!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2022 10:33 am  #1

AS&SH Screen for 3E Hyperborea

Hi all. I've been lurking on the boards here for a few months since I purchased the 3E Hyperborea books but just never had a reason to make a profile and post. I've gotten pretty burned out on D&D 5E and Hyperborea takes me back to when I first began playing 2E D&D with my friends back in the early 90s. I'm also a huge fan of Howard and Lovecraft so the setting influences and mechanics of Hyperborea are a huge plus for me. I only regret not looking into this game sooner.

I'm planning to start a Hyperborea campaign next month. I noticed there doesn't seem to be a Referee's Screen yet for 3E, so I wanted to ask how much information on the AS&SH screen available in the web store applies to 3E Hyperborea?

"The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!" -Robert E. Howard

8/26/2022 11:07 am  #2

Re: AS&SH Screen for 3E Hyperborea

It's 88% (give or take) compatible ... On the screen, only 4 out of 33 tables are not compliant with HYPE3 ...Table 79: Calculated Encumbrance is no longer needed, as encumbrance rules are greatly simplified in HYPE3 (but you could use if you like the granularity) ... Table 89: Basic Combat Sequence is changed for HYPE3, simplified ... Table 97: Two-weapon fighting is changed for HYPE3, simplified ... and Table 47: Shields is changed in HYPE3, there are only 2 types of shield now.

8/26/2022 3:37 pm  #3

Thanks for answering that question, measuredrums. Much appreciated.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/29/2022 9:45 am  #4

I'm considering trying to create some same-size cutouts that I can tape into the place of the tables that are off. if I get it working nicely I'll push the doc out for others to use.

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.