6:47 am  #5443

"Was there writing there, or runes? Perhaps the way to enter it is through speech, or magic."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

12/19/2022 9:12 am  #5444

"I don't know, I never thought of that...we need to go back and check."

[OOC: Can Votin bind his own wounds?]

12/19/2022 9:34 am  #5445

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"I don't know, I never thought of that...we need to go back and check."

[OOC: Can Votin bind his own wounds?]

Votin knows the old ways so he can use the few earthherbs left in his pack to stop the flow, but the skirmish with the halfskeletons has left him extremely fatigued. [1/17 HP]

12/19/2022 2:13 pm  #5446

Tillak is concerned for Votin's well being. "Should we rest, first?"

12/19/2022 2:25 pm  #5447

The companions are in a roughly 10ft x 12 ft space lined with shelves of glass bottles. The stairs Votin refers are inside the wall.
-------------hole----

|    -------rack------|
|                          |
|    -------rack------|
|                          |
|    -------rack------|
|        _________|
|  | | | | |----->|

Last edited by Iron Ranger (12/19/2022 2:26 pm)

12/19/2022 9:17 pm  #5448

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak is concerned for Votin's well being. "Should we rest, first?"

"Perhaps we should...you want the first watch?"

With this Votin binds his wounds like the old shaman showed him.

12/20/2022 7:19 am  #5449

Tillak begins to examine the bottles on the shelves. Can he determine what is in them?

12/20/2022 9:48 am  #5450

The racks hold many dusty glass bottles of red liquid.
A several bottles of clear liquid are mixed in.=13pxthe glass is hand blown, with cork stoppers in various conditions of age.

12/21/2022 12:00 am  #5451

Can I determine whether the contents can help Votin?

12/21/2022 11:48 am  #5452

SullyB74 wrote:

Can I determine whether the contents can help Votin?

[You can try. What does Tillak do?]

12/21/2022 4:10 pm  #5453

I spill a drop of each on the flagstone. Does anything happen?

12/21/2022 6:40 pm  #5454

SullyB74 wrote:

I spill a drop of each on the flagstone. Does anything happen?

The red splatters and stains with a vinegar odor. The clear evaporates instantly.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (12/21/2022 6:40 pm)

12/22/2022 5:30 pm  #5455

I touch the red stain. If it is wet, then I touch it to my wound.

12/23/2022 10:03 am  #5456

SullyB74 wrote:

I touch the red stain. If it is wet, then I touch it to my wound.

The red liquid is wet, applying to your cut stings.

12/23/2022 5:42 pm  #5457

I dab a bit on my tongue.

12/23/2022 5:48 pm  #5458

SullyB74 wrote:

I dab a bit on my tongue.

soured wine.

12/23/2022 5:57 pm  #5459

OK. I dap the clear liquid to my cut. I smell it, too.

12/24/2022 10:03 am  #5460

[OOC: dealing with the weather....bot me if needed Thanks!]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.