!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2022 12:39 pm  #1

Any eta on physical books?

I ordered via my FLGS (who joined the KS), and I’d like to know when physical books may be available?

8/13/2022 6:51 pm  #2

Re: Any eta on physical books?

Jeff recently sent this update to the kickstarter:

We are looking at approximately three more weeks of standard book shipping left for orders that do not include the leatherette books.

and on the leathers:
This means that we should have the books by approximately the third week of September

8/14/2022 11:02 am  #3

Thanks.  Hopefully get to the UK soon!

8/14/2022 12:27 pm  #4

Fingers crossed!  I'm just hoping this long delay doesn;t hamper the timeline for the launch of the next trio of modules! 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (8/14/2022 12:29 pm)

8/14/2022 2:52 pm  #5

Antalon wrote:

Hi, did you order from Leisure Games? If so, we (Leisure Games and North Wind Adventures both) are waiting for shipping instructions from Leisure's freight partner in the USA. The books are packaged and boxed and awaiting instructions. They should be going to the freight partner this week. From there, you'll have to consult the store about an ETA, because I will be out of the loop once the freight partner has the books. Hope that helps!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/15/2022 2:19 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

Antalon wrote:

Hi, did you order from Leisure Games?

Jeff, I did.  That’s good news; hopefully with me by October.

9/14/2022 8:32 pm  #7

Man, anybody else just jonesing for these leathers or what?

9/17/2022 6:48 am  #8

Iron Ranger wrote:

Man, anybody else just jonesing for these leathers or what?

I heard from my CSR at the printer last week, and she confirmed that the leatherette material was en route to the printer, so I am assuming it has now arrived there. Next, they will wrap the books, foil stamp, and ship to me. As soon as they reveal a ship date from them to me, I'll be certain to let everyone know via Kickstarter update and my regular email newsletter. Thanks for your patience! I can't wait, too! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/20/2022 10:14 pm  #9

Great news!

10/28/2022 3:26 pm  #10

As of 27 October, my physical copy of the rules and map has been received, via Leisure Games in the UK. Given global shipping disruption, strikes at UK ports and, this week, strikes by postal workers, the books have been on an epic journey!  I went for the basic versions: the cover art is so very good.

I am in a dilemma now: I like 2nd ed a lot too, there is nothing ‘wrong’ with it, but 3rd ed is a little sweeter in many small ways.  First world problems!

10/29/2022 9:57 am  #11

Got mine from Leisure Games a couple of days ago, too. Added to the North Wind Adventures shrine! [img][/img]

Last edited by wulfgar22 (10/29/2022 9:58 am)

10/29/2022 10:45 am  #12

Nice. I’m jealous.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.